Would You Say That Michael Stewart Left Hearts 'in Disgrace'?

Craigieboy

I would.

The guy made a total ****** of himself & proved himself to be an arsehole both on & off the pitch.

Thoughts?

I would.

The guy made a total ****** of himself & proved himself to be an arsehole both on & off the pitch.

Thoughts?

I dont think he did. I think you did...not on the pitch obviously

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Nope.

In the words of Flann O'Brien, he left ".... in that lofty vehicle, high dudgeon".

I would.

Thoughts?

Good for you. Not put a seconds thought into it myself.

He definitely left, so you've got that bit right at the very least

Bert Le Clos

I don't think he left on particularly good terms.

But not in disgrace either.

grumpyespana

I would.

Thoughts?

What a pointless posting who cares about Stewart he is gone, history now lets move on.

Grumpy.

I'd say he left on poor terms with the club and fans and really showed that he'll never amount to anything in football more than he has already. He had potential when he was young but for whatever reason, things just have not really worked out for him at the level he hoped and thought he might be playing at. He's not a failure by any means but all he ever achieved was inconsistency, mediocrity and the occasional flash of something more. I said from day 1 that we'd never win anything with Michael Stewart in our midfield and especially not as our captain. I hope his move to Turkey works out well but I'm delighted that I never have to see him playing for Hearts again.

Not a disgrace, just in disappointment.

I would.

Thoughts?

thinly veiled ' i bumped into stewart and he was a dick' thread !

The attitude that he had made him a failure of a player imo.

The way that he rounded on John Collins at hibs was typical of his arrogance. I actually feel that Collins could have done a job for hibs yet he ran into bother trying to get players like Stewart etc to behave like proffesionals.

I wonder how he got on with Jim Jefferies in the last few months.

Fort Vallance

I would.

Thoughts?

No. He had good days (especially his last couple of derbies)and bad days on the pitch like everyone else.

Did his job off the pitch, particularly at Haymarket. And left when his contract was up.

Don't see your point really.

The way that he rounded on John Collins at hibs was typical of his arrogance. I actually feel that Collins could have done a job for hibs yet he ran into bother trying to get players like Stewart etc to behave like proffesionals.

Don't agree with that at all.

By all accounts Collins was a complete and utter ****** and the players couldn't stand him due to his arrogance. Stewart stuck up for himself and his team mates. The difference in intelligence between Stewart and square-heid was night and day. Unfortunately for MS, the difference in ability as a player was just as wide, only in square-heid's favour this time.

Not in the slightest. If anything, I always expected that things might come to a head and he'd be one of those players guaranteed to leave in a whirlwind of drama and controversy but in the end he left with a bit of an underwhelming whimper. He didn't leave in disgrace, he just left.

If anything, it was just a bit sad how it worked out....

Mikey Gardiner

He wasnt a disgrace but didn't leave on the best of terms. He did score some vital goals for us all be it most of them were penalties, but some games he did but a decent shift in. Towards the end of the season he didnt do himself any favours but now im just glad he has moved on to a new club where he is most likely to make an even bigger ****** of himself.

John Collins fell out with just about every single player at Hibs by the time he left. I don't think you can pin that particular relationship breakdown on Michael Stewart. :)

He departure was as underwhelming as his performances on a football pitch.

Personally I am delighted that I will not be contributing to his wages this season.

I'd like to forget he exsisted. I still have nightmares about his pointy arms, head shaking and jumping about.

I would.

Thoughts?

Your the only one making a "****** of himself".

As Captain he represented Hearts not only on the pitch but off it with great conviction particularly in relation to Erskine etc.

He attended many events that a number of his fellow team mates could'nt be bothered to turn up for however I don't see you slagging any of them!!!

It is amazing how short people's memory can be but then I suppose if your brain is the size of a pea then what can one expect :rolleyes:

Don't see the need for the abuse. Just stating an opinion.

I never rated him & it seems that people have forgotten some of his 'cockness' that cost his team last season alone. I think he got 50 minutes of his 1st game as captain. :mellow:

Poor show.

I never rated him & it seems that people have forgotten some of his 'cockness' that cost his team last season alone. I think he got 50 minutes of his 1st game as captain. :mellow:

Poor show.

I still can't quite believe that Csaba made him captain.

Was the beginning of the end for Csaba and the beginning of a horrible season for us. An absolutely ridiculous decision.

scott_jambo

Poor show.

So you can call people a ******, but you cant take it yourself? :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

Bit cockish that...

Not for me mate.

But if you can take it then don't let anyone stop you.

Go girl!

Yes exactly, "pot and kettle" spring to mind.

scott_jambo

Not for me mate.

But if you can take it then don't let anyone stop you.

Go girl!

Again, getting all uptight because no one likes your thread. Cheer up buddy, you usually post some decent stuff. :)

I'd say he left on poor terms with the club and fans and really showed that he'll never amount to anything in football more than he has already. He had potential when he was young but for whatever reason, things just have not really worked out for him at the level he hoped and thought he might be playing at. He's not a failure by any means but all he ever achieved was inconsistency, mediocrity and the occasional flash of something more. I said from day 1 that we'd never win anything with Michael Stewart in our midfield and especially not as our captain. I hope his move to Turkey works out well but I'm delighted that I never have to see him playing for Hearts again.

Not a disgrace, just in disappointment.

Good post Cosanostra!

Also his bad temper didn't help his case much.

All the best to him with his new club though!

Rudolf's Mate

Good post Cosanostra!

Also his bad temper didn't help his case much.

All the best to him with his new club though!

Seconded.

He didn't leave in disgrace at all. Good player who simply didn't show it often enough. If he is a lifelong jambo then why wish ill on someone who is meant to be one of our own?!? :blink:

linkin- hearts

Think to single MS out is a bit unfair. Haven't heard him moaning about mysterious contracts or offering to come back on reduced terms cos no other club will take him.He went and i wish him well. Nothing more to it that i can see, altho i am glad to see that pointless threads aren't just down to me :whistling:

He departure was as underwhelming as his performances on a football pitch.

Personally I am delighted that I will not be contributing to his wages this season.

I'd like to forget he exsisted. I still have nightmares about his pointy arms, head shaking and jumping about.

mabel will be disappointed in you missus :P

mabel will be disappointed in you missus :P

She knows the score!

She's moved seats to sit beside me next season and I will be educating her so she never makes a mistake like Stewart in future :lol:

Haven't heard him moaning about mysterious contracts or offering to come back on reduced terms cos no other club will take him.He went and i wish him well.

That's probably because there's no chance JJ would want him at the club.

A boy in my local goes up to Riccarton now and again and told me that in the week leading up to the game at the San Giro he witnessed JJ and Stewart having an almighty bust-up. It ended with JJ calling him a "****ing arsehole" and Stewart storming away. Apparantly Lockie had been having a right go at him earlier in the morning too.

Stewart never played another game for us after that 'incident'.

FTR, I wouldn't say that he left Hearts in disgrace. 'Under a cloud' would probably be a better way of putting it.

That's probably because there's no chance JJ would want him at the club.

A boy in my local goes up to Riccarton now and again and told me that in the week leading up to the game at the San Giro he witnessed JJ and Stewart having an almighty bust-up. It ended with JJ calling him a "****ing arsehole" and Stewart storming away. Apparantly Lockie had been having a right go at him earlier in the morning too.

Stewart never played another game for us after that 'incident'.

FTR, I wouldn't say that he left Hearts in disgrace. 'Under a cloud' would probably be a better way of putting it.

Case.jpg

Rested.jpg

Bunny Munro

Stewart left quietly out the back door. Nade and Jose were both 'disgraced' IMO. Kingston should have been but for some reason some people one here don't like to admit it.

Everyone from the players, the staff, and the fans knew Mikeys time was up, he had to go, for the best for everyone.

Ray Winstone

Would not say he left in disgrace.

Certainly out the back door and not on the best of terms with the club but there have been far worse departures in recent times.

Archived