Fed Up With Hearts.tv

bill duff

Been trying to get the match commentary for over 45 minutes now and still can't get in.

Anyone else having difficulty?

Hannibal Lecter

Never usually have problems but I'm having some today. Every so often I lose it and about 30 seconds later it comes back again.

Francis Albert

For just about the first time ever I got in without any problem, via the "listen live" link on the news page.

For just about the first time ever I got in without any problem, via the "listen live" link on the news page.

I've tried every which way but to no avail.

I've tried every which way but to no avail.

I had to download some update and sign into some clearance thing if that's any use to you?

I'm not very impressed, I purchased it today and have just found out via JKB that is doesn't work on Mac! Surely they would have saved a lot of pain but putting that somewhere before I purchased?

absolute pish here, just cancelled my sub, not paying for such a piss poor service

I've just cancelled too. Radio Scotland are saying that they wanted to report from the game but Hearts TV didn't allow them to as the wanted to get more subscriptions! Lawerence said that even if they got 50 more subscriptions it would be worth it. Well, you've just lost 2! (even although I only subscribed today so it really doesn't count. And for the record, I think Lawerence does a very good job) Apart from that, I'm shakin wi rage!

It's OK here on Google Chrome. And I am always having connection problems.

I have stuttering, then nothing, rinse and repeat. A guy using a covert radio in ww2 probably had a better signal than me.

Hannibal Lecter

Today's the first game I've listened to on HW.

Is the patter always this bad?

In one word, yes!

Francis Albert

Today's the first game I've listened to on HW.

Is the patter always this bad?

You should have heard it when Gary Mackay was on. This is a clash of intellectual giants by comparison.

maroonshrew

I once wrote an email criticising the coverage, saying it was frustrating hearing them eat or drinka nd make private jokes when we wanted to know what was going on in the game.It was like student radio. Their reply was "well our suscription rate says different, so there". I said its because thye had a monopoly then they pretty much told me to go away. I cancelled.

scott_jambo

Well i couldnt tell you what happened in the game.

I could not tell you anything that happened in the second half, no explanation on how the opponents were playing and limited comment on how Hearts or individual players were shaping up. They were making fun of Diouf when he came on at half time. He played about 10 games for Man Utd last season you muppets!

Honestly had no idea what was happening, just inane chatter.

I'd think they would like to make sure that the product works before going after new customers. I think they need to do some research, them they will have an idea of what their requirements are going to be. That way, the gameday experience, and service levels will keep customers happy.

An outrageous statement I know, but hey, pigs might fly someday too.

I started by going to listen live, a screen came up saying the game was not being broadcast. I got out of HW and started to do something else. I came back about five minutes into the game, the feature where it lists whats on HW about five items down said to listen to the game. Clicked on that got a request for my user name and pass word to get a licence, did so, game came on and was perfect all the way through. I have subscribed to Hearts International at an exorbitant fee, but being a rich former world traveller living on my estate in Kelowna can afford it. :rolleyes:

I should add that I cancelled my original HW subscription and re registered different user name and password.

jambojim1986

Works fine for me, although I have to use the link on the home page as the LIVE tab doesnt work. The blabbering gets a bit annoying when you want to know what is going on, only got it for the highlights anyway. Will they ever update the U19s & reserve highlights btw?

Two styrofoam cups, and some string would probably work better. Bob, get down there so we can test the new technology.

I registered for Hearts TV international which worked OK

I'm waiting for word back on the status of my annual subscription to Hearts World

I registered for Hearts TV international which worked OK

I'm waiting for word back on the status of my annual subscription to Hearts World

As said previously I cancelled my HW subscription. I was a wee bit worried for a while because it was still on there. I then got a notification it would end 5 Aug when it was due renewal. If your subscription to HW still has time to run is it possible you will be paying for both.

Luton Jambo

I've just signed up for my third season on HW and have never had a problem with it on 3 different PCs and two different laptops over that time. That's either listening at home in England or in various countries round Europe when away working, and watching some games over it when not in the UK. For what it costs I think it's good value and a decent service.

davemclaren

As said previously I cancelled my HW subscription. I was a wee bit worried for a while because it was still on there. I then got a notification it would end 5 Aug when it was due renewal. If your subscription to HW still has time to run is it possible you will be paying for both.

Why would a rich former world traveller living on his estate in Kelowna worry about this? :cool_shades:

Winnipeg Willie

Thanks for that Bob. I've asked the question about both subscriptions (overlapping) but have yet to get a response. Guess I'll send another one. Cheers.

Why would a rich former world traveller living on his estate in Kelowna worry about this? :cool_shades:

thats how you get to be a rich former world traveller.

Watch the pennies pounds will watch themselves.

Still think there should be an "upgrade" option from the one service to the other.

Does the new service work on a Mac? And I don't mean a raincoat.

As far as today's game is concerned, there should have been a preview of the service if they wanted to get subscriptions. Not piss off the customers they already have.

Japan Jambo

I posted on the game thread that I was having issues. At no point did I get any signal on either the live event or live event video links. As I usually have no problems at all I immediately contacted the customer service people and by half time had a response with the somewhat unhelpful suggestion I refresh - sh.t, I'd never have thought of that! The response to my follow up was confusing in the extreme as it was rambling on about video quality - given that the website referred only to an audio feed (as did my question) I'm still unclear as to whether or not both were available or that they'd just pasted in a standard response without even bothering to read my email...

I have to say that the general level of customer service from the help desk is pretty woeful and I suspect that this has now been further complicated by the introduction of the new international product given that the way the follow up was answered (always nice to be patronised about bandwith).

For what it's worth I know they tested the live feeds last season on a few games and the results were great but clearly the way the products are accessed and advertised through the website and the attendend customer support have not been adequately tested/considered. While I feel that HW is good value and a good service (I personally like the 'homely' feel of the commentary) in so far as it allows me to keep in touch I believe that the lack of professionalism surrounding the technical aspects of the product are amateur.

As for the comments attributed to LB, I too heard them on the beeb and was completely stoked by them, to prevent the beeb from including Hearts on open all mikes because it may genrate another 50 subscribers opened the club (and Lawrence himself)to ridicule - Lawrence, if you're reading and you did get the 50 and feel vindicated a couple of thoughts for you; a) you created a lot of bad will with that quote, and, b)I'm pretty sure that very few of those subscriptions would be on the strength of the Blackburn game alone...

Thanks for that Bob. I've asked the question about both subscriptions (overlapping) but have yet to get a response. Guess I'll send another one. Cheers.

I am not the brightest when it comes to these things but why couldn't Hearts-TV offer an UPGRADE for existing subscription holders? Why the need to cancel your existing HW subscription and then take out a Hearts International subscription. Why do I suspect that I'll end up like you guys.

A question that I am not sure LB answered in his sales pitch. It will be a live video stream, but is it still with the LB/MD/GMcK live audio? woot.gif

I very much doubt that I could concentrate on watching a game with that inane wittering going on in the background. Yesterday was pretty unprofessional, I am sure they didn't mention one piece of action in the 2nd half.

Also, if the camera work is going to be as shoddy as it was yesterday, then again I would question the value of a subscription.

I still think it is a great idea, mind. I'd be willing to pay double if the quality was there.

Archived