Which circle of Dante's Inferno are you doomed for?

blondejamtart

well im fu**ed ....no real surprise

Ninth Level of Hell - Cocytus

This is the deepest level of hell, where the fallen angel Satan himself resides. His wings flap eternally, producing chilling cold winds that freeze the thick ice found in Cocytus. The three faces of Satan, black, red, and yellow, can be seen with mouths gushing bloody foam and eyes forever weeping, as they chew on the three traitors, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. This place is furthest removed from the source of all light and warmth. Sinners here are frozen deep in the ice, faces out, eyes and mouths frozen shut. Traitors against God, country, family, and benefactors lament their sins in this frigid pit of despair.

No surprise, I'm going to purgatory.

Purgatory

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

If only there was such a place, there's absolutely no mention of it in the bible, you'd think God wouldn't forget something so crucial.

Fifth Level of Hell

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Sounds like me!

Fifth Level of Hell

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Sounds like me!

I got the same as this. :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

I could have gone to any number of them (scored Very High in half the options! :laugh:), but I'm going to level 2 - Lustful Hell.

This pleases me.

barry_white-2.jpg

'Do you think a pimp is a good thing to be?'

Second Level of hell Lustful

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

Threesome :woot:

linkin- hearts

well im fu**ed ....no real surprise

Ninth Level of Hell - Cocytus

This is the deepest level of hell, where the fallen angel Satan himself resides. His wings flap eternally, producing chilling cold winds that freeze the thick ice found in Cocytus. The three faces of Satan, black, red, and yellow, can be seen with mouths gushing bloody foam and eyes forever weeping, as they chew on the three traitors, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. This place is furthest removed from the source of all light and warmth. Sinners here are frozen deep in the ice, faces out, eyes and mouths frozen shut. Traitors against God, country, family, and benefactors lament their sins in this frigid pit of despair.

Sounds a bit like Vlad's house after a meeting with the "Riccarton 3":whistling:

Guest C00l K1d

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

:mellow:

Auld Reekin'

Purgatory

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

If only there was such a place, there's absolutely no mention of it in the bible, you'd think God wouldn't forget something so crucial.

Whoever was editing the final draft maybe thought it wasn't critical to the plot, or slowed the pace of the narrative down too much... mellow.gifwink.gif

Anyway, the sixth circle for me: I'm sure I'll be in good company there!!! woot.gif

Johanes de Silentio

Fifth Level of Hell

Dante - classy! :thumbsup:

blondejamtart

Looks like there will quite a few Kickbackers languishing in the sixth circle then...

At least I'll have company! tongue.gif

It'd be an odd religion that did everything - or to be more precise didnt do everything - mentioned in the bible. If you're gonna believe in something, why not go crazy? It takes a huge amount of scriptural gymnastics to work around the contradictions in the bible, so instead of having it as a divine work, it seems fair enough to me to simply treat it as a book by humans for humans. At that anything that comes after it is just as worthy. It gets a sort of mention in one of the gospels that didnt make the final cut (i think peter. not sure though), so its all good.

I wrote that then did the test and guess what i got.

Level 6 - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

No surprise there then.

Looks like there will quite a few Kickbackers languishing in the sixth circle then...

At least I'll have company! tongue.gif

Aye, I'm on a one way ticket there myself

Eigth Level of Hell - the Malebolge

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

its clearly wrong when a mate of mine got 7 and is way more badass than me

The Old Tolbooth

I must have been really bad, it said go to hell, straight to hell, and do not pass go or collect ?200, then it showed me a picture of where I can expect to go :huh:

Easter_Road.jpg

Guest Ash Cloud

Level 5 for me which if im being honest doesnt really tickle my fancy a lot of pain for little gain, can you swap levels with other sinners like fitbaw stickers that way you could get the level of repentance you desire ..

Hannibal Lecter

Seventh Level of Hell

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who follo

If you're down at level 5 you're telling pork pies to get yourself a better deal.

2's and 3's can't ever have left their houses.

jamboinglasgow

I am purgatory, I feel a bit of a let down

Purgatory

Me too. Read the book last year and thought thats where I'd be. Could be worse I suppose.

ring-of-fire

Same here, doesnt seem to be that many folk going here though, might start thinking that "being a pimp is a good thing" and get sent to the 7th level, sounds like much more of a party.

Either that or be good for a bit in hope that I get that 3 way with Cleopatra! :thumbsup:

Cappuccino Kid

Second Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

Did it again and got sent to Purgatory. Think it's a step up from level 6 but in case it's not, I hope the rest of you sinners burn in the eternal fires of damnation..........Enjoy

Fifth Level of Hell

I cannie wait it will be a nice holiday for me.

No wife and kids and a afterlife of sin :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

How do we know if there are such levels and that they are as described..?

You would go mental if it ended up being butlins.No one could take that pain

ok so looks like im on my own in level 9, really should have said i believe in God and maybe answered the sodomy question differently :whistling:

Is it just me.....

or does that sound remarkably like a visit to Easter Road?

:blink:

Cause otherwise they'd get their asses whuped by Trading Standards, and chucked out of ABTA.

:thumb:

I P Knightley

ok so looks like im on my own in level 9, really should have said i believe in God and maybe answered the sodomy question differently whistling.gif

:biglaugh:

I couldn't get past level 2, such is the scale of my purity.

PsychocAndy

Second Level of Hell

I'm headed for the 7th Level.

That'll teach me to seduce people and lose intrest while touching myself inappropriately :P

Archived