UK Charts

andy1874hmfc

andy1874hmfc

It's good to finally see a ROCK band getting into the charts....

Oasis.jpg

Oasis got number 1 album this week.

Makes a change from all the cheesy, auto tuned RnB pish that has been clogging up the chart the past couple of years.

heartsfc_fan

Oasis.jpg

Makes a change from all the cheesy, auto tuned RnB pish that has been clogging up the chart the past couple of years.

This, this and this again.

I was out shopping with the girlfriend in the car yesterday and put on radio forth 1. The "chart" music is garbage (or the majority of it is anyway). Utter pesh.

Oasis.jpg

There's plenty of cheesy, generic indie / rock pish that has been clogging up the charts for years too, just like Oasis.

The charts rarely if ever has any interesting or original music.

Not sure I've ever considered Oasis "rock".

Chart music is terrible though. I struggle to understand who buys half of it to put it in there in the first place.

scott_jambo

There's plenty of cheesy, generic indie / rock pish that has been clogging up the charts for years too, just like Oasis.

The charts rarely if ever has any interesting or original music.

You and Cigaro are spot on. Whats sad is that bands that are formerly good change their sound to 'generic indie/rock pish' to get in the charts and make a few quid. Why is the most 'popular' music always the pishest?

You and Cigaro are spot on. Whats sad is that bands that are formerly good change their sound to 'generic indie/rock pish' to get in the charts and make a few quid. Why is the most 'popular' music always the pishest?

Because the majority of the general public have an IQ that is lower than their waistband size. Britain is full of fat idiots. This is why newspapers like the Sun and the Daily Star are still in business. Take a walk down your local highstreet and you'll see a disgusting amount of retarded blobs, waddling their way to the dole office to get their giro so they can go and get a bag of chips.

Most people dont want to form their own opinions, they want to be told what to like.

The charts are for 14 year old girls anyway, why people get annoyed about them is beyond me.

scott_jambo

Because the majority of the general public have an IQ that is lower than their waistband size. Britain is full of fat idiots. This is why newspapers like the Sun and the Daily Star are still in business. Take a walk down your local highstreet and you'll see a disgusting amount of retarded blobs, waddling their way to the dole office to get their giro so they can go and get a bag of chips.

Most people dont want to form their own opinions, they want to be told what to like.

The charts are for 14 year old girls anyway, why people get annoyed about them is beyond me.

Agreed. But with the bit in bold, the chart reflects number of records purchased, so the chart reflects what music is being rewarded financially. Generic pish making thousands/millions of pounds and getting the best record deals is a bit depressing at times although i dont spend much time thinking about it.

As Chris Moyles said - "Lady Gaga shits gold"....the fat motormouthed hypocrite that he is.

EDIT: LAdy Gaga is mince, but there is even worse pish in the charts than her. Depressing stuff.

andy1874hmfc

Oasis = Rock?

Your having a laugh :lol:

Go to iTunes and check the genre for '(What's The Story) Morning Glory' dry.gif

I say this as a huge Oasis fan. I already own all of the songs on that album, some of them I own on original cd's two or three times over. Struggling to understand where this is any different from Don't stop the clocks.

There not rock mate.Pish not Rock!

Def Maybe was a good record as was half of Morning Glory but they have done nothing since then.

Dave Spacey
Aye' date=' but Oasis are pish[/quote']

Just like the rest of the stuff in the charts

And iTunes genre's is be all and end all?

It worries me that iTunes defines your life.

Please note: I am a fan of Oasis (certainly of the older stuff), I just wouldn't class them as being 'Rock'.

andy1874hmfc

I say this as a huge Oasis fan. I already own all of the songs on that album, some of them I own on original cd's two or three times over. Struggling to understand where this is any different from Don't stop the clocks.

CD3 of Time Flies has 20 live tracks which, to me, makes it worth the ?10 or whatever it costs

And iTunes genre's is be all and end all?

It worries me that iTunes defines your life.

Please note: I am a fan of Oasis (certainly of the older stuff), I just wouldn't class them as being 'Rock'.

Who said my life was iTunes defined my life? I just think that surely iTunes is a reliable source because it is the most popular way to download music.

Indie.

Indie? :blink:

Who said my life was iTunes defined my life? I just think that surely iTunes is a reliable source because it is the most popular way to download music.

Out of interest does iTunes (I don't use it) have an 'Alternative' genre? If so, do Oasis come up under that?

Apologies for the dig, I just don't see how Oasis could be classed as 'Rock'. If they are then bands like Queen, Guns N' Roses etc should be classed as 'Death Metal'.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Out of interest does iTunes (I don't use it) have an 'Alternative' genre? If so, do Oasis come up under that?

Apologies for the dig, I just don't see how Oasis could be classed as 'Rock'. If they are then bands like Queen, Guns N' Roses etc should be classed as 'Death Metal'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBZ1HTkGF4s

Oasis are a rock band.

Dave Spacey

They are a "rock" band, but it is alternative rock, that sort of middle of the road, radio friendly pap. Whereas Guns N' Roses should be probably be classed as Heavy metal, or at least Hard Rock. Not too sure about Queen tbh

They are a "rock" band, but it is alternative rock, that sort of middle of the road, radio friendly pap. Whereas Guns N' Roses should be probably be classed as Heavy metal, or at least Hard Rock. Not too sure about Queen tbh

Queen are more 'Rock' than Oasis will ever be! ;)

andy1874hmfc

Some of Oasis' albums on iTunes are classed as 'Alternative Rock' and some are classed as just 'Rock'.

Some of Oasis' albums on iTunes are classed as 'Alternative Rock' and some are classed as just 'Rock'.

But if were honest there just utter pish :yucky:

andy1874hmfc

But if were honest there just utter pish :yucky:

*they're

Everyone has their own opinion thumbsup.gif

Archived