A Bit Discipline And Thought

Debut 4

When Kyle is playing. As soon as he was on we lost the impetus to persevere going further down the wings and immediately resorted to long balls into him.

Not good enough. The players really need to take a bit responsibility and use the nut and keep giving us a bit variety.

It`s a good option now and again to knock a ball into Kyle from deep but a knock on is always 50/50. We needed to keep working on the deck in and around the box and supply the forwards with something decent to feed on but we knocked far too many balls in far too early, it became predictable.

It`s a weakness really and some of the players really need to waken up and show a bit presence and not revert to the easy way out by lumping it on. Previous to that i thought we were doing ok and knocking it about well.

Arthur Morgan

Yep I agree.

I hope we don't resort to the long ball game all the time when Kyle plays as it's horrible to watch.

Malinga the Swinga

At least with Kyle, he lets the other player know exactly where they are going wrong, and what he expects. Look forward to seeing Driver provide some decent quality crosses for him in future matches.

I worry we will resort to long ball tactics as well. To be fair I think we had ran out if ideas before Kyle came on and s Elliott was inches away from converting kyles header near the end.

I am hoping it will be a different story when Kyle is played from the start with our wide players trying to hit the byline and cross the ball to him from there

At least with Kyle, he lets the other player know exactly where they are going wrong, and what he expects. Look forward to seeing Driver provide some decent quality crosses for him in future matches.

Indeed. The best part of the day was seeing Kyle giving soemone pelters(can`t remember who) for a single fish pass forward.

About time we had players demanding better from each other.

Jam Tarts 1874

When Kyle is playing. As soon as he was on we lost the impetus to persevere going further down the wings and immediately resorted to long balls into him.

Not good enough. The players really need to take a bit responsibility and use the nut and keep giving us a bit variety.

It`s a good option now and again to knock a ball into Kyle from deep but a knock on is always 50/50. We needed to keep working on the deck in and around the box and supply the forwards with something decent to feed on but we knocked far too many balls in far too early, it became predictable.

It`s a weakness really and some of the players really need to waken up and show a bit presence and not revert to the easy way out by lumping it on. Previous to that i thought we were doing ok and knocking it about well.

Very true, but we don't have the facility to create anything through the midfield right now. As I said on another thread, JJ & BB need to work on how best to link up with Kyle and Elliott.

Very true, but we don't have the facility to create anything through the midfield right now. As I said on another thread, JJ & BB need to work on how best to link up with Kyle and Elliott.

well, i agree but we have the firepower and i don`t necessarily think its down to lack of personel alone. I really think part of it comes down to the perseverence of the players. Keeping a shape and working hard for each other.

Suddenly the quick play stopped, players running off the ball and the guy in possession always looking to knock it long.

Don`t get me wrong, i agree we need another decent mid in there along with Stevenson as a threat, but i really think the people in possession of the jersey need to think more....but then again..maybe they just aren`t good enough or got the capacity to improve?

we were playing the long/high balls long before KK came on :verymad:

you get a a long meaningful ball or a needless one. I thought we mixed our game up better for the first hour.

I agree completely with Debut4 sentimets.

The one time we got it down the wings, Kyle knocked it back and Duberry, I think cleared from Elliott.

Strange thing is, I bet many posters come on here saying the same, but the majority of the crowd were willing for the lump forward when there was no need for the panic stations.

Archived