Would you prefer a separate part of the terrace for NHC content?

Budgie.

Should we create a new section of The Terrace?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we create a new section of the Terrace for non-Hearts related threads?

• Yes, for all non-Hearts content
    • Yes, but just for non-Scottish content
    • No, leave as is

Would you like to see a separate part of the terrace created for non-hearts related threads? A bit like the console area of the shed. The other alternative is to have a non-Scottish area to be created as this would still allow threads about the other teams in the SPL, the national team and of course lots of threads laughing at the wee team!

shaun.lawson

Non. Nein. Nao. Nyet.

TT: what's got into you tonight? You're like a bull in a china shop! I think one of Kickback's many great majesties is the debate about all aspects of football on here is top, top notch, probably unparalleled on most other footie fora. I mentioned this a while back: but in the case of many topical football issues, if you google them, a Kickback thread tends to be very near the top of the search results. I think that's brilliant.

The vast majority of threads on here are about Hearts: and so they should be, especially once we're in pre-season. But right now, we're all having a blast watching and discussing The Greatest Show On Earth. Why not join us? It's great fun. :thumbsup:

I trust this clarifies matters, blah blah blah Chelsea FC blah blah blah Judas Pressley blah blah blah sheep are going to be homeless blah blah blah Rangers FC blah blah blah GIRUY Fat Alex blah blah blah if you don't support England you're a racist blah blah blah have you seen the size of my wad blah blah blah bollocks.

Can you stop making pointless threads attacking another member in a really pathetic way?

No, not one little bit

I'm a Hearts fan, I am also a big football fan

In the past week there has been good chats on the world cup and a very enjoyable trip down memory lane of Football Italia

Think some people need to get over themselves

Would you like to see a separate part of the terrace created for non-hearts related threads? A bit like the console area of the shed. The other alternative is to have a non-Scottish area to be created as this would still allow threads about the other teams in the SPL, the national team and of course lots of threads laughing at the wee team!

Blue is the colour. :lol:

I see the point of having a Hearts forum and a non Hearts football forum but do not have a clue why we would remove non Scots chat though. I can only think that it is your efforts to have a pop at another poster.

My personal view is that I have little interest in football not related to Hearts. I obviously have been enjoying the world cup but when it aint here, I am generally only on the Hearts threads. However, Hibs threads can often be Hearts threads so I would veer towards those also. How would you draw the line? Would you remove all posts NOT involving Hearts from every thread? I don't think it would work.

Simple way to make it go away is to ignore the thread. One of your threads last night had nil responses and was dropping down the forum quickly, the masses voted.:thumbsup:

davemclaren

There is some merit in having a separate forum as some do go OTT BUT, in genera, it's easy to spot the non Hearts threads if you don't like them. However, I'm interested in football generally so find some interesting and would probably miss them on a sub forum.

ToadKiller Dog

Nope we have manged for more than a decade this way works well enough ,even the wind up "blue is the colour" threads have a place and often dont end up

just as another fishing trip by a certain peep but a debate about the merits of the EPL title chasers etc .

I P Knightley

KICKBACK IS MAJESTIC!!??

Shaun - how highly pitched was your voice when you wrote that? :)

To the OP - there's a very simple way of dealing with threads about Chelsea etc. For all you target poster's many faults, failing to identify the subject matter of a thread is not one.

Francis Albert

No. In fact if it was an option I'd vote for reintegrarting the Terrace and the Shed.

But glad there is a poll for it might put a stop to the increasing tendency for people to complain about threads THEY consider irrelevant or boring or embarrassing. Every thread relating to Hibs, especially if it involves a link to Hibs.net is accused of reflecting an "obsession" with them (no we just like laughing at them, always have) and a thread about the World Cup TV presenters offends some peoples idea off what should and what shouldn't be discussed on here.

Personally I dion't much like endless threads picking on individual Hearts players and indulging in OTT and often personally insulting criticism. But I don't want them banned or shunted to a special section. I just don't read them.

Or maybe just a separate part for Chelsea related stuff.

Johanes de Silentio

**** me - are people actually taking this utterly tedious thread seriously, and casting votes? :down:

Geoff Kilpatrick

**** me - are people actually taking this utterly tedious thread seriously, and casting votes? down.gif

I cast a joke vote for a joke thread! thumbsup.gif

**** me - are people actually taking this utterly tedious thread seriously, and casting votes? :down:

it ain't a joke thread. Like another poster said we need to find out what the general opinion is on the subject. Two thirds seem happy with it the way it is so that has cleared it up.

As for those saying it is a personal pop at a fellow poster, it ain't. I like said poster and he often makes me chuckle but it was a dig at the anelka thread which I thought was a totally left field thing to post. Fair enough if there's a Chelsea match on have a match thread or a Ghana match have a match thread etc but to post randomly out of the blue for attention all Chelsea fans because a player had signed a contract extension seems very odd. It annoyed me a little and made me want to demonstrate the irrelevance of it.

As for bighusref, the point of having a non-scots section would mean that the terrace itself would be dedicated to discussions on hearts, the national team and the other spl teams we play week in, week out. Seems pretty logical to me and is my preferred option.

Do one, troll. :down:

As for bighusref, the point of having a non-scots section would mean that the terrace itself would be dedicated to discussions on hearts, the national team and the other spl teams we play week in, week out. Seems pretty logical to me and is my preferred option.

Sorry, it doesn't seem logical to me.

Surely non Hearts football is non Hearts football?

Sorry, it doesn't seem logical to me.

Surely non Hearts football is non Hearts football?

A thread about a rangers player breaking a leg would have an effect on our season so I would like to read about that if I went onto kb as would I like to read about a hibs player spouting they are going to finish third or craig levein chatting about who he may or may not pick. These things relate to our club and our league but for example, a thread about Rooney or Fabregas does not.

The silver lining for me in this is that I can look forward to discussing the exploits of the gunners on here next season without having to use a separate forum.

A thread about a rangers player breaking a leg would have an effect on our season so I would like to read about that if I went onto kb as would I like to read about a hibs player spouting they are going to finish third or craig levein chatting about who he may or may not pick. These things relate to our club and our league but for example, a thread about Rooney or Fabregas does not.

The silver lining for me in this is that I can look forward to discussing the exploits of the gunners on here next season without having to use a separate forum.

:dramaqueen:

Keep this as it is.

This way I can inform all Kickbackers about Plymouth Aryle as I know they are chumping at the bit to find out about the best in the West thumbsup.gif

Teacher, I think you need to lighten up a little on here.

Ryan Gosling

Non. Nein. Nao. Nyet.

TT: what's got into you tonight? You're like a bull in a china shop! I think one of Kickback's many great majesties is the debate about all aspects of football on here is top, top notch, probably unparalleled on most other footie fora. I mentioned this a while back: but in the case of many topical football issues, if you google them, a Kickback thread tends to be very near the top of the search results. I think that's brilliant.

The vast majority of threads on here are about Hearts: and so they should be, especially once we're in pre-season. But right now, we're all having a blast watching and discussing The Greatest Show On Earth. Why not join us? It's great fun. :thumbsup:

I trust this clarifies matters, blah blah blah Chelsea FC blah blah blah Judas Pressley blah blah blah sheep are going to be homeless blah blah blah Rangers FC blah blah blah GIRUY Fat Alex blah blah blah if you don't support England you're a racist blah blah blah have you seen the size of my wad blah blah blah bollocks.

Geniunely the gayest thing you've ever written.

Johanes de Silentio

it ain't a joke thread. Like another poster said we need to find out what the general opinion is on the subject. Two thirds seem happy with it the way it is so that has cleared it up.

As for those saying it is a personal pop at a fellow poster, it ain't. I like said poster and he often makes me chuckle but it was a dig at the anelka thread which I thought was a totally left field thing to post. Fair enough if there's a Chelsea match on have a match thread or a Ghana match have a match thread etc but to post randomly out of the blue for attention all Chelsea fans because a player had signed a contract extension seems very odd. It annoyed me a little and made me want to demonstrate the irrelevance of it.

It is a joke thread in the eyes of those other than yourself.

It quite clearly is a pop a Therapist - his Chelsea threads are pretty lame wind-ups, but your threads on Swansea, Glentoran, and some other mob yesterday, were extremely tedious excercises in trolling - this particular thread, however, is one massive yawn-fest.

Hey, Teacher - leave them kids alone - we don't need no education!

It is a joke thread in the eyes of those other than yourself.

It quite clearly is a pop a Therapist - his Chelsea threads are pretty lame wind-ups, but your threads on Swansea, Glentoran, and some other mob yesterday, were extremely tedious excercises in trolling - this particular thread, however, is one massive yawn-fest.

Hey, Teacher - leave them kids alone - we don't need no education!

Can I just point out that my Aryle thread genuinely wasn't trolling, and thanks Teacher for tarring me with the same brush! verymad.gifverymad.gifverymad.gif

Hope the kids give you hell next term!!!!verymad.gifverymad.gifverymad.gif

Teacher, I think you need to lighten up a little on here.

it's cool, I'm over it. There's been plenty folks moaning about non-hmfc threads for ages so I thought why not find out once and for all the general feeling. It looks about 66% are happy with the way it is which is also cool as I won't feel guilty about starting threads about arsenal. It'll save me the hassle of using two forums to discuss my football interests.

Apologies to all those who got their knickers in such a twist about this matter.

Johanes de Silentio

Can I just point out that my Aryle thread genuinely wasn't trolling, and thanks Teacher for tarring me with the same brush! verymad.gifverymad.gifverymad.gif

The Argyle threads are ok! :thumbsup:

Geniunely the gayest thing you've ever written.

Spot on. And his last paragraph is just a rant. :down:

haha, I've served my penance this session with my class and looking forward to a less 'lively' bunch next year. (after the 7 weeks hols of course!)

The Argyle threads are ok! thumbsup.gif

...and just realised I cant even spell my English team's name...('Aryle') blink.gif

Ah well back onto Harts topics instead...

Teacher, I take it all back and hope you have a wonderful time next term. thumbsup.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

........................."MEH".............................

Gigolo-Aunt

Its pretty simple really, the title of a thread is a huge give away on what the content of the thread is.

"Chelsea in Torres swoop"

"Glen rattles Bingo's cage"

In the event a threat is titled...

"Great Player"

Click on it, see what the content is, and take it from there.

It really ain't rocket science.

Word of advice for the OP, you are having a mare on Kickback - have a good think before you post.

teacher-point.gif

Snake Plissken

You tried Teach.

I understand where you're coming from but it's easy enough to avoid the NHC threads and leave the pretend EPL fans have their little debates.

would have maybe voted if there was a 'couldnt give a flying f***' option but there wasny so there you go

I could just about allow you the R@ng*rs player and Hibs player bit but who Levein may or may not pick for Scotland has nothing to do with Hearts unless we are talking about direct links to Hearts players, which would then surely fall under the umbrella of Hearts related posts.

Seems to me that you want the forum changed so you can have all the threads you want and none of the threads that some others may want. Are you one of those "teachers"?

"Kids, lets put the books aside, I'll tell you what is right and where the books are wrong."

Word of advice for the OP, you are having a mare on Kickback - have a good think before you post.

teacher-point.gif

Thanks GA, your opinion means so much to me. :whistling::whistling:

I could just about allow you the R@ng*rs player and Hibs player bit but who Levein may or may not pick for Scotland has nothing to do with Hearts unless we are talking about direct links to Hearts players, which would then surely fall under the umbrella of Hearts related posts.

Seems to me that you want the forum changed so you can have all the threads you want and none of the threads that some others may want. Are you one of those "teachers"?

"Kids, lets put the books aside, I'll tell you what is right and where the books are wrong."

Not at all, just wanted the debate drawn to a sensible conclusion through a poll. If KB stays the way it is then I am more than happy as like I said I won't feel bad about posting AArsenal threads as I know the majority welcome non-hearts content. :thumbsup:

Gigolo-Aunt

Thanks GA, your opinion means so much to me. :whistling::whistling:

Well, you started a thread asking opinions.

As one of Kickbacks Premiership posters, you might want to listen.

thumbsup.gif

We use the internet these days mostly. :thumbsup:

Well, you started a thread asking opinions.

As one of Kickbacks Premiership posters, you might want to listen.

thumbsup.gif

Recently relegated to League One non?

Apologies Teach, Non Hearts content.

Gigolo-Aunt

Recently relegated to League One non?

Apologies Teach, Non Hearts content.

wednesday_on_pitch_with_cup_400x300.jpg

You cant go back.

sad.gif

Archived