Wimbledon

Boof

Can anybody be ersed to summarise what's happened so far?

If it's not alll that interesting, don't bother. Just want to hear about upsets, arguments, controversy etc. but can't be ersed myself looking elsewhere.

I P Knightley

Can anybody be ersed to summarise what's happened so far?

If it's not alll that interesting, don't bother. Just want to hear about upsets, arguments, controversy etc. but can't be ersed myself looking elsewhere.

OK.

It started with Shaun posting a thread that discussed Andy Murray's chances (beaten finalist, iirc) and saying that World Cup would do him good - deflecting hype and attention. Then others chipped in with their predictions and then John gave us a good punchline about Virginia Wade (YT having acted straight man to set it up).

We got through the first page with minimal input from the "he's a Hobo - hope he loses" brigade and then the matches started today. Quite a lot of discussion about Federer struggling in his opening match but, of course, he lasted the distance although a number of posters seemed concerned about the lack of support given by the Wimbledon crowd to the underdog. Between you and me, I think the JKB consensus is a little anti-Federer.

On the back of Federer's shaky start, there were a few hurriedly revised predictions for the tournament.

We lasted until mid-afternoon before Raffles chipped in with a typically bumptious statement that Murray is a 'loser and bottler' as well as jumping to some hideously premature conclusion about the Queen. A few well-crafted responses to that put him in his place and only later in the evening did we return to discussing the tennis and, in particular, Djokovic's match which only finished (in his favour) just before you posted.

Happy to summarise the JKB Wimbledon activity for you but some nights, I'll be concentrating on the World Cup.

Archived