Uni

Freebird

Anyone else away to uni this year? I just found out I've been accepted, and the fear of not getting in that soon turned to excitement and relief has now turned back into me absolutely bricking it. So come on, if I'm sinking on this boat, it'll at least be comforting to know there's other people on the deck with me.

Don't be frightened by it, embrace it!

Kick the arse out of it, but work hard too.

A great experience, well it was for me, and one I would recommend to anyone.

Where you off to?

heartsfc_fan

Anyone else away to uni this year? I just found out I've been accepted, and the fear of not getting in that soon turned to excitement and relief has now turned back into me absolutely bricking it. So come on, if I'm sinking on this boat, it'll at least be comforting to know there's other people on the deck with me.

Uni was good fun. You'll meet a lot of new people. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Don't be frightened by it, embrace it!

Kick the arse out of it, but work hard too.

A great experience, well it was for me, and one I would recommend to anyone.

Where you off to?

I fully intend to. Really, really looking forward to it, but it's a huge step! 22 now and moving out for the first time is gonna be hard cos my parents are fecking awesome. Pretty much total freedom at home, but I gotta make the step sometime!

Going to Stirling to do Marine Biology. Hopefully with added Scuba diving.

freebird, you will meet a fair few good people and most likely have a great time.

The only thing i would add is remember you are there to learn so don't let all the partying etc affect your studying. By all means have fun but if you put in the effort studying, the partying feels better as you are not stressed about things. (this is more critical when you come to your final years)

Shag birds, take drugs and rip the erse out of the cheap student deals in many of the cities various nightclubs/bars!!

The only way to enjoy Uni :thumbsup:

Don't just end up getting a temp job after your 4 years. Start thinking about the practical side of your degree as soon as you can...I'm talking from a wasted early 20s experience here!

I fully intend to. Really, really looking forward to it, but it's a huge step! 22 now and moving out for the first time is gonna be hard cos my parents are fecking awesome. Pretty much total freedom at home, but I gotta make the step sometime!

Going to Stirling to do Marine Biology. Hopefully with added Scuba diving.

Great campus though a bit out of the way but it is a time for stretching your wings and getting some independance -- BUT try to get into a routine including study -- sad to say the work in preparation is important when it comes to exams -- just once or twice think ahead to your future and say 'no' to that party invite.

However you will meet new friends -- some of them life long and keep as many as you can for future career prospects and of course all the young pups will say 'the birds' -- yep a a whole new group of women who have no idea of your past and at 22 you will be the older, more experienced man with that listening capability prior to the inevitable conquest :thumbsup:

Don't just end up getting a temp job after your 4 years. Start thinking about the practical side of your degree as soon as you can...I'm talking from a wasted early 20s experience here!

O god how I wish I had worked harder and got a 2:1 or better rather than my desmond and got a Graduate position when I left.

On the other hand...

Get the beers drunk and get the women, well.. you know what to do (and if you don't, you'll find out soon enough)

:whistling:

(unless your a lass then get the lads seen to)

Cheers for the advice guys. I'm gonna make the most of the studying belive me, I'veen been in office jobs since I left school and I know exactly where I don't want to go back to. My old job especially is gonna motivate me to work my arse off because I hated it with a passion.

And I fully intend to be swimming in so much clunge I'll need to build a boat and some oars just to stay afloat. And to whoever mentioned about me being the older, wiser, more considerate stately gentleman; Bravo Sir! Fantastic way to look at it.

I'm starting Uni too. Staying with the parents as I'm going to Edinburgh.

Going to study Community Education with the hopes (just now anyway) to become a youth worker. Been doing that for the past year.

Really looking forward to it although I understand that my course is pretty theoretical and there is a lot of reading. Looking forward to shutting up some posh twats though :whistling:

JamboBannon10

U will love it, best years of your life id say, the only thing ill say is the precentage of studying to partying swaps around over the years so try and do as much partying in 1st in 2nd year while u can no excuses, no "i cant be bothered to head to that party tonight" cause when u get to the serious stuff in 3rd and 4th u'll no doubt have to miss out on a few of those nights with deadlines nearing and wish u could go back to the start!

Archived