Vlad V's Robinson

Ecce Romanov

Ecce Romanov

We all know that Vlad is, how shall I put it, prone to making unexpected decisions, but where do you think we would be if he hadn't stepped in when he did. Obviously, away from Tynecastle but what else?

I know some may think that this is a pointless thread, but I think it may be a bit of a timely reminder of how things might have been.

Francis Albert

We might have been virtually clear of debt and regularly playing in front of crowds exceeding Tynecastle's capacity (as we did in EVERY game we played at Murrayfield). On the other hand we might be in the First Division sharing Almondvale with Livingstone and pulling in 4000 punters at best. Fortunately (I think, on balance) we'll never know.

itsnomarooned

We all know that Vlad is, how shall I put it, prone to making unexpected decisions, but where do you think we would be if he hadn't stepped in when he did. Obviously, away from Tynecastle but what else?

I know some may think that this is a pointless thread, but I think it may be a bit of a timely reminder of how things might have been.

ker-ching!

Jambof3tornado

there will always be those that are happy Vlad is here and those who would rather he was elsewhere and all that threads like this do is divide the forum. Pointless thread,and for the record,without Vlad we would be up shit creek!

gorgie rd eh11

Pointless sh*t stirring doesn't change last nights result. :teehee:

Independence

Pieman GT! However, all those supporters who regularly criticise Mr Romanov , deservedly on many occasions, should be reminded just how bad things were when the 'pieman' was in charge! The 'pieman' would have made Hearts the wee team of Edinburgh and possibly taken us to the abiss. This should never be forgotten!!!

scott herbertson

We wouldn't own our ground

The next time we got into financial trouble (and it would be bound to happen as it does to all clubs from time to time) we would have gone into administration, had to release all our players and start again

It would have been twenty years of misery

The fans had their opportunity to stop all that without the VR options but failed to support SOH in sufficient numbers or sufficient cash, so as well as Robinson and VR we have ourselves to blame.

The next time we got into financial trouble (and it would be bound to happen as it does to all clubs from time to time) we would have gone into administration, had to release all our players and start again

We'd be Dundee.

Clerry Jambo

Vlad is here - accept it.

We are what we are now - we all need to embrace the situation.

john brownlee

The fans had their opportunity to stop all that without the VR options but failed to support SOH in sufficient numbers or sufficient cash, so as well as Robinson and VR we have ourselves to blame.

THIS

Plus I doubt Hearts would have been at Murrayfield for long. Crap atmosphere and dwindling crowds would have had the Pieman seeking a smaller, cheaper arena. Would they have ended up ground sharing with H*bs, woot.gif

I wonder how many of those openly critical of VR actually supported SOH?

Love him or loathe him, our old bank would have pulled the plug on us when the financial system went into meltdown. So mad Vlad GTF brigade..he saved our club and our ground and still keeps us afloat. Some should be careful what they wish for.

grumpyjambo

THIS

Plus I doubt Hearts would have been at Murrayfield for long. Crap atmosphere and dwindling crowds would have had the Pieman seeking a smaller, cheaper arena. Would they have ended up ground sharing with H*bs, woot.gif

and gave money to the Trust!

Clerry Jambo

I wonder how many of those openly critical of VR and financially in a position to actually support SOH

.....maybe a better way of putting it!

Independence

I wonder how many of those openly critical of VR and financially in a position to actually support SOH

or another way:

where were all the business owners from Edinburgh when we were in trouble with the Pie(*hit)man? Not one came forward despite the financial situation being so good at the time. Others, like myself, gave what we could to the SOH appeal and if more had followed suit then things might have been different!

Answer to question on Edinburgh business owners: travelling along the M8 to Glasgow like sheep to follow one of the ugly sisters! They should hang their heads in shame!

scott herbertson

I agree - some people supported the Trust in kind, fund raising, parachuting etc Others gave money, but a lot didn't.

davemclaren

Vlad is a true hero.

Deal with it. JJ thinks of him as his best friend.

0,,10289~8725600,00.jpg

He needs to ditch the turquoise. Doesn't suit him. :whistling:

Gigolo-Aunt

He needs to ditch the turquoise. Doesn't suit him. :whistling:

Its not his most flattering colour, granted.

Vlad on the other hand has mastered that casual, smart but still has that shrewd business look about him.

Hopefully we see more of Vlad at Tyneacastle this year.

Perhaps, but SOH could have been supported in more ways than just financially.

without Vlad's money where would we have been when the recession hit last year, what bank would we have been hanging onto?

As someone once said about the outcome of the French Revolution, it is still too early to tell

Archived