Hootsman Applaud Celtics Foreign Legions (Nhc)

7628mm

From the Hootsman

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Celtic-2--0-Utrecht.6485214.jp

I find it most comforting that some of the Scottish media are falling over themselves to congratulate Celtic on fielding a swarm of foreigners in their team.

It reminds me of the medias glorification of HMFC and our many foreigners that came and graced the Scottish game in 2005-2006.

I also find it pleasing that Celtic and their ugly sister are doing their level best to play as few Scots as possible to improve our game and national prospects.

It is such a pity that there are no "British" players to be had (pun intended) to grace our Premier league.

Good I feel better for that

Aye, where's your Hugh Keevins now eh?

That nasaly challenged little **** wont say a dickie bird about Celtic, yet that is by far a more foreign side than we ever fielded :verymad:

24 Zaluska<LI>04 Juarez<LI>05 Majstorovic<LI>11 Cha Du-Ri <LI>22 Loovens<LI>08 Brown<LI>16 Ledley<LI>33 Baram Kayal (Forrest 69)<LI>09 Samaras yellow card<LI>10 Fortune<LI>13 Maloney

Hagar the Horrible

Aye, where's your Hugh Keevins now eh?

That nasaly challenged little *** wont say a dickie bird about Celtic, yet that is by far a more foreign side than we ever fielded :verymad:

24 Zaluska<LI>04 Juarez<LI>05 Majstorovic<LI>11 Cha Du-Ri <LI>22 Loovens<LI>08 Brown<LI>16 Ledley<LI>33 Baram Kayal (Forrest 69)<LI>09 Samaras yellow card<LI>10 Fortune<LI>13 Maloney

Only 2 Scots Broonaldo and Baloney :ermm:

Only 2 Scots Broonaldo and Baloney :ermm:

you certainly have to applaud them for trying to single handedly improve Scottish football, well done Lennon & Lawwell

you certainly have to applaud them for trying to single handedly improve Scottish football, well done Lennon & Lawwell

'Tis a fair point. All the players they've (unsuccessfully) tried to sign have been English and Welsh!

i do wonder what that senile old fossil jim mclean will think if any of celtic's foreign legion partake in dubious tactics versus his beloved dundee united. he was extremely quick to slaver that the hearts side of 2005/6 introduced a diving culture into the scottish game... no really, he actually said that in his newspaper column.

wonder if he'll be as quick to slate them if there's a wee bit of cheating taking place. it's just as likely that we'll be blamed again seeing as it's hearts who introduced it in the first place.

you never know though, maybe neil lennon is so principled that he will drum it into his players that no such behaviour will be tolerated. maybe he'll also refrain from instructing his players not to take advantage of scotland's referees. maybe the country's sportwriters will pick up on any dodgy tactics and highlight it at every opportunity, thus creating a very widespead perception of them as cheats.

then again we might just be in for another episode of the scottish football soap opera, repeated ad finitum on dave tv.

Jambof3tornado

Craig Levein may as well give up now. And thats before Celtic and Rangers fill themselves up on EPL loanees who havent made the 25 man squads down south!

mikescotland

So when any other team do this its their fault for everything from failure in Europe to the Scotland team being shite? What a crock of shit.

The Comedian

i do wonder what that senile old fossil jim mclean will think if any of celtic's foreign legion partake in dubious tactics versus his beloved dundee united. he was extremely quick to slaver that the hearts side of 2005/6 introduced a diving culture into the scottish game... no really, he actually said that in his newspaper column.

I remember that well. Apparently we brought diving to the SPL. I genuinely thought he was drunk when he wrote that. Him and his brother are a couple of backward old fuds.

For any hacks reading this, some good words to describe the Tims collection of journeymen are 'cosmopolitan' or 'flamboyant' or maybe 'refreshing' perhaps. Much better than the 'mercenary' or 'faceless cast of thousands' banter levied at Hearts.

:down:

This thread is a bit of a pointless whinge.

Aye,don't let the fact rankers had 6 Scottish players in the starting 11 on saturday,4 of them current internationalists and one a dead cert to be in the next squad change anything.WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE FOR US.

Francis Albert

After the radio commentary on a Hearts-Celtic game a couple of years back when when Hearts were berated and mocked for having eight different nationalities on the pitch when Celtic had nine, nothing surprises me.

Seymour M Hersh

Aye,don't let the fact rankers had 6 Scottish players in the starting 11 on saturday,4 of them current internationalists and one a dead cert to be in the next squad change anything.WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE FOR US.

What's your point rudi? Apart from the fact you seem to love the infirm and rankers in particular.

alwaysthereinspirit

Who's us?

What's your point rudi? Apart from the fact you seem to love the infirm and rankers in particular.

Point is,the OP suggested that both the OF didn't contribute to the national team by playing Johnny foreigner all the time,take our game against St Johnston for example,we had 7 Scottish players but would their still have been 7 had Obua and Buozid been available,fair enough the tic only had 2 but you cannot bring rankers into it when it's obvious they are playing Scottish players.

Seymour M Hersh

Point is,the OP suggested that both the OF didn't contribute to the national team by playing Johnny foreigner all the time,take our game against St Johnston for example,we had 7 Scottish players but would their still have been 7 had Obua and Buozid been available,fair enough the tic only had 2 but you cannot bring rankers into it when it's obvious they are playing Scottish players.

I don't think that is entirely it.

He could be correct saying that sellik and der hun will be applauded by the meeja for their foreign legions where we suffered constant snidey remarks. And if they continue in this vein then it will be potentially to the detriment of the national team.

Archived