Undercover Boss

RoyCropper

Just away to start on Channel 4.

I like it. Basically it is the boss of a company, tonights one is Best Western who quits his office and high profile position to work on the inner workings on his company without the normal everyday staff having a clue who he is. It then allows him to weed out the deadwood and give the unsung heroes some reward. :thumbsup:

Got me thinking though, if a big boss came to work with us without me knowing i would probably slag the company to him or something.

Anyone else going to watch?

I have it on now..I never stayed in a Best Western hotel...

I have it on now..I never stayed in a Best Western hotel...

Ditto.

World's largest hotel chain though :blink:

Maybe we have though, found this on wiki:

"Unlike other chains, which are often a mix of company-owned and franchised units, each Best Western hotel is an independently owned and operated franchise"

Stayed in a Best Western in Dublin in May.

Room was absolutely tiny (hence the 100EURO price tag) but otherwise it was great.

Not a bad show so far... It's pretty obvious he's not who he says he is though.

Ray Winstone

Makes me glad that I know the owner of the security company I work for!

I think there is a lot to be said for working for a smaller company when you know the owner/owners etc - you take more pride in your job.

The handyman that is on at the moment must be in for the chop!! :unsure:

Prince Buaben

Makes me glad that I know the owner of the security company I work for!

I think there is a lot to be said for working for a smaller company when you know the owner/owners etc - you take more pride in your job.

The handyman that is on at the moment must be in for the chop!! :unsure:

The Hotel looks like its for the chop!

Although its still on the Best Western website from ?311 per stay

Good programme.

Got me thinking who may have been sent into our squad 'undercover' in recent times to see how things were working...........Beniusis is actually a UKIO executive right ?!

Only a Game

He came out of that looking not bad, considering he oversee's virtual slave labour conditions in many of his properties.

Says a mere thanks to one guy who's virtually keeping a restaurant open single handedly and sends him on a course which benefits HIS company.

Uses a woman working her arse off for a pittance on a poster campaign which benefits HIS company.

Donates 2.5k (out of a turnover of over ?90 million) to a charity after another poor soul on virtually the minimum wage tells him about her son being there for 15 years while she had to slog her fecking guts out on ?6 an hour to keep one of HIS hotels on an even keel.

Gives another bloke who worked whilst he had CANCER a weeks holiday in feckin WALES.

He probably feels like he's doing a great job but Best Western didnt come out of that programme looking like they'll get a rush of job applications of the Year IMO. Dreadful working conditions in almost every case highlighted.

Archived