Trust Needs Your Help!

JohnnyPunter

JohnnyPunter

The Heart of Midlothian Education and Community Trust has been granted use of the distillery pitch at the back of the Wheatfield Stand and wants to 'revitalise' the facility so that it can be used once again be used to attract kids to come and play. The(3 foot tall)grass has just been cut and the Trust is looking for volunteers who have a rake and are available this Friday evening from 6pm to help out.

All the info is here http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100804/can-you-help-the-trust-on-friday-night_2241577_2111089 but if anyone can help they are asked to email [email protected] so numbers can be coordinated.

This faciltiy used to be heaving with kids on Hearts coaching courses in the past and Tynecastle is a fantastic backdrop to encourage them to play and develop their skills.

www.facebook.com/heartscommunity

just get some farmer to give them some sheep it will be like a bowling green in no time .saves a whole load of back breaking work. :whistling:

What a waste. I played 11 a side on that pitch for my amateur side against the Brewery team between the late 1990s and mid 00s - it was an annual pre-season friendly we all looked forward to because it was such a fantastic pitch to play on against a very decent side.

I've not been in the Wheatfield for two years, I had no idea it had fallen into disrepair.

Good to see it being put to good use for kids.

Longer term, I'd have thought this was a decent commercial opportunity for Hearts and the brewery in partnership? I would have thought a 3G facility in the shadow of Tynecastle would do quite well.

Woah, that looks like a heck of a job but would be well worth it in the end. Hope you get a decent turnout....have a sneaky bump. :)

Looking at the picture, if there is another dry day or two before Friday the grass could be made into hay for the Gorgie City Farm rather than put into black bags and chucked!

JohnnyPunter

Looking at the picture, if there is another dry day or two before Friday the grass could be made into hay for the Gorgie City Farm rather than put into black bags and chucked!

we did speak to the gorgie farm but they have limited storage

It uses to look like an excellent pitch but was in terrible condition during the week at the Wolves game. I hadn't noticed it was so bad.

Has it just been left to grow since the end of last season or has it been like that for a while?

JohnnyPunter

It uses to look like an excellent pitch but was in terrible condition during the week at the Wolves game. I hadn't noticed it was so bad.

Has it just been left to grow since the end of last season or has it been like that for a while?

The high school used it at the end of term so the growth has been from then til now

Archived