Today's new striker

buca junior

buca junior

Today's Daily Mail linking Hearts with Sheridan of Celtic and James Brown of Hartlepool (and Soccer Saturday fame)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Today's Daily Mail linking Hearts with Sheridan of Celtic and James Brown of Hartlepool (and Soccer Saturday fame)

I would take Sheridan, don't know Brown... Is he the sourt of soul we need?

Howdy Doody Jambo

James Brown of Hartlepool to Hearts , i feel good

I would take Sheridan, don't know Brown... Is he the sourt of soul we need?

I'll go crazy if we sign James Brown. He needs to get on the good foot though....

BOOM BOOM.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'll go crazy if we sign James Brown. He needs to get on the good foot though....

BOOM BOOM.

But will he 'get up' and win as many headers as Kyle would?

But will he 'get up' and win as many headers as Kyle would?

Please, please, please let him sign for us.

Take them both... exactly the sort of players I'd like to see at Hearts... whilst KK would be an improvement... these guys would signal that we mean business for next season!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: from me!

Go get em Vlad!

Gigolo-Aunt

Always thought Sheridan was a decent enough player.

More than likely its papers trying to fill up space in their rag's.

The Incredible Sulk

I think we're gonna be linked with every mediocre striker in the UK before the transfer window ends. <_<

mahgrassyshoes

I feel nice...

They'd be a good pair... like sugar and spice.

Bob Fossil

James Brown was apparently on the "night train" from hartlepool last night as is scheduled to meet "the boss" today.

Also linked with Cyril Thereau as per Wiki

Cyril has recently been linked to a host of French clubs after telling a Belgian daily newspaper he wants a return to his home country, Leeds United and Hearts of Midlothian have also shown a keen intrest in the sought after marksman. The fee Charleroi are after is thought to be around ?50,000.

Sorry if posted elsewhwere.

The Incredible Sulk

Cyril has recently been linked to a host of French clubs after telling a Belgian daily newspaper he wants a return to his home country, Leeds United and Hearts of Midlothian have also shown a keen intrest in the sought after marksman. The fee Charleroi are after is thought to be around ?50,000.

Thereau looks like a decent striker - he's tall and a good finisher.

I'm just not gonna get my hopes up about anyone until they sign on the dotted line.

Tokyo Drifter

Seriously though, Sheridan would be a good catch but I thought Celtic wanted him back after his loan spell? I'd be surprised if they let him go.

Suspect Device

ahh, could we see the return of that classic 70's song

"nice one Cyril , nice one son ,

nice one Cyril , lets have another one"

:teehee:

Nah, Brown said "Take it to the Bridge" so Chelsea are signing him.

Bridge of doom perhaps? uh oh... :ninja:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

James Brown,

j_brown1228.jpg

I bet he is still faster and fitter than Nade.

Certainly scored more often... BAZINGA!!

must be true about Cillian Sheridan its in tonights Edinburgh Evening News

:whistling::whistling:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-aim-for-Celtic-striker.6326568.

Hearts aim for Celtic striker Cillian Sheridan

Published Date: 28 May 2010

By BARRY ANDERSON

HEARTS are interested in the Celtic striker Cillian Sheridan but face stiff competition for the player's signature from clubs in Scotland and on the continent.

Manager Jim Jefferies and majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov are pondering a move for the 21-year-old Irishman, who could cost around ?300,000-plus as he is under contract at Parkhead.

Sheridan has been recommended to Jefferies as the kind of player who could potentially improve Hearts' goalscoring ratio. He also fits Romanov's criteria for purchasing players as a young, prospering forward who would command a moderate transfer fee but who harbours genuine sell-on potential.

Jefferies is interested but Hearts have yet to make an official approach. Several other clubs in Scotland have contacted Celtic inquiring about him and there is strong interest from Europe. Sheridan is known to be keen to test himself abroad.

Despite failing to establish himself as a first-team regular with Celtic, he made his international debut for the Republic of Ireland against Paraguay in a friendly this week. He has also spent time on loan at Motherwell, Plymouth Argyle and St Johnstone in recent seasons.

Hearts, meanwhile, have confirmed a pre-season friendly against English League One club Gillingham at the KRBS Priestfield Stadium on Thursday, 29 July.

The match will kick off at 7:45pm, two nights after Hearts' friendly with Dunfermline at East End Park. The Edinburgh club will head for London immediately after the Gillingham fixture to face Millwall in Neil Harris's testimonial, which takes place two days later on Saturday, 31 July.

"We were looking for a game before the Millwall match and this fits in nicely," said Jefferies. "We play Gillingham on the Thursday and then have the game on the Saturday and we'll come back up after that one

Well if James Brown is signed he will be desperate to do well against the Hobos -- see below

'However during pre-season, Brown ruptured his cruciate ligament against Hibernian and missed the majority of the subsequent season.'

Might give him another incentive -- he has talent but if truth be told an injury hit career so far with 2 cruciate injuries to date.

However if he was over them then has promise but no more than that at present.

Roscoe P Coltrane

Maybe we should sign the Ebbsfleet player named as the scorer just under Jeff there.

Although we have just got rid of a Gash Michael......

If Brown is injury-prone, maybe Scottish football isn't for him. After all, it's a man's man's man's world.

Archived