51st Highland Brigade and others

Debtor

'How the Rest Got Home' is a 30 minute prog on Radio 4 about those left behind after Dunkirk. About 100,000 got home afterwards, some after becoming POW's.

For those interested this programme (available only for another few days)is well worth a listen. Men from many regiments including the 51st Highland Brigade are featured. 'How the Rest Got Home'

'How the Rest Got Home' is a 30 minute prog on Radio 4 about those left behind after Dunkirk. About 100,000 got home afterwards, some after becoming POW's.

For those interested this programme (available only for another few days)is well worth a listen. Men from many regiments including the 51st Highland Brigade are featured. 'How the Rest Got Home'

I thought some would be interested in this?

Sorry Debtor, I started listening to it at work earlier on thanks to your thread.

Very interesting indeed.

Essential listening I would say.

Sorry Debtor, I started listening to it at work earlier on thanks to your thread.

Very interesting indeed.

Essential listening I would say.

Aye, I thought of you amongst others as being interested.

Excellent tale from them men.

Aye, I thought of you amongst others as being interested.

Excellent tale from them men.

The part where the chap said he was only given 5 rounds of ammunition beggared belief!

Frankie Pal

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. As I have posted before, my father was captured at St Valery-en-Caux and spent 5 years in a POW camp in Poland.

Archived