Toto Latest

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Hearts are currently conducting background checks on Toto to eliminate any possibility of him being registered with another club. Club officials want to determine that the 20-year-old is definitely a free agent before a contract offer is considered.

"We're still waiting on paperwork before we decide to do anything with him," said Jefferies. "We need to make sure he isn't committed to anybody else so we're doing background checks. He is on trial but there's no point making decisions until his agent has supplied us with the relevant paperwork. There's no deadline on his trial period so we'll see how he goes

Francis Albert

Imagine the reaction on here if (as demanded) we had "just got him fecking signed" only to find he wasn't a free agent!

Is today's modern day footballer that stupid they have no idea who they are contracted to play for, or what even the most basic terms of there contract are?

Francis Albert

Is today's modern day footballer that stupid they have no idea who they are contracted to play for, or what even the most basic terms of there contract are?

I think that's a yes.

Snake Plissken

How strange.

Hey Toto!

Yeah Teenwolf?

Are you getting paid by a club just now?

No Teenwolf!

Then you're not contracted to someone, right?

I don't think so Teenwolf.

Okay then. If you can score against Penicuik that's good enough for me.

good news was wondering what was happening with the lad

JJ obviously rates him so hopefully the paperwork is fine and we can get him signed asap

and while the club is waiting for the agent to come up with the required paperwork i don't suppose the agent will be touting him around other clubs or anything.

I think that's a yes.

Maybe it's a bit of journalistic licence but it does read as if Hearts want to make very, very, sure of what they are signing up to.

HMFC - Who did you last play for son?

Toto - Metz but I'm now a free agent

HMFC - That's great, we'll just get on the blower to Metz and the FFF to request a copy of your release papers.

Is that too simplistic?

Might be a strange one here though. I think his situ was he was at Metz but his father died so he headed back to Cameroon for a year to be with his family and didn't play at all. So maybe he didn't quite know what that meant contractually and probably had his heid up his jacksie at that time. This is him trying to kickstart his career.

His agent should most definitely be clear on the situation before he starts sending him on trials though.

Francis Albert

Maybe it's a bit of journalistic licence but it does read as if Hearts want to make very, very, sure of what they are signing up to.

HMFC - Who did you last play for son?

Toto - Metz but I'm now a free agent

HMFC - That's great, we'll just get on the blower to Metz and the FFF to request a copy of your release papers.

Is that too simplistic?

My response was tongue in cheek - although Nade did seem confused!

winston churchill

that's a new one on me.

the toto has been here for a month and we are now checking to see if he is a free agent.

maybe we think he's a chancer like wee larry who had a dodgy birth certificate :whistling:

Might be a strange one here though. I think his situ was he was at Metz but his father died so he headed back to Cameroon for a year to be with his family and didn't play at all. So maybe he didn't quite know what that meant contractually and probably had his heid up his jacksie at that time. This is him trying to kickstart his career.

His agent should most definitely be clear on the situation before he starts sending him on trials though.

Cheers,

That's just made me feel all bad and callous now.

Just read the article re the game tonight - good chance for our suspended players to stay sharp too and the likes of Mulrooney and McGowan to stay fresh. Hopefully we have a lot of these games with there being no reserve league

Francis Albert

that's a new one on me.

the toto has been here for a month and we are now checking to see if he is a free agent.maybe we think he's a chancer like wee larry who had a dodgy birth certificate :whistling:

Or rather waiting for documented confirmation that he is. Seems reasonable?

Mind you, I'm not intelligent enough to no (sorry know) my theres, from my they'res or even my theirs.

this, its obviously not a simple thing of him being released by metz, they may try to get a devoplment fee for him. Better to be safe than sorry i think

...a bit disco

Lets face it.

Agents...

Overall, not the most 'honest' profession out there.

Lets face it.

Agents...

Overall, not the most 'honest' profession out there.

Glad we're doing this...

Any one who thinks this is stupid should think back to all the monumental ****** up our admin have made over the last few years.

wheatfield to sheffield

Of course, Toto's not the only player who has scored six goals in three pre-season reserve friendlies ...

As Saturday's programme told us,

Penicuik Athletic 1 Hearts X1 3

"took the lead on 42 minutes through David Witteveen"

Dunbar Utd 1 Hearts X1 4

"David Witteveen scoring the other with a close range effort"

Burntisland Shipyard 0 Hearts XI 9

"David Witteveen grabbed four goals"

Hope that hasn't spoiled anyone's lunch

...a bit disco

Obviously just took Witteveen time to acclimatise(?) himself to the Scottish game!

Johanes de Silentio

Of course, Toto's not the only player who has scored six goals in three pre-season reserve friendlies ...

As Saturday's programme told us,

Penicuik Athletic 1 Hearts X1 3

"took the lead on 42 minutes through David Witteveen"

Dunbar Utd 1 Hearts X1 4

"David Witteveen scoring the other with a close range effort"

Burntisland Shipyard 0 Hearts XI 9

"David Witteveen grabbed four goals"

Hope that hasn't spoiled anyone's lunch

There's a difference: JJ has looked at both players close up - he seems to have told Dave that he's not in his plans, while, he seems to think that Toto has ability.

The move to check out Toto's background is a sensible one - there is a chance that Metz may still have a claim on his services - better to check.

Marmeladent?rtchen

There's a difference: JJ has looked at both players close up - he seems to have told Dave that he's not in his plans, while, he seems to think that Toto has ability.

The move to check out Toto's background is a sensible one - there is a chance that Metz may still have a claim on his services - better to check.

Also Toto is coming in as one for the future. Where Witteveen was brought with first team expectation.

I think it's great that Hearts are doing a background check. It shows they are on top of this. It's better to do that than just sign the guy, then find out later that he's registered with another club.

Jambof3tornado

So the club dont tell us whats going on with signings we moan and when they do tell us we moan as well!

Sounds routine boring stuff to me and hardly worth losing sleep over.

Hearts are currently conducting background checks on Toto to eliminate any possibility of him being registered with another club. Club officials want to determine that the 20-year-old is definitely a free agent before a contract offer is considered.

"We're still waiting on paperwork before we decide to do anything with him," said Jefferies. "We need to make sure he isn't committed to anybody else so we're doing background checks. He is on trial but there's no point making decisions until his agent has supplied us with the relevant paperwork. There's no deadline on his trial period so we'll see how he goes

Why would we want to sign Dorothy's dug ?

Seymour M Hersh

That's what I heard on Saturday after the game CJ. good to see the club doing its due diligence.

That's what I heard on Saturday after the game CJ. good to see the club doing its due diligence.

The Daily Record will be gutted.

this, its obviously not a simple thing of him being released by metz, they may try to get a devoplment fee for him. Better to be safe than sorry i think

If, as has been claimed, Toto came through the Metz Academy then they may well be entitled to a development fee, free agent or not. However this could be further complicated due to Toto's spell playing in Italy.

Good to do the background check. Not that there is a hurry to sign. It's not as if an agent hasn't told the odd porky or two.

Archived