Toto

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

JIM JEFFERIES explained today that Hearts have nothing to lose by signing trialist striker Jonathan Toto as he prepares a recommendation for Vladimir Romanov suggesting the Cameroonian be offered a contract.

The Tynecastle manager is also confident of finalising the capture of Stephen Elliott from Preston North End this week and intends handing the Irishman a debut against St Johnstone in Saturday's SPL opener.

As Elliott watched from the stand, Toto

played the final 16 minutes of Hearts' 1-1 draw with Blackburn Rovers on Saturday and impressed Jefferies after three reserve friendlies in which he scored six times.

"Toto didn't look out of place. A couple of things didn't come off for him but he looks the part," he said. "I don't think we've got anything to lose by keeping him because I think there's raw potential there. He definitely has something and he's worth persevering with. I'll be recommending that he stays. He just turned 20 in March so he's still very young and there's a still a lot to come from him. We will give him the opportunity. It might be that, if he doesn't look ready for the first-team yet, you still have the option to stick him out on loan to get more game. Then you think about him at Christmas.

"What I like about him is he's put away six goals in the three other games he played, and he put them away well. None of them were easy tap-ins."

Elliott is expected to sever his ties with Preston in the next 48 hours, leaving the striker free to join Hearts. "It's up to him to sort out his side of things. He's taking a big drop in salary to come here," continued Jefferies. "The signs are good, he could be here very soon and I'd like to have him in the team for Saturday

Stupid Sexy Flanders

If anyone's looking for a bit of "Feelgood Factor", read the reoprt on the Blackburn game in today's Herald. Very positive reading! :thumbsup:

Well its from TODAYS news

I think it was a dig at the Evening Hobo and not the OP.

Francis Albert

If anyone's looking for a bit of "Feelgood Factor", read the reoprt on the Blackburn game in today's Herald. Very positive reading! :thumbsup:

It's just a weegie rag though. Our own Edinburgh-based national paper says we were only playing a "shadow" Blackburn side.

heartsfc_fan

It's just a weegie rag though. Our own Edinburgh-based national paper says we were only playing a "shadow" Blackburn side.

Which is nonsense, as from what I can see the only other "big" names missing were Robinson, Dunn and Emerton.

The Old Tolbooth

A very decent positive report, a nice refreshing change too :thumbsup:

"I'll be recommending that he stays"

Doesn't really mean much with Vlad about does it.

Guest GhostHunter
"It's up to him to sort out his side of things. He's taking a big drop in salary to come here," continued Jefferies. "The signs are good, he could be here very soon and I'd like to have him in the team for Saturday

That reads to me like the door has been opened for the obligatory, "We were close, but it's his fault it all fell through" statement for the PC on Friday.

That reads to me like the door has been opened for the obligatory, "We were close, but it's his fault it all fell through" statement for the PC on Friday.

Doubtful since Preston have already released him. No doubt in my mind he will sign.

Napoleon  Wilson

Happy days. Still going to not get too excited till the o'l scarf above the head at Tynecastle though

Frankenstein Jambo.

Stop being Paraniod. I am very confident he will be signed in the next 2-3 days.

I thought we no longer commented on transfer activity until the deal was signed, sealed and delivered? That lasted a while...............

WeeToonJambo

How can we possibly believe anything in that weegie report? We've all read on here that Suso is rubbish, Ruben is rubbish, Novikovas is rubbish, Zal is rubbish and so on and so on. I prefer to get my lowdown on players from the all-knowing fonts of football knowledge who post on here. :sarcasm:

Is Toto a small, quite stocky, black guy? If so then he got on my bus on Thursday night. We both got on the 25 at Waverley and he asked me if Tynecastle was the stadium in Gorgie. I never twigged before to be honest cos he didn't look like a professional player. If it was him then I'l gladly be proved wrong. Mon the JT(s)!

The Old Tolbooth

I'm more interested in Toto signing than Elliot if truth be told, I'm not overly enamoured by the Preston fans views on Elliot so far but Toto looks like he could be a decent prospect.

Is Toto a small, quite stocky, black guy? If so then he got on my bus on Thursday night. We both got on the 25 at Waverley and he asked me if Tynecastle was the stadium in Gorgie. I never twigged before to be honest cos he didn't look like a professional player. If it was him then I'l gladly be proved wrong. Mon the JT(s)!

I think you just spoke to a different black man. Maybe one who isn't a professional footballer. He might be a joiner. Or maybe a nurse. If he wasn't a nurse then i'll gladly be proved wrong.

I think you just spoke to a different black man. Maybe one who isn't a professional footballer. He might be a joiner. Or maybe a nurse. If he wasn't a nurse then i'll gladly be proved wrong.

:rolleyes: Maybe he looked smaller than he was because he was a step below me on the bus :woot:

:rofl:

:rolleyes: Maybe he looked smaller than he was because he was a step below me on the bus :woot:

Haha! Fair play. Just a though though - did he also ask to see your ticket??

Haha! Fair play. Just a though though - did he also ask to see your ticket??

He was going to but I always lick the back of my ticket and stick it to my forehead so I don't get disturbed when people do try to ask

:laugh:

:laugh:

Just to clarify, when I say MY bus, I do not own nor drive the bus. Also, he may have been a step below me on said bus. And wearing a very thick jacket.:teehee:

But we're getting Clarkson anyway - right?

:peepwall: *cough*

:whistling:

(....to be fair Dex, you only posted what a lot of us were thinking)

Archived