Two new pigs

Boomstick

The missus and I got two new guinea pigs the other day. Now we have three.

They started fighting with the one we had before so we're keeping them apart.

They have shite names though. Along with Mr. Squiggles we now have Doodles and (Dear lord) Mr. Pinkletoes.

They're big ###### too.

I would ******* hope so! I'm only 22. Any kids knocking about with my face would come as a horrible surprise.

londonjambo

The missus and I got two new guinea pigs the other day. Now we have three.

They started fighting with the one we had before so we're keeping them apart.

They have shite names though. Along with Mr. Squiggles we now have Doodles and (Dear lord) Mr. Pinkletoes.

They're big ###### too.

Next time, you should just let your missus decide on the names huh.gif

GC

Next time, you should just let your missus decide on the names huh.gif

GC

I actually did name one of them. Doodles. The damage was already done with Mr. Squiggles and Mr. Pinkletoes...

Say What Again

What do Guinea Pigs taste like ??

Quick jaunt to Peru and you can find out for yourself.

It's called Cuy.

cuy_roasting.jpg

o-cuy.jpg

If I'm ever in Peru I will definately try some...I just think it looks weird, why wouldn't you take the meat off the bone and shred it, pull it or fillet it?

I can imagine you would be able to do something like pulled pork (easy now!) with it.

I ate 2 in front of my vegetarian girlfriend.

I also made them dance first......

And forced myself to eat the second.

:)

CavySlaveJambo

Boomstick

Pigatures.

Nice. Yeah with the males you need to bond Mr Squiggles with a baby.

Boomstick

Pigatures.

Nice. Yeah with the males you need to bond Mr Squiggles with a baby.

Of that I'm sure Squiggles seems to fight more with Doodles than Pnikletoes. I doubt it'll take much longer than a week to get them properly integrated.

The worst thing is Doodles is my favourite and he's the one that Squiggles seems to fight with most.

It'll work out.

Pictures to follow.

Harry Palmer

Guinea Pigs....noisy feckers. If they're not sqeaking they're chewing at the water pipe....

What's the point?

Guinea Pigs....noisy feckers. If they're not sqeaking they're chewing at the water pipe....

What's the point?

They live in the garage so I can't hear them.

They're cute as ****.

rossthejambo

Of that I'm sure Squiggles seems to fight more with Doodles than Pnikletoes. I doubt it'll take much longer than a week to get them properly integrated.

The worst thing is Doodles is my favourite and he's the one that Squiggles seems to fight with most.

It'll work out.

Pictures to follow.

Those names are class :laugh:

Just a warning for you...if one of them dies, the other Guinea Pigs WILL eat the carcass. I found that out at a young age and can assure you that I will not be getting any of the little ****ers again.

Rabbits and dogs are the only pets I would get now.

Those names are class :laugh:

Just a warning for you...if one of them dies, the other Guinea Pigs WILL eat the carcass. I found that out at a young age and can assure you that I will not be getting any of the little ****ers again.

We have a rabbit called Simba. It's an attention seeking Mo'fo, but it's safe to say she Completes me.

A couple of weeks back we left the back door open and a Squirrel ran in the house and jumped on Simba's cage, poor girl just about shat herself.

Grey Squirrels - GTF. Would love to see the Peruvians make light work of them.

londonjambo

I actually did name one of them. Doodles. The damage was already done with Mr. Squiggles and Mr. Pinkletoes...

With three of them, it should have been obvious.

Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh

No messing about

GC

With three of them, it should have been obvious.

Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh

No messing about

GC

Aye but then one dies and we have Conn, Bauld and Squeaky...

CavySlaveJambo

they are completely "fibrevores" and the only time they eat the dead is a mum will eat a stillborn mini.

rossthejambo

they are completely "fibrevores" and the only time they eat the dead is a mum will eat a stillborn mini.

Well that's not what happened with mine. I had 2 guinea pigs that were about 2 and one of them died. Found it whilst the other was tucking into it's pal.

CavySlaveJambo

Well that's not what happened with mine. I had 2 guinea pigs that were about 2 and one of them died. Found it whilst the other was tucking into it's pal.

they sniff each other to know they are dead.

DSCN8979.jpg

Pinkletoes is the blackish one.

Doodles is the ginger and white one.

Those names are class laugh.gif

I found a wee tiny black and white rabbit in my garden a few weeks back. I presume it was chased under the fence by a dog or a fox or summit as it was really scared and nervous. It obviously felt safe in the garden though as its closed off from the street and it used to hide under my hut or between the fence panels, and then come out when it felt safe. Anyway, after a couple of days the little ******* started eating all of our flowers so I decided I'd catch it and call the SSPCA to come and take it away (the kids wanted to keep it).

Phase 1 - Hide round the side of the house, wait till rabbit is round the other side of garden, get Mrs (who is watching the rabbits whereabouts from the house) to text me so I can bolt over to the access point between the fence panels and block them off.

The thing was badword' rapid (and on edge) so that took 3 attempts.

Phase 2 - Wait till it came out from under the hut and again try to bolt over and stuff the access point full of towels. Again, a couple of attempts before I got this done.

Phase 3 - Get the tools for the job, put on my best rabbit catchers face and catch the rabbit. Surely this must be the easy bit.

So, there I was, armed with the washing basket trying to corner this wee thing running about the garden like a badword greyhound on speed. Tbh, the wee thing ripped the piss right out of me for well over an hour, probably nearer 2. I was sweating like a beast. Anyway, eventually I get it in the upturned washing basket, stick a rock on the top and call SSPCA to take the annoying little **** away.

Woman (pretty tidy too) comes out and tells us that she reckons it was a pet that someone has just thrown out as there were not reports anywhere round out area of a lost rabbit. (wee boy starts getting upset at the thought of someone being so cruel) She also tells us that despite them not having room to house it that she would take it away anyway and try and find somewhere to put it. (wee boy gets a tear in his eye). She then picks up the rabbit and asks if the wee boy wants to clap it. (wee boy and mum gang up and plead with me to keep it as out pet).

Long story short tongue.gif , I now have a rabbit too and it was named twitchy.

CavySlaveJambo

yay. Sheltie (Pinkletoes) and a tricolour in the same colours as my Blaze.

Haircuts and a comb would be a good idea for Pinkletoes! My Sheltie, is really quite short at the moment.

Archived