Warren Feeney

gazzajt

Sorry if already posted!

JJ is interested in signing this player from Cardiff, (Daily Ranker)

I think IMO he played quite well , when on loan to Dundee Utd,

He likes the fact that he can also play deeper as well as through the middle, and sees him as a valuable asset, maybe to play alongside KK.

Sorry if already posted!

He likes the fact that he can also play deeper as well as through the middle, and sees him as a valuable asset, maybe to play alongside KK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Feeney

Was mentioned on here maybe a week or so ago.

Cant remember the overall response it got as didnt follow too closely

Personally I dont think he is the answer and looking at his goals for column except for his Bournemouth and Stockport days hasnt scored a lot which suggests to me another one that does ok and a certain level but not beyond that.

Not that I think we are great shakes these days but we do desperately need a sniffer that can turn goals from nought. He did ok and looked busy enough at DUFC but I would suggest he is on the level of loads that have been suggested and to me thats where we are just now but would it move us forward?

In addition he may be on good money there so not a cheap option indeed anyone coming from that level wont be

Would be hugely disappointed in JJ if we signed Feeney. down.gif

Why is that mate ? I thought he looked good when he was at Dundee utd.

Why is that mate ? I thought he looked good when he was at Dundee utd.

Never been impressed with him (apart from a wee spell for NI).

I work with 2 DUFC fans and they both say he is very very average. Great workrate but no goal threat in him at all. However ask me again where there is one day left in the window and I might reconsider. whistling.gif

Clerry Jambo

Never been impressed with him (apart from a wee spell for NI).

I work with 2 DUFC fans and they both say he is very very average. Great workrate but no goal threat in him at all. However ask me again where there is one day left in the window and I might reconsider. whistling.gif

Totally agree mate - not for me BUT as you say we have no-one in at the 31st August I think we would all take him, how sad is that :ermm:

Don't remember him which says it all. Hopefully just speculation. This "exciting" close season may turn out just as crap as some other recent transfer windows as players get mentioned and sign for other clubs and we are left with the penny tray! To think some on here didn't fancy Griffiths!!!!

We_are_the_Hearts

Think we should trust JJs judgement on this as he is the one who knows how the team is going to set up and what attributes he requires. Also, him and his scouting team are actually watching these players play currently and not relying on what they did years ago or what Wikpedia says. Remember Juho Makela's goalscoring record, ENOUGH SAID :thumbsup:

heartsfc_fan

I'd take him. Not a hugely prolific striker, but did score 5 in 10 games with Swansea and 6 in 22 games with Dundee Utd which isn't too bad.

Mikey Gardiner

Wouldnt be bothered if we signed him. He worked hard at Dundee Utd but didnt score many goals, and didn't really get the oppertunity at cardiff to score, although 5 in 10 isn't that prolific and that isnt what we should be looking at, a 5 to 10 goal a season, we need our strikers to be prolific.

We_are_the_Hearts

Wouldnt be bothered if we signed him. He worked hard at Dundee Utd but didnt score many goals, and didn't really get the oppertunity at cardiff to score, although 5 in 10 isn't that prolific and that isnt what we should be looking at, a 5 to 10 goal a season, we need our strikers to be prolific.

Bednar, Fuller, Jankauskas and Adam weren't prolific.......would take any of them though!!

I am not sure that I quite understand the bold bit of your post. In fact reading it again I struggle to understand any of your post

I would love a striker to play for Hearts who had a 50% score rate. so for a 36 league game season you get 18 goals from him.

You however want someone with a better % strike rate. Ok where is the ?3-4 million pounds transfer fee going to come from?

Billy the Jambo

Warren Feeney and Kyle up front might work out .The money Jefferies has to work with it might be the best we can get .I think some fans on here are expecting Jefferies to sign Fernando Torres and Rooney the way they are going on

rudi must stay

Would be hugely disappointed in JJ if we signed Feeney. down.gif

i'd be underwhelmed. Have to trust Jefferies though, he's made plenty of perplexing signings in the past that have gone on to be good signing.

I'm with PTBCAL on this one.

Seriously don't rate the guy.

He better than any of the strikers we have now, seen him play for N. Ireland and has scored a couple of goals. He would be good signing.

Rafferty51

My thoughts on this is what we need is a goalscorer.

Feeney is not a goalscorer, although it would add a bit of experience in the team in an attacking sense and possibly offering him a one-year contract wouldn't be a bad idea.

Ryan Gosling

I am not sure that I quite understand the bold bit of your post. In fact reading it again I struggle to understand any of your post

I would love a striker to play for Hearts who had a 50% score rate. so for a 36 league game season you get 18 goals from him.

You however want someone with a better % strike rate. Ok where is the ?3-4 million pounds transfer fee going to come from?

Mikey seems to be a bit... different.

Mad Dog Frazer

Sorry if already posted!

i posted this last week as my mate from Cardiff who is well connected down there said we were in for him

not his biggest fan and think we could do better

Glamorgan Jambo

i posted this last week as my mate from Cardiff who is well connected down there said we were in for him

not his biggest fan and think we could do better

Feeney got a free earler this week so is now unattached. I really hope we don't sign him. Hopefully he'll go back to Swansea.

Archived