Bernard Hunter Dies

Jam Tarts 1874

I never knew he was such a big Jambo and so heavily involved with the club?

He had some seats in the executive suite. My dad knew him through his work and Bernard used to invite him to some games in the early/mid 90s. I was able to tag along a few times too and he seemed like a decent guy. Sad to hear of his passing. RIP.

scott herbertson

He had some seats in the executive suite. My dad knew him through his work and Bernard used to invite him to some games in the early/mid 90s. I was able to tag along a few times too and he seemed like a decent guy. Sad to hear of his passing. RIP.

Pretty sure he used to play down the Meadows in kickabouts in the late 1970s/ early 80s, mainly

in goals.

what agee was he?

I think he may only have been in his early/mid sixties. When I met him he seemed to be about the same sort of age range as my dad (who's 61 now).

Guest jambomickey

I think he may only have been in his early/mid sixties. When I met him he seemed to be about the same sort of age range as my dad (who's 61 now).

still not too old eh, shame like.

Destruction Derby

It says Wednesday 12th August?? do they mean Thursday 12th August or Wednesday 11th August??

RIP

It says Wednesday 12th August?? do they mean Thursday 12th August or Wednesday 11th August??

RIP

He died Wednesday 11th in the morning. A good friend of his phoned me last night to tell me.

RIP Bernard

Very sorry to hear this, although i didn't know the man, i used to go to the games with his cousin George.

Condolences to his family.

what agee was he?

Bernard was 62. Good guy sold him my yard a couple of years ago - gentleman. He didnt smoke or drink to my knowledge and had rebuilt the family business after nearly losing the lot when his dad died over death duties etc. His dad died of a massive Heart attack too at a fairly early age.

suddenly I am told about 2Pm on Wednesday and to say I ws shocked is an understatement. I am sure he also sponsored somebody like Cowdenbeath fairly recently but a Jambo. Will be sadly missed by many people and the funeral will be huge.

Bernard was 62. Good guy sold him my yard a couple of years ago - gentleman. He didnt smoke or drink to my knowledge and had rebuilt the family business after nearly losing the lot when his dad died over death duties etc. His dad died of a massive Heart attack too at a fairly early age.

suddenly I am told about 2Pm on Wednesday and to say I ws shocked is an understatement. I am sure he also sponsored somebody like Cowdenbeath fairly recently but a Jambo. Will be sadly missed by many people and the funeral will be huge.

He died early Wednesday Morning, he sponsors Fernieside Amateurs and we were told about it before we played on wednesday night, our gaffer got a call early on wednesday informing him of it, sad loss, was a great guy, only saw him a few weeks back at a fundraising event.

scots civil war

could we be informed of the details of the funeral please people,date,time location etc

thanks in advance

Miller Jambo 60

Thats sad 62 is not old.

Archived