Toto In The Squad Tomorrow?

Mr Elwood P

A few folk on here reackon Toto has already been signed on the sly by hearts so if so when will tomorrows squad be announced so we know?

A few folk on here reackon Toto has already been signed on the sly by hearts so if so when will tomorrows squad be announced so we know?

Note sure about that but the good news is that St Johnstone have some defensive injury worries ahead to tomorrow's game according to their website.

It would have been nice if Derek McInnes was able to go into his first team selection of the campaign without injury concerns but unfortunately that is not the case and it his defensive unit which is causing him concern. Dave Mackay is struggling to shake off the effects of the back injury picked up in Northern Ireland ? a knock which has kept him out of all thee home friendly matches and in addition, Michael Duberry picked up a groin injury against Real Valladolid and Kevin Rutkiewicz a calf knock in the same game and both are on the treatment table. It will be tomorrow before the manager knows if they can be involved.

Could feature as a trialist, technically? Not sure about that, though!

SFL yes. SPL no.

Sorry, but he is no where near ready for bench, yet.

Captain Lithuania

Note sure about that but the good news is that St Johnstone have some defensive injury worries ahead to tomorrow's game according to their website.

It would have been nice if Derek McInnes was able to go into his first team selection of the campaign without injury concerns but unfortunately that is not the case and it his defensive unit which is causing him concern. Dave Mackay is struggling to shake off the effects of the back injury picked up in Northern Ireland ? a knock which has kept him out of all thee home friendly matches and in addition, Michael Duberry picked up a groin injury against Real Valladolid and Kevin Rutkiewicz a calf knock in the same game and both are on the treatment table. It will be tomorrow before the manager knows if they can be involved.

Good news if they're not involved. Will be good for the attackers, and if they get some goals the confidence will be good going into the next match.

SFL yes. SPL no.

Didn't stop us fielding Mole or Witteveen...

The Old Tolbooth

SFL yes. SPL no.

Out of interest Tas, how do you know? Most people on here last week stated that he looked the part when he came on and very assured, that to me suggests that he's already light years ahead of Clum, Pittenweem, Mole, and Glen.

I didn't see the game last week however so I'm going by everyone else's comments....

Behave, even if we've signed him, JJ would NOT include him in the squad for an SPL game. If the lad's lucky he'll be in the squad for the U19's.

:rolleyes:

Out of interest Tas, how do you know? Most people on here last week stated that he looked the part when he came on and very assured, that to me suggests that he's already light years ahead of Clum, Pittenweem, Mole, and Glen.

I didn't see the game last week however so I'm going by everyone else's comments....

He did more good things in 18 minutes than Elliot did in 72. Thats the only solid thing that can be said about the laddie. He looked good but signing him and putting him right on the bench for the first game of the season isnt very realistic IMO. I'd be happier to see him on the bench than any you have mentioned but JJ simply wont do that. We re not at a stage where we have to throw people in so lets not.

I think we'll sign him and I think he'll go straight out on loan. and I think whoever he goes out on loan to. after a month will think all their Christmas's have come at once. Thats not a balanced considered opinion based on a whole 18 minutes. Its just a gut feeling.

The Old Tolbooth

He did more good things in 18 minutes than Elliot did in 72. Thats the only solid thing that can be said about the laddie. He looked good but signing him and putting him right on the bench for the first game of the season isnt very realistic IMO. I'd be happier to see him on the bench than any you have mentioned but JJ simply wont do that. We re not at a stage where we have to throw people in so lets not.

I think we'll sign him and I think he'll go straight out on loan. and I think whoever he goes out on loan to. after a month will think all their Christmas's have come at once. Thats not a balanced considered opinion based on a whole 18 minutes. Its just a gut feeling.

To be honest I'd be really annoyed if we signed him and then sent him out on loan, when he's obviously going to be our third best striker (maybe 2nd as I'm not convinced by S Elliot yet), I'd much rather we sent the rest of the dross out on loan.....permanently.

I like the way the Dutch do it, age doesn't matter with those guys and if your good enough then your old enough, which is exactly the way I think JJ should be looking at it too imo.

<BR>He did more good things in 18 minutes than Elliot did in 72. Thats the only solid thing that can be said about the laddie. He looked good but signing him and putting him right on the bench for the first game of the season isnt very realistic IMO. I'd be happier to see him on the bench than any you have mentioned but JJ simply wont do that. We re not at a stage where we have to throw people in so lets not.<BR><BR>I think we'll sign him and I think he'll go straight out on loan. and I think whoever he goes out on loan to. after a month will think all their Christmas's have come at once. Thats not a balanced considered opinion based on a whole 18 minutes. Its just a gut feeling.<BR>
<BR>I agree I looked very sharp for those 18mins he came on could be a very good signing. I trust jj he always gets the best out of young players I believe he could have found a wee gem fingers crossed<BR><BR>

Can't think of any reason why Hearts would sign the lad then keep it quiet.

Behave, even if we've signed him, JJ would NOT include him in the squad for an SPL game. If the lad's lucky he'll be in the squad for the U19's.

He's 20:whistling:

To be honest I'd be really annoyed if we signed him and then sent him out on loan, when he's obviously going to be our third best striker (maybe 2nd as I'm not convinced by S Elliot yet), I'd much rather we sent the rest of the dross out on loan.....permanently.

I like the way the Dutch do it, age doesn't matter with those guys and if your good enough then your old enough, which is exactly the way I think JJ should be looking at it too imo.

Feck me I'd rather keep him as well, but thats only based on 18 minutes.

Go back to what Jambo Robbo said in the other thread. We already know that Elliot, Witteveen and Mole arent good enough for the SPL. Most of us arent yet sure about Glen (I've decided he isnt but others perhaps rightly want him to get a bit more time) We dont need to see them anymore. I'd keep Glen for the sake of filling the bench and having 11 on the park if we need to take someone off who's knackered, but honestly if I dont see Callum Elliot ever again it'll be too soon.

I'll tear my fecking hair out if he starts tomorrow by the way.

LIGHT YEARS!!! If so, he'd be on trial at a bigger club than Hearts. Goal scoring strikers are hard to find, I am sure there is a reason Toto is on trial with Hearts and not at a lower league team in France, Belgium, etc. Time will tell.

Most people (without actually seeing him) were so hyped up (mainly by posts on here) after his games against non-league opposition that they were willing to believe that Toto was the answer. I prefer to follow what JJ said that Toto was raw talent but not the finished article. He needs games at U19 or 'friendly' level to get familiar with the game in Scotland. I am sure JJ knows when he will be ready for the 1st team squad better than those on JKB.

For the record, from what I saw against Blackburn I will say the following: he already shows more promise than Clum, Pittenweem, Mole, and Glen.

He's 20:whistling:

If Toto's from Cameroon, he could be 33. whistling.gif

milla.jpg

One flew over

For the record, from what I saw against Blackburn I will say the following: he already shows more promise than Clum, Pittenweem, Mole, and Glen.

I am approaching 40, unfit and carrying an extra pound or 2 and show more promise that that lot!

SFL yes. SPL no.

Ordinarily I'd agree. Ordinarily I'd say it was unfair on the lad to put that pressure on him. However, I'd like to see what strikers we have fit before making that choice. If Kyle and Elliott are deemed unfit then our options up front reduce to Elliot.....maybe Glen, maybe Obua but fitness is an issue as both players have been injured. In the worst case, he'd get on the bench if it were up to me.

Rudi's Left Peg

a couple of the guys from my work went to mini-friendly games, penicuik etc, and said the boy has unreal pace. over 6ft, good touch and is like hot steaming poo off a shovel? Absolutely no reason NOT to put him on the bench. Fair enough he's yet to be tested but why should a guy we bought from an Austrian amatuer team get thrown into the first team immediately and not stick this guy on the bench?

Not to get everyones hopes up....but all the chat eminating about this kid is that he's awesome.

I don't get this whole "he has to go in the reserves" thing, it's not like he's 16, he's 20 years old when young players who are good enough have usually already broken into the first team at their clubs. The fact is, we don't have enough strength in depth up front. Kyle and S Elliott will be up to standard (we hope) but after that we dont have any one.

He may not have played alot of professional football but from what I've heard he has good pace and movement. So failing us buying another striker I think he should be part of the first team, perhaps coming of the bench in a couple of away games at first.

Archived