Best place for Sunday breakfast/brunch in auld reekie ?

Drew Busby !

Drew Busby !

The younsgster has a sleepover at the grandparents tonight. Thinking about taking the wife somewhere tomorrow for Sunday breakfast/brunch (what a guy...)

Any recommendations ?

I know that the big supermarkets are good value but I mean somewhere with a wee touch of class !

Commander Harris
The younsgster has a sleepover at the grandparents tonight. Thinking about taking the wife somewhere tomorrow for Sunday breakfast/brunch (what a guy...)

Any recommendations ?

I know that the big supermarkets are good value but I mean somewhere with a wee touch of class !

how classy are you wanting? If a decent pub will do you rather, than a restaurant, "Indigo yard" at the west end do a nice brunch.

Jambojohnnyboy

I'll be perfectly honest, I've never had breakfast at Ikea but have heard it's ok, have no idea how much it costs.

But judging by the comment above, must be dirt cheap, just like the hot dogs!

Any recommendations ?

Try Porto & Fi down at Newhaven. Newly opened, very good and has the kind of clientele most places can only dream of (i.e. I sometimes grace them with my custom).

Montpelier's up in Bruntsfield used to be excellent

Was there the other day for breakfast - still good - but I would recommend any of the Olive Branch places.

Mmmm

Specially the bacon and mushroom ciabatta ... mmm

jamboinheaven
I'll be perfectly honest, I've never had breakfast at Ikea but have heard it's ok, have no idea how much it costs.

But judging by the comment above, must be dirt cheap, just like the hot dogs!

it costs a quid

The Kings Wark on the Shore does a fantastic brunch. Worth phoning first though as it is generally very busy.

broxburnjambo
The Kings Wark on the Shore does a fantastic brunch. Worth phoning first though as it is generally very busy.

Have to second that, the Kings Wark does a fantastic breakfast.

davemclaren
Make her brekkie in bed - should be good for many Brownie points ;)

Surely the frying pan would cause oil splashes all over the duvet? Wouldn't please my wife. :P

lucas at bruntfields is always worth a shout for some really nice pancakes!

grumpyjambo
Surely the frying pan would cause oil splashes all over the duvet? Wouldn't please my wife. :P

More fun having yogurt for breakfast in bed!! ;)

Say What Again

So much so that the last time the missus and I went we waited over half an hour from being seated to being served.

I had no tea left by the time my breakfast arrived :eek::P

It's nice, but not worth a half hour wait.

Father Tiresias

casper took his missus to the Koffee Pot in Gorgie Road.

Massive breakfast for ?6 all in!!! :P

Drew Busby !

Thanks to all for the suggestions, and will try a few of them out over time.

At the end of the day, the wife pointed out the bleeding obvious place for us to go, which is Cafe Renroc about 200 yards from our front door.

http://www.list.co.uk/place/102881-cafe-renroc/

Had never been to the downstairs area before and it's really an incredibly imaginative place. And it did a bloody good breakfast :thumb:

Archived