Inverness Next Month

Gaunty31

Just been looking at train times & prices for the ridiculously early start next month and the cheapest I can find is something like ?70-?80 quid return. Surely this can't be the best price??

Has anyone else managed to find cheaper tickets or is it best turning up on the day to get tickets?

Thanks in advance!!

Just been looking at train times & prices for the ridiculously early start next month and the cheapest I can find is something like ?70-?80 quid return. Surely this can't be the best price??

Has anyone else managed to find cheaper tickets or is it best turning up on the day to get tickets?

Thanks in advance!!

My mate got 8 Return Tickets for ?10 each...I think he bought blocks of 4 for ?40.

it's an early KO and the only train that will get you there is the 06.30(ish). price is probably about right unfortunately. might be better to book now as it's the only one and everybody going on saturday morning will have to be on it.

Thanks in advance!!

Edinburgh to Inverness leaving at 06.33 gets in at 10.29

Inverness to Edinburgh leaving at 16.53 or 18.43 gets in at 20.29 or 22.19

?45.80 return

:)

scottish_chicP

I was looking forward to an Inverness trip but due to time of KO and train prices I think I will be missing this one!

Destruction Derby

its the september weekend hence why prices are probably dearer than normal

Friday to Sunday is what it's all about :thumbsup: . Best away day of the season IMO. It's the 1 I look out for most.

it's an early KO and the only train that will get you there is the 06.30(ish). price is probably about right unfortunately. might be better to book now as it's the only one and everybody going on saturday morning will have to be on it.

Nonsense, its as poster #2 says - 4 return tickets purchased in advance for ?40, tenner a head!

The trains at 6:40am I think, Robbos Loyal will be on it!

Hotel will be getting boooked shortly as well - past favourites include the Premier Travel Inn (both Central & East), the Wetherspoons &, best of all, The Beaufort!

Nonsense, its as poster #2 says - 4 return tickets purchased in advance for ?40, tenner a head!

Hotel will be getting boooked shortly as well - past favourites include the Premier Travel Inn (both Central & East), the Wetherspoons &, best of all, The Beaufort!

that's an incredibly good price right enough.

Midloth_Iain

That settles it, I'm taking the car :whistling:

right i`m getting confused now. there has been a lot of chat about robbos loyal recently and i was under the impression it was a supporters bus. you said robbos loyal are getting the train so obviously it`s not a bus.

i got the whole sash bash stuff but is it like a sort of gang or something?

right i`m getting confused now. there has been a lot of chat about robbos loyal recently and i was under the impression it was a supporters bus. you said robbos loyal are getting the train so obviously it`s not a bus.

i got the whole sash bash stuff but is it like a sort of gang or something?

No, let me explain - Robbos Loyal always travel to Inverness by train, in order to stay over for the weekend. Robbos Loyal treat Inverness like a European trip, as its such a trek.

To all other away games - with the obvious exception of Easter Road - Robbos Loyal run a bus!

No, let me explain - Robbos Loyal always travel to Inverness by train, in order to stay over for the weekend. Robbos Loyal treat Inverness like a European trip, as its such a trek.

To all other away games - with the obvious exception of Easter Road - Robbos Loyal run a bus!

so it is a supporters bus. fair enough.

We got a link to this page where it's a 10er each cause that's a good deal!!

rossthejambo

Edinburgh to Inverness leaving at 06.33 gets in at 10.29

Inverness to Edinburgh leaving at 16.53 or 18.43 gets in at 20.29 or 22.19

?45.80 return

:)

Just had a wee look and that seems like the cheapest option.

Chances are the cheapest tickets will have been sold out already as there are only a limited number of cheap tickets per service.

We got a link to this page where it's a 10er each cause that's a good deal!!

Its raileasy.co.uk mate!

Just punch in the details, select 4 adults sorted

Midloth_Iain

Its raileasy.co.uk mate!

Just punch in the details, select 4 adults sorted

?46 each approx .

You must have got an early 'special' deal

?46 each approx .

You must have got an early 'special' deal

Have not booked & seems our normal deal is no longer available - ragin!

How do u get that?

Not really sure, got a call from my mate saying it was booked and I'm due ?90. Probably staying in a complete dive but looking forward to the full weekend.

Not really sure, got a call from my mate saying it was booked and I'm due ?90. Probably staying in a complete dive but looking forward to the full weekend.

I'd keep it to yourself anyway mate. You dont want that mob in the same town as you, far less the same hotel and the same train.

Destruction Derby

Robbos loyal will sash up whichever train they are on :lol:

I'm sure we will hear them by their noise !! :whistling:

Can't wait for this trip. It will be bouncing as always.

Smoked-Glass

Just shows you that the powers that be will do nothing to please football fans. Stupid early kick offs, sunday games, monday games.

The fans are last in the list of what is deemed important.

Having said all that I will watch it on tv but obviously it's on but, I would be happy if it wasn't on at all so that everyone could get a 3pm game.

Booked cheap as chips saturday morning and return sunday morning 24 quid done ages ago though

I am up for a bit of a dolly dash sign along lol

if people are struggling with the train prices, although its a different trip the megabus may offer people a better price for traveling to inverness , just google megabus for the details , but like anything else the earlier you book the cheaper it is.(ps you sometimes have to change at perth)

crossgates jambo

if people are struggling with the train prices, although its a different trip the megabus may offer people a better price for traveling to inverness , just google megabus for the details , but like anything else the earlier you book the cheaper it is.(ps you sometimes have to change at perth)

Me and some mates will probably try to run a bus from Inverkeithing rail station if we can get enough interest. Wanting to start running a regular bus to away games.

Im with TOLLCROSS HEARTS supporters club,we have a bus leaving the doocot at 08.15,rainbow 0830,non members have to pay 10 or

11 QUID.after the match we will be heading into colloden for a drink or two then coming home.

Lot cheaper than getting train. :)

I'd keep it to yourself anyway mate. You dont want that mob in the same town as you, far less the same hotel and the same train.

Whys that then?

Ive found the deal he has got anyway, its ?88 to be exact, wasnt hard!

Not booked yet though, want as many of the Loyal as possible to all book the same thing!

Bus doesnt arrive in Inverness until 12:10, if the game was at half past it would be no problem, God knows why its at 12!

Im with TOLLCROSS HEARTS supporters club,we have a bus leaving the doocot at 08.15,rainbow 0830,non members have to pay 10 or

11 QUID.after the match we will be heading into colloden for a drink or two then coming home.

Lot cheaper than getting train. :)

RR is there still spaces on that bus, stay in East Craigs so it's a 10min walk to the rainbow which would be very handy! Cheers

Jeso, such a fuss. I live up here (Inverness) and travel down every other week (Season Ticket). Megabus is just as quick as train and cheap (last Sat cost ?15 RETURN)

Trains are pot luck for price but book early.

Jeso, such a fuss. I live up here (Inverness) and travel down every other week (Season Ticket). Megabus is just as quick as train and cheap (last Sat cost ?15 RETURN)

Trains are pot luck for price but book early.

As I already said bus doesnt arrive until during the game!

loveofthegame

Booked up for the Saturday night! Cant wait, love Inverness away!

"He's got a walking stick but he dances on the stage...."

Booked up for the Saturday night! Cant wait, love Inverness away!

"He's got a walking stick but he dances on the stage...."

DIRTY FRAUDULENT B*STARD!

He claims benefits but he danced on the stage...

the windae cleaner

no problems for me its half an hour up the road :thumbsup:

delighted caley got promoted .... :turned:

is it a ticket game ????

RR is there still spaces on that bus, stay in East Craigs so it's a 10min walk to the rainbow which would be very handy! Cheers

Have left u a PM with the details :thumbsup:

Booked up, ?95 up on Friday back Sunday.

Result

That's a bit steep mate! Must be staying somewhere lush! :thumbsup:

Ray Winstone

For those who are hitting the town in Inverness after the game etc - remember there is a 12am curfew in force.

Once you are in somewhere past 12am you have to stay there as you won't get in anywhere else.

Archived