Paul Gray - All For One

Maroon Tart

Does anybody know where I could still pick up a copy of this book? I know the club shop sold them at one point but they dont seem to anymore. I've tried searching all the online book shop websites, only place that found it was amazon but their out of stock. If anybody knows where I could get a copy from I'd really appreciate it as it looks like a cracking book.

Paul Gray - All For One

Paperback: 48 pages

Publisher: Stills, Edinburgh (2005)

ISBN-10: 0906458358

ISBN-13: 978-0906458358

Cheers.

Francis Albert

The author/photographer is a lecturer at Napier. Might be worth e-mailing him to see if he has any copies left?

Some of the photos have been posted on here recently and a print of the view from the tunnel was on the wall behind Fedotovas when Elliott put pen to paper.

A few of the best of the photos would IMO sell well as prints in the club shop.

The author/photographer is a lecturer at Napier. Might be worth e-mailing him to see if he has any copies left?

Some of the photos have been posted on here recently and a print of the view from the tunnel was on the wall behind Fedotovas when Elliott put pen to paper.

A few of the best of the photos would IMO sell well as prints in the club shop.

Yeah this is where I saw the tunnel photo when Elliott signed & this is how I found out about the book. Seen a few more pictures on Paul Grays website & like you say they would be fantastic for the Club to sell as prints. Anyway thanks for your help, I'll try and drop him an email.

It's a great book - some excellent pictures in it.

He had an exhibition of his pictures, and a couple of video exhibits a few years ago around the time of the book launch.

Francis Albert

http://www.paul.uk.net

Half a dozen of the images are on here (two thirds of the way down) - click to enlarge. In the book there are quite a few others of the interior of the old stand (stairways, entrance to the Gents toilets, the groundkeeper's store-room, the boardroom etc) which will be particularly poignant if and when the bulldozers finally move in. The book also has an interview with Stuart Cosgrave which, although at times inviting a Pseuds Corner entry in Private Eye, does show Cosgrave again as one of the few intelligent, non-OF obsessed commentators on Scottish football.

Bad Religion

Does anybody know where I could still pick up a copy of this book? I know the club shop sold them at one point but they dont seem to anymore. I've tried searching all the online book shop websites, only place that found it was amazon but their out of stock. If anybody knows where I could get a copy from I'd really appreciate it as it looks like a cracking book.

Paul Gray - All For One

Cheers.

Mate, if you have any luck tracking one or more of these down could you please post on this thread as I would also like to purchase one.

Mate, if you have any luck tracking one or more of these down could you please post on this thread as I would also like to purchase one.

Yeah no worries, If I manage to get hold of a copy I'll post on here.

He drinks in the mill before the games. Lives around shandon. I got a couple of the pictures in the book framed by him. He did also say at the time that if any more pictures were needed/wanted to drop him a line. As someone posted earlier his website details and that he's a lecturer at Napier craiglockhart.

http://www.paul.uk.net

Half a dozen of the images are on here (two thirds of the way down) - click to enlarge. In the book there are quite a few others of the interior of the old stand (stairways, entrance to the Gents toilets, the groundkeeper's store-room, the boardroom etc) which will be particularly poignant if and when the bulldozers finally move in. The book also has an interview with Stuart Cosgrave which, although at times inviting a Pseuds Corner entry in Private Eye, does show Cosgrave again as one of the few intelligent, non-OF obsessed commentators on Scottish football.

The picture from the Wheatfield Stand looking out over the old Main Stand is superb.

There can't be many grounds in Britain where the backdrop is as stunning as the view from the Wheatfield.

• 4 weeks later...

Maroon Tart,

Did you have any joy with this. Having recently been introduced to a couple of Pauls images, I'm dead keen to get something on canvas for the house?

Cheers

JN

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
Forza Cuore

It's a great book. Well worth it.

Looks like it has had an update...second picture there shows the new truss.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Looks like it has had an update...second picture there shows the new truss.

Was about to gloat about how I only paid 15 quid for my copy. Will have to get this updated version too now!

I have a signed copy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Stuart Lyon

Really disappointed with the Club Shop re this book. I went in twice in December and asked to be notified when the book would become available and surprise, surprise no contact from the club. I have also been in contact with the author and he agreed to give me a heads up on when the revised book would be published but he too has failed on that score.

Stuart Lyon

Just checked it was 18th and 21st December 2016 when I asked to be advised when All for One would be available for purchase. I left my name and mobile number for all the good that did.

Stuart Lyon

Just collected 2 copies of the book from the club shop. Excellent book with some great photos of many parts of the stadium, The added pics of the old main stand are excellent and a great record of a fine building.

All the profits from the sale of the 480 books are going to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund so well done Paul.

Francis Albert

I have the original. It is very good with lots of great photographs, many of the old stand which will be welcomed by nostalgists (the entrance to the Gents toilets, the concourse and staircase, the roof from inside) and other "parts unseen" - the groundsman's store room, the boardroom and other nooks and crannies. There is an interview with Paul Gray by Stuart Cosgrave in which the latter, while verging at times into Pseuds Corner territory, is very affectionate about the old stand. Recommended. (would be interested to know how extensive the changes are from the first edition). I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell out pretty quickly. PS the typo in the Hearts website is unfortunate - The Archibald Leith stand!!!!

Francis Albert

I have to say the club isn't exactly going out of its way to flog the thing. A photograph of the cover and a one line description ("A collection of photographs of the Archibauld Leith stand") which is somewhat misleading or at least incomplete, and if you are not already familiar with the original tells you little about what the book contains. Marketing gets a "must do better".

Just collected 2 copies of the book from the club shop. Excellent book with some great photos of many parts of the stadium, The added pics of the old main stand are excellent and a great record of a fine building.

All the profits from the sale of the 480 books are going to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund so well done Paul.

Shame they didn't contact you as per request but glad you managed to get it!

I've got a copy ordered with click and collect that I'm going to pick up on Saturday.

Stuart Lyon

BM1874 - I did get a call after I placed my online order and after I had had my moan on here and suspect that was the reason for the call.

Paul Gray - All For One

Cheers.

I saw it on the Hearts Direct website last week.

Carl Fredrickson

Just to confirm, it's now sold out

I was in on Thursday and collected 3 copies - there was still loads available then. 

That is some sales in 48 hours.

Cracking wee book and thanks for the heads up on it being re-issued. 

I was in on Thursday and collected 3 copies - there was still loads available then.

That is some sales in 48 hours.

Cracking wee book and thanks for the heads up on it being re-issued.

No worries

Saw it last Saturday, but never had the cash to buy it so ordered it as soon as I saw it online (and went in to collect today) and the only copies they had left were those ordered

I'd wanted this for a few years and couldn't believe it when I saw it was reissued

Apologies to Those who never got one but it really is a great read/view and I'm only a few pages in

Francis Albert

Reprint? I thought 480 would sell out quickly even without any real attempt to sell. it. Maybe the new marketing guru will have some grasp of market research.

Archived