Up Your Game!

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

A fair few of our players really need to up their game this season, after being not that great last term, including:

Balogh;

Kucharski;

Ruben;

Suso;

Black;

Obua;

Elliot;

Bouzid;

Glen;

Zal?

Do any of these guys have it in them to do better this season?

Bert Le Clos

A fair few of our players really need to up their game this season, after being not that great last term, including:

Balogh;

Kucharski;

Ruben;

Suso;

Black;

Obua;

Elliot;

Bouzid;

Glen;

Zal?

Yes.

Jambof3tornado

I think theres maybe only a handful from last year that could hand on heart say they were happy with their overall performance last season. As for the can they do better question,well you have to say many of them couldnt do much worse.

Chris Benoit

Balogh; has serious confidence issues if he could sort that good 'keeper

Kucharski; should be considered no more than a squad player

Ruben; not his biggest fan, just too slow

Suso; looked better when JJ came in, may just be a sunshine player

Black; the new Michael Stewart

Obua; I like hime but can see why others wouldn't

Elliot; Last chance saloon really hope it goes well for him

Bouzid; Could and should be brilliant, usually isn't

Glen; Just once i'd like to see him show more effort and desire

Zal? If PH doesn't sign the only choice for captain imo

Gave my opinions of them all, out of that list i think only Suso, Obua, Bouzid and Elliot and maybe Glen if he shows more effort will play consistently over the season, the rest might get the odd run out but i'm not expecting too much.

Not mentioned Zal because i don't think he should've been on that list

Tommy Wiseau

I think most of them do - Kucharski, Ruben and Bouzid being the exceptions. I actually think that Palazuelos came on to a bit of a game at the tail end of last season when he was used as a full back, but was unsurprised to see him toil in midfield as I think he's pump there.

Bouzid I don't think will cut it here, Kucharski the same.

The rest have underperformed for whatever reasons, and while some might not be good enough, they can do better than they have.

Johanes de Silentio

Not mentioned Zal because i don't think he should've been on that list

Yup - I put a question mark after Zal, as I'm not sure whether he shoulda been on the list either.

I quite like Ruben, but he went downhill last season, I think.

Chris Benoit

Yup - I put a question mark after Zal, as I'm not sure whether he shoulda been on the list either.

I quite like Ruben, but he went downhill last season, I think.

I've got a bit of a love/hate thing with Ruben, thing is he usually looks quite composed and classy on the ball but doesn't really do anything with it and would rather see Mrowiec play to be honest

Gigolo-Aunt

Whilst there is no doubt some more than others, every player should be going in to this season trying to up their game.

Johanes de Silentio

Bouzid I don't think will cut it here, Kucharski the same.

Tend to agree on Kucharski, but I'm hoping that Bouzid can do a Flogel/Tomaschek, and kick on after taking a while to adjust.

Jambof3tornado

Bouzid is a player that excites me in that he attacks the ball in the air well. He is fairly calm with the ball at his feet and will run beyond the midfield on occasion. All good stuff. The downside is he needs to learn that sometimes the ball just isnt there to win and going through the player to do so isnt allowed(unless you play for the old firm).

Tough question for me is whether I want Barr in beside Zal or Bouzid?

I think with the rate we pick up bookings they will all get a shout at some point,even Kosovo Dave will get games.(I hope someone has bought him some boots to replace his 1980's style ones).

Johanes de Silentio

Bouzid is a player that excites me in that he attacks the ball in the air well. He is fairly calm with the ball at his feet and will run beyond the midfield on occasion. All good stuff. The downside is he needs to learn that sometimes the ball just isnt there to win and going through the player to do so isnt allowed(unless you play for the old firm).

Tough question for me is whether I want Barr in beside Zal or Bouzid?

I think with the rate we pick up bookings they will all get a shout at some point,even Kosovo Dave will get games.(I hope someone has bought him some boots to replace his 1980's style ones).

Bouzid's lack of pace is a bit of a worry, mind!

Kucharski;

Ruben;

Suso;

Black;

Obua;

Elliot;

Bouzid;

Glen;

The above should imo along with J. Thomson/Mole/Wittenveen be players we are actively trying to move onto other clubs, if unable to do that they should be classed as 'squad players seeing out their contracts' who should not be allowed to get in the way of youth/young players (McGowan/Park/Brown/Smith/Novikovas/Mulrooney etc) progress to the first team squad.

I am disappointed that we have not moved on some of what i would regard as 'squad players'.:angry: There is still time though.:thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Bouzid's lack of pace is a bit of a worry, mind!

Very similar to Zaliukas in that respect,that if someone puts a ball through its hard to see either of them tracking back fast enough to do anything about it..

How fast is Barr,I seem to have a memory block over how good he is at anything?

Balogh;

Kucharski;

Ruben;

Suso;

Black;

Obua;

Elliot;

Bouzid;

Glen;

Zal?

My opinion on those selected...

Balogh - Decent 'keeper who seems to take week about to be the apple of Kickback's eye then he is Kurskis the following week. Not brilliant but certainly as good as we have.

Kucharski - I don't think he has it. I think we need to release him this summer.

Palazuelos - I like Palazuelos in central midfield, the problem is that I think that he cannot play with Jonsson as a partnership. Cover for Jonsson or moved on if an offer comes in.

Suso - Looked rubbish under Laszlo but more threatening under Jefferies. Should be used as an "impact" player, off the bench.

Black - He may yet prove me wrong but I didn't rate him at ICT and have not seen anything so far to suggest he is a player. For me, behind Jonsson, Palazuelos, Stevenson and Hartley or Bryson (should either sign).

Obua - Said this constantly, he is a player. However, his languid style of play is not suited to Scottish football and he would be a relative success at a Dutch/German/Italian club.

Elliot - Doesn't have it and with the exception of a few solitary performances he has never shown that he might have it. Should be at home with Witteveen and Mole.

Bouzid - I think he could be a decent player for Hearts but needs to cut out the Zaliukas-esque mistakes. I would have allowed him to leave if we got a decent offer for him but whilst he is here I would give him a chance to cut out the errors.

Glen - I like the lad, I think there is a goalscorer in there. He needs to get goals though, if he doesn't hit the goals then he won't play.

Zaliukas - Awful football player who should be moved on.

Bert Le Clos

Which ones?

Suso, Glen, Obua, Zal and Bouzid will all benefit from having a good coaching team and good squad descipline and will be better.

There`s certain players , imo, who can`t give more because they don`t have the constitution to, they don`t have the dig or mental strength.

Two players , for me, who i do expect more from are Black and Ruben.

Ian Black had his injury problems, had an odd good game(like anyone can) but really needs to find the form that attracted Hearts to him at ICT. But he`s struggled to bring that from a smaller club to the pressure of a bigger club who expect you to perform against smaller sides who really really want to beat you each week...i think he`s not adapted that yet.

As for Ruben, i want to see the one from 08/09. Ruben is maybe not the fastest but he has a good football brain and that`s were he is fast. Sometimes i actually think he suffers from players around him not thinking as quick as him or not showing for the ball. Hes taught to hold onto the ball and always look for an option and i think this is where some fans who don`t understand the game get on his back...because he maybe gets caught on the ball from time to time....but this is because his team mates aren`t showing or giving him and option.

But he was sadly middle for diddle last season. He was outstanding at left back a couple of times, winning headers, tackling fearlessly, chasing and pinging some nice long passes...we didn`t see it enough though.

Archived