MacDowell

Kaymer

Poulter

Fisher

F.Molinari

Jiminez

Casey

Great looking team.

Monty is going to have the toughest choice that i can remember of who to pick as his 3 wild cards, i think Sergio is out after announcing a 2 month break after the USPGA he is not playing again until 21st October, and given Casey,Donald,Rose and Harrington are not playing at Gleneagles (the last ranking event) they are relying on wild cards aswell!!

Edoardo Molinari has to make the team imo, as for the other 2..............

I can't see Monty NOT picking Harrington. He is definitely getting a pick, and so will E.Molinari to team up with his brother.

Would love his last pick to be Darren Clarke, but obviously he's a vice captain. What about Bernhard Langer? Has won 4 times on the senior tour including two majors. Assuming Casey drops out of the list, then It will prob be between Donald/Casey/Rose for the last place. I'd go with Rose out of those 3 and pair him with Poulter.

Walter Bishop

I can't see Monty NOT picking Harrington. He is definitely getting a pick, and so will E.Molinari to team up with his brother.

Would love his last pick to be Darren Clarke, but obviously he's a vice captain. What about Bernhard Langer? Has won 4 times on the senior tour including two majors. Assuming Casey drops out of the list, then It will prob be between Donald/Casey/Rose for the last place. I'd go with Rose out of those 3 and pair him with Poulter.

I can see Monty being the type of guy to pick Langer, watch this space....

alwaysthereinspirit

Westwood

Mcilroy

MacDowell

Kaymer

Poulter

Fisher

F.Molinari

Jiminez

Casey

Great looking team.

Monty is going to have the toughest choice that i can remember of who to pick as his 3 wild cards, i think Sergio is out after announcing a 2 month break after the USPGA he is not playing again until 21st October, and given Casey,Donald,Rose and Harrington are not playing at Gleneagles (the last ranking event) they are relying on wild cards aswell!!

Edoardo Molinari has to make the team imo, as for the other 2..............

Not a bad looking team without the three captains picks still to be added. Ryder cup is one of my favorite sporting events.

I P Knightley

Casey is such a strong matchplayer, it would be a difficult decision to leave him out (if it comes down to it.)

Good as all these players are, I'd want to pick 3 that have matchplay pedigree.

Monty has pretty much stated that he won't pick Rose due to his refusal to play in Europe. I think it will be Harrington, Molinari and Casey. Got the whole weekend off, finish work on the Thursday and not back until the Tuesday, I reckon copious amounts of drink will be taken. :rolleyes:

Archived