Thierry Henry

Goz

Just got this through on a mail and thought i'd share:

We've all started jobs, or moved somewhere, and immediately thought 'Oh crap, what have I done?'

That look was plastered all over Thierry Henry's face the other day, in the middle of his first round of interviews after signing for the New York Red Bulls.

Henry was on the Fox 5 couch being grilled about his move by a couple of those ludicrously shiny presenters that are only found on American morning TV shows.

Things didn't start well when Shiny Man announced the arrival of 'Tiarry Henry', and rapidly went downhill when Shiny Woman kicked the interview off with "So you just won the World Cup, right?"

What dignity remained disappeared about a minute in when, of all the clips of magnificent skill and athleticism they could've chosen to illustrate Henry's glorious and trophy-laden career, Fox picked that Billy Gallas goal against Ireland. And showed it three times.

The Shiny People went on to ask if racism in Europe was the main reason he'd come to America, presumably because such prejudice has been completely eradicated in the US, and mock Thierry when asked to think of the "big scores" and largest "blowouts" in soccerkickball.

Lord love him, Thierry remained calm and answered politely, but maintained the look of slowly dawning horror.

Sterling Archer

Just got this through on a mail and thought i'd share:

We've all started jobs, or moved somewhere, and immediately thought 'Oh crap, what have I done?'

That look was plastered all over Thierry Henry's face the other day, in the middle of his first round of interviews after signing for the New York Red Bulls.

Henry was on the Fox 5 couch being grilled about his move by a couple of those ludicrously shiny presenters that are only found on American morning TV shows.

Things didn't start well when Shiny Man announced the arrival of 'Tiarry Henry', and rapidly went downhill when Shiny Woman kicked the interview off with "So you just won the World Cup, right?"

What dignity remained disappeared about a minute in when, of all the clips of magnificent skill and athleticism they could've chosen to illustrate Henry's glorious and trophy-laden career, Fox picked that Billy Gallas goal against Ireland. And showed it three times.

The Shiny People went on to ask if racism in Europe was the main reason he'd come to America, presumably because such prejudice has been completely eradicated in the US, and mock Thierry when asked to think of the "big scores" and largest "blowouts" in soccerkickball.

Lord love him, Thierry remained calm and answered politely, but maintained the look of slowly dawning horror.

The video of this is in the Henry thread in the terrace. Cringeworthy. :lol:

Archived