Blast From The Past

alex plode

That was hilarious.

Gave the little creep a real sore one.

Think Maybury's best football was with us and those days are well behind him now. He's been pish everywhere else he's been.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Ward did not rule put the possibility of releasing the right-back should he find a new club.

Was he not left back for us?

Ward did not rule put the possibility of releasing the right-back should he find a new club.

Was he not left back for us?

Only so Levein could accommodate his wee pet Robbie Neilson in the side!

heartsfc_fan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/colchester_united/8928283.stm

Will never forget the time he got sent off against Celtic at Tynecastle for a lunge on Lennon and the majority of the stadium stood up and claped him off the pitch.

I actually think it was against Rangers and he went in on Neil McCann and got sent off.

Not 100% sure.

rossthejambo

Only so Levein could accommodate his wee pet Robbie Neilson in the side!

That and we never had a left back at the time...don't let that get in the way of another CLASSIC "Neilson is shite" thread though. :rolleyes:

Found touch mair often than Andy Irvine!

This ! Lost count of the number of times he knocked the ball out trying to play it down the line.

IMO. :D

Regards,

Gordon

He was murder until he scored a brilliant injury time volley against Partick.Turned into a good leftback soon after.Left after a New Year draw against Hibs in which he was not too clever at their goal.

He was murder until he scored a brilliant injury time volley against Partick.Turned into a good leftback soon after.Left after a New Year draw against Hibs in which he was not too clever at their goal.

It was around that time that is performances started to change. From then until around the time he left he was definitely one of our most consistent players and had really turned it around. When he first arrived he was little more than a hot headed, short arse who would continually run the ball out of play.

Should have stayed at Tynecastle but left to join Levein's sinking ship at Leicester.

I bet he'll probably regret that move. His career pretty much finished at that moment.

I always quite liked him.

Prince Buaben

he'll be on his way to the aberdeen SPL retirement home

He has already been to aberdeen:whistling:

heartsfc_fan

Not a bad move for St Johnstone I guess, I always thought Maybury was a decent enough player.

Regal Kingston

I used to call him Alan 'may-day' Maybury (Like Sam Malone in Cheers) because he was a fecking bombscare.

Turned into a solid player at the end of his Tynecastle career but he was a posing, arrogant tosser of a man who used to flaunt outside the Opal Lounge on Dodd Street sucking on a straw like he was Georgie bucking Best!

John Colquhoun - Now there's a great.

I used to call him Alan 'may-day' Maybury (Like Sam Malone in Cheers) because he was a fecking bombscare.

Turned into a solid player at the end of his Tynecastle career but he was a posing, arrogant tosser of a man who used to flaunt outside the Opal Lounge on Dodd Street sucking on a straw like he was Georgie bucking Best!

John Colquhoun - Now there's a great.

I used to talk to him in the david lloyd gym in the spa pool, he would wear his wee Republic of Ireland shorts. I loved his chat so much I told him id get his name on the back of my top. Cheeky wee 'maybury' no 2 on my away errea top which was being sold at half price during winter.

Anyway, great lad who always had time for the fans. If you stopped fantasing from a distance about being the straw and chatted to the lad then you would of made a new friend! :thumbsup:

Regal Kingston

I used to talk to him in the david lloyd gym in the spa pool, he would wear his wee Republic of Ireland shorts. I loved his chat so much I told him id get his name on the back of my top. Cheeky wee 'maybury' no 2 on my away errea top which was being sold at half price during winter.

Anyway, great lad who always had time for the fans. If you stopped fantasing from a distance about being the straw and chatted to the lad then you would of made a new friend! :thumbsup:

Ahhhh touche!

But I think people are different when you talk to them sober in a gym to pi55ed outside a nightclub.

Archived