What Stuff Are You Listening To Just Now?

Malcolm Tucker

Malcolm Tucker

What are everyones current bands/singers/DJs/whatever that you can't stop listening to?

The What Are You Listening To thread is a total clustercuss with all the YouTube videos etc.

Interested to have another look at JKB's musical interests and pick away at them like the music snob that I am.

I'm well into my Arcade Fire(nap)*, Errors, Twilight Sad, Mogwai, TV on the Radio, Groove Armada and Jonsi stuff just now. And some Sebastian Ingrosso. :unsure:

Anyone that says Scouting For Girls is minus 10 points

*I noticed the cool kids doing this thought I'd try it out.

Old Crow Medicine Show, Talking Heads, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Biffy Clyro, Steve Earle, Yonder Mountain String Band, Dave Matthews Band & The Specials...think that about covers what I've been listening to most over the last week or so.

The People's Chimp

I'm currently digging:

best coast

vivian girls

dum dum girls

wavves

veronica falls

The theme here being scuzz pop, fuzzy punk wave or whatever genre name HRO has given it this week, plus a strong showing from female vocalists/female bands in particular.

I'm still loving a lot from the electronic scene but nothing has really grabbed me yet, and as well as that I'm listening to a lot of reggae and dubstep. I'm really back into 1982 classic eek-a-mouse and his wa do dem album, perfect summer time tunage, with ganja smuggling my stand out track.

Radio 3 has been getting a lot of listens on the way to and from work, perfect to chill out and wash the day away during a fifteen minute drive home.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I got Professor Green's album a couple of weeks ago and I've had it on just about every day since then. If you're into rap he's like an English Eminem. My bird has "borrowed" it now though, so I'm back on Arctic Monkeys and Last Shadow Puppets.

Band of Horses

Kasabian

Ian Brown

Kanye West

Ice Cube

I shuffle my iTunes, pick the first 5 albums that those songs came from and stick them on my iPod for a week or two.

Dave Matthews Band. Can't stop listening to them at the moment.

I mentioned how much I love DMB in the pub on Saturday and was shot down for being middle of the road.

Brilliant band.

Malcolm Tucker

Band of Horses

Kasabian

Ian Brown

Kanye West

Ice Cube

I shuffle my iTunes, pick the first 5 albums that those songs came from and stick them on my iPod for a week or two.

Mainly;

Arcade Fire, Mogwai, Lali Puna, Menomena, Grizzly Bear, PJ Harvey and Boards of Canada.

You two are my new favourites, congrats!

Liquidator, what sort of electronic stuff were you into before? I'll assume you've heard Errors because you seem to know your music...

The People's Chimp

You two are my new favourites, congrats!

Liquidator, what sort of electronic stuff were you into before? I'll assume you've heard Errors because you seem to know your music...

Seen errors a few times, and always enjoyed them. A couple of times they were supporting Mogwai (talk about a quality line up) and up at connect. You always see the boy with the beanie at sleazys and the like.

Electronic stuff, how long have you got? There's just so much out there, but here are a few links to some interesting mixes:

http://www.spannered.org/

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2010/04/zzks-el-remol-n-gives-away-new-m

I tend to download mixes from blogs and places like fader, xl8r, resident advisor....

Malcolm Tucker

Seen errors a few times, and always enjoyed them. A couple of times they were supporting Mogwai (talk about a quality line up) and up at connect. You always see the boy with the beanie at sleazys and the like.

Electronic stuff, how long have you got? There's just so much out there, but here are a few links to some interesting mixes:

http://www.spannered.org/

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2010/04/zzks-el-remol-n-gives-away-new-m

I tend to download mixes from blogs and places like fader, xl8r, resident advisor....

Errors are playing Liquid Room in October with Twilight Sad, should be pretty special!

I've used Spannered before but never seen xlr8r, pretty good. I use last.fm (laziness) to really search through them all.

I'd reccommend listening to Three Trapped Tigers if you haven't already. Quite Errors/Battles sort of stuff, just got told about them the other day. Very, very good indeed.

tommythejambo

Actually just realised I have hardly listened to any music since I broke my headphones.

Spend about 2 hours a day travelling aswell, so it wasn't the greatest time to break them

Malcolm Middleton

Twilight Sad

We were promised Jetpacks

It's gone very Scottish in my ear canal these days.

More worryingly, I've just got logic express on my computer so will be making an attempt to put out some talentless pap for people to listen to.

Malcolm Tucker

Malcolm Middleton

Twilight Sad

We were promised Jetpacks

It's gone very Scottish in my ear canal these days.

More worryingly, I've just got logic express on my computer so will be making an attempt to put out some talentless pap for people to listen to.

Forgot about We Were Promised Jetpacks as well! Brilliant. Also a Belgian band called Absynthe Minded are decent.

Logic express....?

Forgot about We Were Promised Jetpacks as well! Brilliant. Also a Belgian band called Absynthe Minded are decent.

Logic express....?

Logic Express is a better version of garage band on the mac - I'm going to crack the music industry despite a distinct lack of talent! Debut Album is slated for early next year.

I am into

AC/DC

Paul Weller

We were promised jetpacks

Jedward

REM

Got alot of various artist cds on my ipod such as the boat that rocked OST and american anthems.

thats all I can think of

OOOOOH!!!

Forgot, plenty of counting crows as well.

Liquidator, agreed on staind, sorry malinga.

I'll be seeing Mark Lanegan twice in the coming weeks - once at the Liquid Room and again at the Glasgow ABC with Isobel Campbell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xerAy1wLVAs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9qAbxBt3M

(Kurt Cobain and Krist Novosolic from Nirvana guested on this track from the early '90s - a few years before Nirvana did it on Unplugged).

Currently listening to "cross-cultural-communication in the global marketplace."(podcast)

Yes, it's boring, yes, it's for study.

Carl Spackler

The Latest Teenage Fanclub Album - Shadows

James Zabiella - Renaissance Mix CD (latest one)

Chemical Brothers - Further

Booka Shade - More

Trentmoller - Into the Great Wide Yonder

Beach House - Teen Dream

Currently listening to "cross-cultural-communication in the global marketplace."(podcast)

Yes, it's boring, yes, it's for study.

It's all generic pish. Mundane images, few words and plastered across everywhere. I hate global advertising. All they care about is a presence rather than any actual creative idea. You can put that in your study.

Sorry for the rant!

Really not normally a fan but love this tune!

Also love Mark Ronsons bang bang

:geek:

The People's Chimp

The Latest Teenage Fanclub Album - Shadows

James Zabiella - Renaissance Mix CD (latest one)

Chemical Brothers - Further

Booka Shade - More

Trentmoller - Into the Great Wide Yonder

Beach House - Teen Dream

beach house are decent. don't mind surfer blood either, wee bit meh though.

trentemoller's copenhagen harbour trip is a cracking mix, check it.

the raveonettes are good value and my favourite pop punk band the thermals have a new tune out with the album coming soon.

And some Sebastian Ingrosso.

Good Choice, him and Steve Angello are top notch. I like alot of house music.. Swedish House Mafia are on form just now.

But my main love for music lies with Hardstyle and Dutch and Italian Hardcore :woot: (not for the faint hearted.) Noisecontrollers, Zatox, Zany, Brennan Heart, Technoboy for the hardstyle scene.. and Korsakoff(tidyy), Kasparov, Angerfist, Art of Fighters and Noize Suppressor .. Many more greeat dj's to name though :thumbsup:

M.O.H

Listening to a lot of the bands on the Edinburgh scene recently:

The Ok Social Club http://www.myspace.com/theoksocialclub

The 10:04's

The Stagger Rats

The Nature Boys

The Mixups (well, Glasgow)

Been also picking up a lot of old albums that I've never given much of a chance before and listened to them. The Doors, Small Faces and Pink Floyd's first albums. Lou Reed's 'Transformer'.

Have also listened to some hip-hop off and on, bought Eminem's new album (pretty good) and Mobb Deep's 'The Infamous' (very good).

The boy who trapped the sun - Fireplace. Stornaways lo-fi troubadour. Sounds like Ray Lamontagne on some tracks.

I mentioned how much I love DMB in the pub on Saturday and was shot down for being middle of the road.

Brilliant band.

Middle if the road, Jesus.

Saw DMB at the O2 Arena last year. Best live band I've ever seen. Tight as a gnat's chuff.

New albums I've been listening to:

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

Big Boi - Sir Luscious Leftfoot

Caribou - Swim

The Roots - How I Got Over

tommythejambo

Listening to a lot of the bands on the Edinburgh scene recently:

The Ok Social Club http://www.myspace.com/theoksocialclub

The 10:04's

The Stagger Rats

The Nature Boys

The Mixups (well, Glasgow)

Been also picking up a lot of old albums that I've never given much of a chance before and listened to them. The Doors, Small Faces and Pink Floyd's first albums. Lou Reed's 'Transformer'.

Have also listened to some hip-hop off and on, bought Eminem's new album (pretty good) and Mobb Deep's 'The Infamous' (very good).

I know one of their members. Are they actually any good?

Middle if the road, Jesus.

Saw DMB at the O2 Arena last year. Best live band I've ever seen. Tight as a gnat's chuff.

Exactly.

You're my new favourite on here.

broxburnjambo1874

Staind

Avenged Sevenfold

Eminem

Good band but there drummer died not that long ago :(

Have they found another drummer?

Even if they have it will certainly not be as good as there last :(

Usually have my ipod on shuffle in the car but for the last few months probably listened to these bands the most:

Boards of Canada - every album

Autechre - Amber

The Beatles - Revolver

Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon

AFX - Analord series

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

The Mighty Thor

Ian Dury & Heaven 17 in the car at the moment.

Hipsway is getting a fair bit of playing too.

Carl Spackler

trentemoller's copenhagen harbour trip is a cracking mix, check it.

Not the easiest to find but I just found it on HMV online, cheers. I don't like buying MP3s (or dodgy sites) and Spotify is pants for mix albums.

Following a small cd binge last weekend, currently playing on The Brow's turntable of doom are the following;

I am Kloot - The Sky at Night (brilliant mellow tunes. Completely underrated band)

UNKLE - Where Did The Night Fall (off to see them at Electric Picnic in 3 weeks!)

Band of Horses - Infinite Arms (not as good as the first album but still decent)

Eels - Hombre Loco (decent enough, but just feel over the last couple albums they have become a bit 'same old')

Erland Oye - DJ Kicks (my favourite mix album ever. Lost it whilst moving house so bought it again)

pasqualebrunobrokemyleg

Arcade Fire, Danger Mouse VS Sparklehorse (Album of the year), The XX, Neutral Milk Hotel, Tom Waits, They Might Be Giants and Faith No More.

The People's Chimp

Following a small cd binge last weekend, currently playing on The Brow's turntable of doom are the following;

I am Kloot - The Sky at Night (brilliant mellow tunes. Completely underrated band)

UNKLE - Where Did The Night Fall (off to see them at Electric Picnic in 3 weeks!)

Band of Horses - Infinite Arms (not as good as the first album but still decent)

Eels - Hombre Loco (decent enough, but just feel over the last couple albums they have become a bit 'same old')

Erland Oye - DJ Kicks (my favourite mix album ever. Lost it whilst moving house so bought it again)

I am Kloot are great. Criminally underrated, but in a way I think they prefer to be like that, quietly doing their thing. I actually discovered them in France waaay back in 2001 when their first album came out, it was getting a fair bit of promotion in FNAC and regular play on Couleur Trois.

A lot of people say that about this mix, it's pretty good likes, only really heard it at a few mates, might go and get it myself.

Stones throw are sending a free download link for 6 new J Dilla beats if you sign up for their newsletter:

http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2010/07/free-download-j-dilla-donut-shop

• 1 month later...
Malcolm Tucker

Ladies Gents, I give you The Unwinding Hours...

Whole new level of good.

The Jesus and Marychain,

The Clash,

Joy Division and

Motorhead

all on random in the car at the moment.

Archived