Fishing??

lewis2006

any kbers into a spot of fishing???

I do alot of carp and trout fishing.....looking forward to the start of the new season this saturday....get yer troot oot!!!!!

Cairneyhill Jambo
any kbers into a spot of fishing???

I do alot of carp and trout fishing.....looking forward to the start of the new season this saturday....get yer troot oot!!!!!

Aye, cannae wait either.

Usually buy a season ticket for the River Devon between Alloa and Dollar. Only ?18. Fly and bait fishing allowed.

Caught some decent brown trout on it last year.

Have recently been doing some sea fishing to keep me out of trouble over the winter.

Been catching Dab, Whiting and Flounders at Burntisland and Kinghorn. Best was a 1lb Flounder

Going to the Glasgow Angling Centre this Sunday to get stocked up. Fishermans paradise

Good stuff!!

I was thinking about headin through to the GAC some time this week aswell.Ive heard its moved to possil park???

My back door faces onto linlithgow loch so i usually go there for the opening day.usually a few good wintered fish lying up off the north bank come out on the opening week so hopefully i can tempt one of them!Then im in a troutmaster fish off thing @ a local water called Bowden Springs..think the winner gets to compete in the final down south!

Tight lines

The Wicker Man
I was thinking about headin through to the GAC some time this week aswell.Ive heard its moved to possil park???

They moved there a few years ago - but they still have the shop near the barras.

GAC will usually price match if you can produce an advert a the lower price - they have a habit of pricing everything RRP in their shop, trying to 'catch' some unsuspecting punters.

Cairneyhill Jambo
Good stuff!!

My back door faces onto linlithgow loch so i usually go there for the opening day.usually a few good wintered fish lying up off the north bank come out on the opening week so hopefully i can tempt one of them!Then im in a troutmaster fish off thing @ a local water called Bowden Springs..think the winner gets to compete in the final down south!

Tight lines

I used to be a bailiff on linlithgow Loch up until about 7 years ago so know the loch like the back of my hand. Last time I fished it was a couple of years ago, about a week before it closed with my Dad, who still stays in Linlithgow.

A really good area to fish at the start of the season is opposite the palace from the bank. You have to wade out and then gradually walk along in front of the gorse bushes. Fast sinking line and black lures work well.

Don't think it fishes as well as it used to though but still a great loch to fish

Good luck at Bowden Springs. I used to fish that when I was a nipper when it was free.

i know the spot your on about mate, there's a white bench and if you wade out a few rod lengths there's a drop off.i had a 7 lber @ the start of the season a few years ago from that spot.I usually fish linlithgow till june then the weed/algae gets bad and i move off till september.Really good water though and a nice backdrop with the palace.had a few good days on the boat with a case of beer and a few smokes enjoying the greater aspects of life!!

Archived