Weiss To The Huns (Nhc)

Sheiky Baby

Special Agent Dale Cooper

agreed, a very good prospect, hopefully he will turn out to be too lightweight for scottish football. however i do indeed feel he will rip us a new one :verymad:

Say What Again

Sadly, Der Hun have added a couple of decent signings in Weiss and Beattie, to what looked a piss poor squad. :(

rossthejambo

I thought Celtic were saying he was signing for them?

Yet another player turning them down because Scottish football is shite....oh wait :whistling:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8927039.stm

Gutted as he looked a great player in the WC. Going to tear the SPL a new one me thinks!

I remember him at world cup against Italy, looks a quality player. Hope he starts for the huns this sunday against the tramps, he'll tear them a new one!

Sterling Archer

I thought Celtic were saying he was signing for them?

Yet another player turning them down because Scottish football is shite....oh wait :whistling:

Why is it that they constantly want the exact same players, so boring.

I take it this is the immediate fallout from the new 25 player squad rule?

There will be some good players looking for game time between now and Xmas then?

Still cant see how they are financing these deals unless the 'owner' clubs are picking up

most of their wages though.

Say What Again

I take it this is the immediate fallout from the new 25 player squad rule?

I don't think it is, as I'm sure Weiss is under 21. That means he wouldn't count toward the 25 man squad anyway.

I would guess that Man City are paying the majority of the wages. I noticed that Cardiff were unwilling to discuss who was payng Bellamy's wages.

Unfortunatley a good addition for Rangers.

Chris Benoit

I don't think it is, as I'm sure Weiss is under 21. That means he wouldn't count toward the 25 man squad anyway.

you're right he's 20

Bert Le Clos

Why is it that they constantly want the exact same players, so boring.

Because, as demnstrated by Chris Eagles, the number of players willing to play for the OF dwindles every minute.

Fair point

Still unsure about the wages issue though

jamboinglasgow

Walter Smith still missing the important problem with his squad. But it doesn't stop him bizarrely chase another striker (after already having 3 or 4 who can score in the SPL) for a staggering amount of ?4m. As I have said before, Walter Smith is no good at this kind of transfer market. Plus for Weiss read Aaron, a talented spanish player who played really well every time he played at Rangers yet Walter hardly touched him.

Never looked out of place at city, so he'll probably stand out in the SPL. No chance of them getting him permanent though, I'd expect him to be back in the premiership next year.

To think, his Papa was almost one of us :rolleyes:

For the doom and gloom re the OF this season - they will both be stronger than they were 12 months ago in terms of quality.

jamboinglasgow

For the doom and gloom re the OF this season - they will both be stronger than they were 12 months ago in terms of quality.

Not really, Celtic could be but it all depends on Neil Lennon and players adapting to Scottish football. As for Rangers they have gone backwards, yes they may bring in beattie and Weiss but they lost key players in other positions. Injuries will hit them hard and once Walter goes at the end of the season they are in serious trouble.

Not really, Celtic could be but it all depends on Neil Lennon and players adapting to Scottish football. As for Rangers they have gone backwards, yes they may bring in beattie and Weiss but they lost key players in other positions. Injuries will hit them hard and once Walter goes at the end of the season they are in serious trouble.

Honestly cant agree.

Huns have brought in Beattie, Webster, Weiss and Jelavic - better than the players they lost i.e Boyd, Thompson and Wilson. Novo, Beasley etc... will not be missed.

Celtic have made a few decent signings in Ledley, Hooper, Juarez and Majstorovic. They will add to this as well for sure.

We have improved but they both have improved more and it will show come what May (did you like what I did there).

Archived