White coat syndrome

IronJambo

My other half is having knee surgery today so i've come to the hospital with her to show some support. I'm not good with hospitals though and its took a whole 20 minutes for me to almost crumple on the floor. I thought I'd be ok this time. I'm sat on the steps outside the royal London trying to decide whether to brave it again or go home. Anyone else pass out in hospitals for no reason?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Guest Ash Cloud

My other half is having knee surgery today so i've come to the hospital with her to show some support. I'm not good with hospitals though and its took a whole 20 minutes for me to almost crumple on the floor. I thought I'd be ok this time. I'm sat on the steps outside the royal London trying to decide whether to brave it again or go home. Anyone else pass out in hospitals for no reason?

First time i knew i didnt like needles was when i took the wife up to simpsons when she was preggers stood and watched her get blood taken the last thing i seen before the lights went out was the needle puncturing her skin then i slowley came to sitting on a seat surrounded by medical staff now i just wait in waiting rooms its much more dignified .

I feel your pain ash. I struggle to even deal with waiting rooms tho! I'm back in the ward on a chair now and I can deal with the random rising pressure to my head better when I'm sat down.

I was with my wife when she went into theatre to have a C-Section to have our Daughter. I was told to talk to her as she wouldn't feel anything but Just to keep her occupied. She asked me what was happening and like a right ****Y I looked over the wee tent thing Just as they were lifting my daughter out, looked like the wifes Guts where everywhere, just lying on top of her yucky.gif Strangely after leaving the Hospital at 11.15pm I really fancied Kebab mellow.gif

When my Son was born, again a C-Section I asked her Mother if she would like to go in with her so I could watch my daughter...Major Brownie points from both the wife and MiL!! whistling.gif

Guest Red Mist

I'm with you all the way buddy! I avoid routes that take me near hospitals, I'll ignore health problems in the vain hope that they'll go away just so I don't have to visit the hospital. I ******* ******* ******* hate them.

My Mum had jaundice a few months back and even spared me going to visit her - she said I had to phone her everyday instead. This makes me an irrational idiot, which I realise, but I am trying to get over my phobia.

I was with my wife when she went into theatre to have a C-Section to have our Daughter. I was told to talk to her as she wouldn't feel anything but Just to keep her occupied. She asked me what was happening and like a right ****Y I looked over the wee tent thing Just as they were lifting my daughter out, looked like the wifes Guts where everywhere, just lying on top of her yucky.gif Strangely after leaving the Hospital at 11.15pm I really fancied Kebab mellow.gif

When my Son was born, again a C-Section I asked her Mother if she would like to go in with her so I could watch my daughter...Major Brownie points from both the wife and MiL!! whistling.gif

Jesus christ man! Thats minging.

Why anyone would want to see a baby being born in real life is beyond me. It was bad enough in sex ed when they showed the video! When I have a kid, I want the Mrs to disappear into a room pregnant and reappear thin again, holding a 3 year old kid that can speak and behaves well. Preferably with their own source of income.

Carl Fredrickson

Jesus christ man! Thats minging.

Why anyone would want to see a baby being born in real life is beyond me. It was bad enough in sex ed when they showed the video! When I have a kid, I want the Mrs to disappear into a room pregnant and reappear thin again, holding a 3 year old kid that can speak and behaves well. Preferably with their own source of income.

I said the same but things may change for you as they did for me

The Real Maroonblood

It's these nurses' uniforms that does it.

blondejamtart

My husband sat and watched the whole thing both times when I needed emergency C-sections with both our children. Didn't bother him in the slightest. Think he was quite fascinated by the process, actually. They could have taken down the wee tent thing and let me watch too - wouldn't have bothered me either.

My husband sat and watched the whole thing both times when I needed emergency C-sections with both our children. Didn't bother him in the slightest. Think he was quite fascinated by the process, actually. They could have taken down the wee tent thing and let me watch too - wouldn't have bothered me either.

My wife felt the same...But ALL women are insane. It's the only way that child birth continues, There's NO WAY I'd put myself through that. I love both of my kids more than anything But HATE Pain!!tongue.gif

I hate the thought of Surgery, I can watch documentaries on most surgical practises but for some Reason anything to do with Eyes freaks me out! mellow.gif

I have a Donor card, I signed up when someone posted on JKB about Donors, Anyway, I have agreed to donate everything except the Corneas. Even when I'm dead I can't stand the thought of anyone touching my eyes. I can't even think about wearing Contacts!! yucky.gif

My wife felt the same...But ALL women are insane. It's the only way that child birth continues, There's NO WAY I'd put myself through that. I love both of my kids more than anything But HATE Pain!!tongue.gif

I hate the thought of Surgery, I can watch documentaries on most surgical practises but for some Reason anything to do with Eyes freaks me out! mellow.gif

I have a Donor card, I signed up when someone posted on JKB about Donors, Anyway, I have agreed to donate everything except the Corneas. Even when I'm dead I can't stand the thought of anyone touching my eyes. I can't even think about wearing Contacts!! yucky.gif

Funnily enough I said aye to everything when I signed up apart from eyes...don't know why...is there any kind of old belief about not messing with people's eyes?

It's these nurses' uniforms that does it.

my ex is a nurse and her uniform used to terrify me. imagine getting mrsa in your knob :down:

well, i got through today without major incident. after coming very close to keeling over first thing i managed to get a seat and after a ropey couple of hours i managed heroicly well. lots of caffiene and sugar helped.

The Real Maroonblood

my ex is a nurse and her uniform used to terrify me. imagine getting mrsa in your knob :down:

well, i got through today without major incident. after coming very close to keeling over first thing i managed to get a seat and after a ropey couple of hours i managed heroicly well. lots of caffiene and sugar helped.

Well done.

:thumbsup:

Melbourne Jambo

Funnily enough I said aye to everything when I signed up apart from eyes...don't know why...is there any kind of old belief about not messing with people's eyes?

Exactly the same with me when I signed up, they can have everythng except the eyes. Not sure why either, just don't want to think of myself in a coffin with empty eye sockets i think!

Archived