Hearts Tv

The Comedian

The Comedian

What a frustrating thing. Logged in fine but the videos won't work. All I get is a small box with a x in it at the top left corner.

Any help?

Using IE, Flash 10.1 and Windows XP.

From the volume of posts all relatively similar complaints it would seem reasonable to believe that the problem does not arise from the served but from the server. If this does not improve and get corrected the subscriptions including my own which are at this time not good value will no doubt be cancelled this would certainly be unfortunate for the reputation of Hearts both financially and in a public relations manner.

I may add up to now I have received no reply to the E mail I sent expressing my concerns.

I'm not sure if this is the third or fourth thread ?

There's a gang of us gang of us having issues. We are all experiencing the same (or close) problems.

I'm sure I read on one of those threads that there was a guy in the middle east having no issues. Maybe it's just N. America related?

I realise there are a number of threads, I think I have responded to all of them. I received an Email from Premium, they advised that they had changed my password, and all should be well. Tried highlights same old story. They further suggested going to IE expunging cookies, cancelling IE. It seems my computer which has worked for everything I have ever asked it is at fault for this new site.

I have written a request to cancel my subscription, which has eleven months to run, I have advised I am prepared to pay for what I have used but would expect a refund for the remainder, heres hoping.

I had this problem last year when i had a laptop with Windows XP. I cant say for certain that this is the same problem with your systems but there does seem to be a problem when using some versions of Windows Media Player with Windows XP and trying to listen/watch things on the internet. The X tells you that it cant find the software. I found this especially when i was trying to listen to Hearts TV or Real Radio. It is something to do with Codecs (not being IT literate i dont really understand what it is about but if you go here it explains what you have to do http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/codec.mspx ) In the end i downloaded a programme called reg cure which worked, but you have to pay for that so try what microsoft suggest first.

I have had no problems since i got a laptop with Vista or ones with Windows 7. This is just what i tried. Hope it helps.

There's a gang of us gang of us having issues. We are all experiencing the same (or close) problems.

I'm sure I read on one of those threads that there was a guy in the middle east having no issues. Maybe it's just N. America related?

Correct. Still pee'd off with the 50% price increase for the same number of games as last season though..

I've decided to write them and cancel too. I've done for all the reasons mentioned on here, and the other threads. I got one of the geeks at work ( work for a network company) to work the issue. I'm fine at this end, "It's the UK end that hasn't got it's s**t together" ( his words) so that's good enough for me to cancel.

I've now given up with the service.

I use a Mac at home and have buggered about for months trying to get it to work. It would have been in everyone's interests (saving time....and punters money) if they had indicated on the subscription box/panel that the service wasn't compatible.

Tried with my friends PC....still no service.

I'm glad it's just not me (I'm not. That's an oxymoron) but I've also emailed and have yet to receive a reply.

A price increase is simply unbelievable.

Rant over. Thankfully I'll get a feed for this weekends match.

I've decided to write them and cancel too. I've done for all the reasons mentioned on here, and the other threads. I got one of the geeks at work ( work for a network company) to work the issue. I'm fine at this end, "It's the UK end that hasn't got it's s**t together" ( his words) so that's good enough for me to cancel.

Hope you have better luck than I, the response to my cancellation where I offered to pay for any use I had, and to have a refund for what is remaining, was a brief response stating that my subscription will be cancelled effective July 2011, which is the expiry date anyway.

I have the feeling that it will be an uphill fight to get any money returned, but I guess the correspondence can get nasty if the service remains as poor as of now and no money returned. Why did I change my mind and subscribe in the first place, idiot, idiot, idiot,

I have the feeling that it will be an uphill fight to get any money returned, but I guess the correspondence can get nasty if the service remains as poor as of now and no money returned.

There's a number of us on this forum alone that haven't received the advertised service (and God only knows how many others who don't read or scan this forum) and the problem doesn't lie with us and/or our operating systems.

What's the best way to go about this? Like you, I've not even received a reply, which simply isn't acceptable.

Is it just Hearts that have a problem or are other SPL clubs in the same position?

I'm glad I haven't pushed the button. I've had no internet service for the past 6 days, so in a way, thank god for that or I may have.

I know it's not a Kickback problem but we do air our views here collectively. I feel that the Hearts page on FaceBook might get better attention as they who know it all run that page.

Sad state of affairs when they charge us more for less and then can't provide any of it. :whistling:

Hearts Heritage

I know it's not a Kickback problem but we do air our views here collectively. I feel that the Hearts page on FaceBook might get better attention as they who know it all run that page.

Facebook is a prerefed means of communication with the Club. I'd put your collective complaints on there and You should get a response.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What is more worrying for those of us who have it working is that a drop off in subscriptions makes the service unviable. That's what really irritates me about the club's handling of the issue. There is a demand for the service but technical issues are cropping up and yet it appears they are doing very little about them.

crossgates jambo

Not just a N.America related thing, it's goosed in Crossgates, Fife too.

Add me to the list of people without a reply too.

just as a mater of interest...

i thinik i 'm right in saying this isn't a hearts only service, so it might be worthwhile having a nosy round other football websites like this., i know some people are registered with .net, swallow swallow etc, so perhaps finding out if they are having a similar problem might be worthwhile??

the service is shitty given its actually a paid website essentially, so the more people who complain, the better i reckon

Had a response from them saying that everything was OK and that no one has had any problems and the subscription level was up and we are top of the league and had won the cup this season already.

Well, what do I know. It must be just my computer(s).Surprised they didn't charge me for the reply too :whistling:

I hope we can confine our comments on HeartsTV International to this one thread.

I have emailed perform group twice and get advice/help of a technical nature which I dont understand. I have asked them for a phone number so that I can discuss the problem and hopefully have them walk me through the solution. They wont provide a phone number.

I dont understand why it is a problem with my computer. I had no problems with the game last Saturday, I can watch the other TV items such as the skills and the Aussie comedian and dont understand why I am having problems with the highlights.

If I dont get this settled by end of week I'll be taking the same action as Bob Sharp. If I still dont get satisfaction I shall take my problem to outside sources for assistance in resolution.

While sittin here at Denver airport, allowing my nerves to calm down after the approach and landing, I checked my mail and got the following: "Dear subscriber, we are not aware of any related issues. Check your drivers blah blah...... Membership will expire 7/11...."

Obviously a standard note that goes out to one and all.

I personally think Geoff should pick up our tabs for HeartsTV. He looks like the only one that has it working :)

Well heres Bobby, I wrote yesterday and cancelled, received notification no more money will be withdrawn until July 2011 when subscription expires.

Out of interest tried the site today. Tried to log in but wouldn't take my particulars, however the rest of the site seemed to be available. Now I don't know if this is the c ase until 2011, but I have asked them if I do not have full access do I get a refund, or is their policy not to give refunds, in which case does my cancellation not take effect until 2011.

The term captive audience certainly describes us in this case, we are literally thousands of miles away so all communication is d one electronically, makes it tough. We know that Hearts people visit this forum, can they not see the damage they are doing to their reputation. For a group that are constantly belittled rightly or wrongly can they not see that this is just fodder for the detrac tors to feed on. I am disappointed in the service from the broadcast company, but sadly feel very let down by Hearts FC.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I've had issues with it for the past couple of years. I am now on my 5th username for the site - as this appears to be the only solution - cancel existing and start all over again. That said - i haven't tried to watch the highlights from the weekend yet, the game vs Hamilton will be the first attempt i have had.

Perform group are just plain useless. I have had problems on 4 different laptops - running different systems and on different internet connections but apparently it is something to do with the hardware/software i am using - at least that appears to be their standard answer. I even had 2 laptops running side by side last year, different software, 1 on wireless in the house and 1 on a mobile broadband card - same issues, and same response from perform group.

That said - i did get a response from hearts almost immediately after i commented on it on the Facebook site - telling me to contact customer services....

If it doesn't work this weekend, then it is being cancelled and i'm going to have to look for some other stream somewhere.

My problems haven't only been TV related, the live audio was also giving me issues last year...

I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of anyone seeing a refund Bobby. This is already taking up too much of my time and energy. Is there any other viable alternative to see or listen to Hearts games? I mean, Christ, all I wanted to do is get up o. A sat morning and be part of the experience. Guess it's back to Fox Soccer Channel until I read on here that everything is fine and stable.

I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of anyone seeing a refund Bobby. This is already taking up too much of my time and energy. Is there any other viable alternative to see or listen to Hearts games? I mean, Christ, all I wanted to do is get up o. A sat morning and be part of the experience. Guess it's back to Fox Soccer Channel until I read on here that everything is fine and stable.

This thread makes for some bad reading and I hope that someone at the club reads it.

I again emailed the club last night to enquire why I hadn't received a reply to my earlier email, informing them that simply ignoring the fact that there is a problem will not resolve the issues. I also made them aware that I was not alone and a number of other users were experiencing difficulties similar to myself.

I've asked for a full refund, and if I can get them to admit (at least in part) that there is a problem with the service, I/we are surely well within our rights as a consumers to demand one until the situation is rectified. Thankfully, I also paid by Visa, and if no reply is forthcoming within the next 48 hours, I'll contact them and get them to refund me.

I am not going to be fobbed-off with the "our service is working fine" reply. It quite clearly isn't.

Hamilton game is on at 6am this Saturday - I can't wait to stare at a blank screen for twenty minutes, then sit and look at a frozen picture for the remainder of the game...

They need to (at minimum):

• Start the feed earlier to allow for the fannying about
  • Have responsive customer service staff on hand during the broadcast
  • Have some sort of user guide which suggests ways the paying customer can maximise their experience of the product

The Comedian

Hamilton game is on at 6am this Saturday - I can't wait to stare at a blank screen for twenty minutes, then sit and look at a frozen picture for the remainder of the game...

They need to (at minimum):

• Start the feed earlier to allow for the fannying about
  • Have responsive customer service staff on hand during the broadcast
  • Have some sort of user guide which suggests ways the paying customer can maximise their experience of the product

Simply knowing if your PC can work it would be fine. However that would seriously reduce subscription's so that' a huge no ther.

I am not going to be fobbed-off with the "our service is working fine" reply. It quite clearly isn't.

Bizarrely, their response to an email I sent last week during the game (about a message suggested my "free access" had expired or similar) was that they were "unable to provide coverage of today's Hearts vs St Johnston (sic) game"?!?

Simply knowing if your PC can work it would be fine. However that would seriously reduce subscription's so that' a huge no ther.

Indeed, if there was some sort of test site to establish if my two-month old Intel i3, 4gb Sony Vaio and 20 Mbps broadband service was unable to deal with the feed, then fair enough...it would save me not only money, but a lot of time and frustrating effort. :verymad:

What time zone you in Peebo? I hope your in PST, otherwise I can't see myself getting up at 0400 that's for sure. Not if I know I'll see zip, get hacked off, email again, and get nowhere.

Well got the expected reply to my cancellation and refund request. Basically say that my cancellation has been accepted effective 29 July 2011, when my subscription expires. Until that time I will have full access to the site.

Much what I expected so I guess I will be up at 3.00am Saturday, for a 4.00am start, no doubt my actions will have caused some screw up and I will not get a picture, so basically I am stuck with it, I can only hope all the complaints are noticed and improvement happens.

Thats my wife just asking what I am going to do with the rope,pills and open razor, :D

Is anyone still in touch with Barry (also known as Lux) who ran the internetfootball site a few years ago? If anyone can get involved and sort it out he can.

EDIT: just remembered he used to log in here under the name internetfootball. Any chance the mods could send an email to the address he gave when joining and ask him to contact me about a business proposition? :whistling:

What time zone you in Peebo? I hope your in PST, otherwise I can't see myself getting up at 0400 that's for sure. Not if I know I'll see zip, get hacked off, email again, and get nowhere.

Central.

I'm afraid that I'm another that hasn't received the service that's advertised.

There's probably hundreds of us in the same predicament. Hope someone can raise the issue with the club. My email has yet to be answered, which isn't really acceptable.

The club must know there is a problem. The provider must know that there is a problem. We subscribers know that there is a problem. Why duck the issue? Is refunding the subscription with an apology really that big an issue?

Could someone with XP please try installing this codec pack.....

http://www.free-codecs.com/XP_Codec_Pack_download.htm

I use this site regularly, so it can't do any harm to try this.

Anyone with Vista or Win 7 should install this one

http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm

DO NOT CLICK ON THE AD AT THE TOP TO DOWNLOAD AVS VIDEO CONVERTER. Click on the Purple writing in the middle of the page.

Tell us if it works.

Success at last. I am now able to view the highlights and I did not have to make any adjustments to my computer. It took several emails to perform group with responses much too technical for me but eventually I must have convinced them the problem was at their end. I copied these emails to Lawrence to whom I am grateful for his influence in resolution.

How many of us are on Pacific time and what can be done to avoid getting up for 4am?

Success at last. I am now able to view the highlights and I did not have to make any adjustments to my computer. It took several emails to perform group with responses much too technical for me but eventually I must have convinced them the problem was at their end. I copied these emails to Lawrence to whom I am grateful for his influence in resolution.

How many of us are on Pacific time and what can be done to avoid getting up for 4am?

As a result of this post went to the site, tapped in highlights and there they were clear as a bell. I should be happy about it, but it certainly has taken a load of crap to get it sorted. I have the service for a year, but will monitor carefully throughout the season to decide for the future.

The Comedian

Could someone with XP please try installing this codec pack.....

http://www.free-codecs.com/XP_Codec_Pack_download.htm

Just downloaded this.

When trying to login to Hearts.tv I get this when entering my details.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the promo code you have inserted. Therefore we are currently unable to provide you with free access to Hearts.TV - please contact [email protected] for further assistance.

:unsure:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but im pee'd off with Hearts.TV, and not because it's not working. Earlier I was watching the Hamilton pre-match news conference and Hearts.TV has cut the conference short. JJ was halfway through saying something and it ends :verymad:

I purchase Hearts.TV to get full coverage of Interviews and Press Conferences etc, but what I watched earlier I could see for nowt on the BBC.

alwaysthereinspirit

Just woke up and still they're telling me I need to purchase it to watch it. What the **** did I purchase then for 59.99 a year. Very disapointed. I can still listen through my old HW account though. Why?

Up at 6am also. Worked fine (although "HD" my erse...") until 2-0. Now it's started freezing everyone ten seconds or so.

Thundercats Are Go

If its showing an x then it cant find some software, make sure you all have the most up to date version of flash etc and download the latest codecs. (sorry if already covered, im not a subscriber but just wanted to post what i think may be wrong)

Failing the above, have you tried different browsers?

If its showing an x then it cant find some software, make sure you all have the most up to date version of flash etc and download the latest codecs. (sorry if already covered, im not a subscriber but just wanted to post what i think may be wrong)

Failing the above, have you tried different browsers?

Personally, I have tried all this. Today, the feed was fine until about 30 mins into the game. Then it started freezing up, and didn't recover.

Thundercats Are Go

Personally, I have tried all this. Today, the feed was fine until about 30 mins into the game. Then it started freezing up, and didn't recover.

If its freezing up then i think it has to be a problem at their end, i assume your not mucking about with settings once its started so must be at their end. No real help i know but good luck with getting a response, poor show letting you guys down like that.

If its freezing up then i think it has to be a problem at their end, i assume your not mucking about with settings once its started so must be at their end. No real help i know but good luck with getting a response, poor show letting you guys down like that.

No, I changed nothing during the game.

I emailed customer services (as instructed) over 2 hours ago, and have heard nothing back.

If it's a problem at my end (which I doubt), then fair enough, but I really have no way of knowing.

Progress from last week, I suppose - at least I didn't get the message this week about my "free access" having expired...

Watched the whole game this morning ...no problems at all.

Great picture.

I am 16 miles North of Boston MA.

I am using Firefox

WindowsXP

Let me know if I can help.

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I'm working in Asia and I'm getting the same problems - no sound or visual again.

Everything came on for me, but again the picture was a bit fuzzy and jumpy. I see on the screen every time I start up a download a flash update. I am a bit nervous of doing this when I do have a picture, if I go to Adobe Flash now and download will that help picture quality.

grumpyespana

I had problems with the old hearts world today no sound yet last week everything was okay, looks like I will cancel this and also forget about hearts international and listen to open all mikes.

Grumpy.

Archived