Watch this, then try to tell me that you don't have WORLD CUP FEVER.

Acey

The crushing dissapointment is that Scotland wont be there again. There is nothing like watching your own country compete in the world cup. Sadly a generation of young people in our country will barely remember what that is like.

This will be first world cup over here and i know i should be supporting Australia to some extent but i really cant, they are so sup themselves and 'soccer' as most of them still refer to it is at best 4th on their list of importance but they still think they have a chance of winning it!!!

Anyway back to the world cup itself, the first one i watched was in '78 i was 7 and fell in love with the concept and the spectacle, in some ways i was treated to what it means to be Scottish, totally underestimating Peru, embarrassed by Iran but the sheer joy of the game against holland and gemmils goal and watching my dad scream the house down with every turn and Every player he went past will live with me for ever, seeing probably the best Argentina team of all time win and win with style was exceptional....roll on friday and watching games at some ungodly hour but it will be worth every sleepless night :thumbsup:

Err...South Africa is only around an hour different in time from the UK. The latest kick offs are around 8pm UK time.

Cannot fecking wait.

Bit perplexed at the folk who aren't arsed at how Scotland get on compared to Hearts.

It doesn't have to be one or the other and nights like Scotlands win in Paris are right up there for me in terms of how I've felt with what Hearts have done so christ knows what it'd be like if we ever get to another tournament.

It's also good to be able to go to the pub with your pals and watch a game where you are all supporting the same side!

I was at the Parc De Princes that night and at the home game against the French too. Fantastic nights and as good a feeling as can be experienced in football, perhaps 2nd only to Hearts winning trophies.

Greedy_Jambo

I wasn't gonna bother my arse with the world cup but i've been encouraged to put bets on to get me interested again!

Started off at work with everyone putting ?2.50 into a kitty and picking out a random team. I got argentina!

So if Argentina win i get ?80.

Gonna put a couple of bets on with betfair aswell to keep me interested in the whole thing.

Err...South Africa is only around an hour different in time from the UK. The latest kick offs are around 8pm UK time.

But I think teepee's in Australia. :ninja:

But I think teepee's in Australia. :ninja:

Fair enough. Something I would have known if Location's hadn't been turned off!

Fair enough. Something I would have known if Location's hadn't been turned off!

Yes i am in Australia hence the silly o'clock kick off times, not me being some kind of geographical starved idiot.

Only four more sleeps until it all begins. Sleep tight, kiddies.

smile.gif

Yeeeeha.

It's here.

Does anyone know if the SA v Mexico game is going to be on the ITV website as i'll be stuck in the office for that one..

Archived