Reminiscences....For a

fordy

For all the err...more mature KBrs'.

For some reason, i seem to reminisce more in the 'Summer months' than the Winter ones!

As a lad growing up in Sunny Leith,i remember long hot summer days spending hours catching 'minnows, and tadpoles at the stretch of the'water of Leith' next to our street. Playing football in the streets till it was too dark to see the ball anymore. Sneaking into the old 'Globe' lemonade warehouse and 'nicking' a couple of empty bottles, then taking them to the local shop, and getting 3p each on them!Going to the' 'Capital' picture house on a Saturday morning to watch 'Flash Gordon' and other 'idols.'

Standing at the bus stop on Bonnington Rd with my old man, going up to Gorgie to see 'The famous,' and getting lifted over the turnstile :thumbsup: So many happy memories.

Anybody else want to share some ?

For all the err...more mature KBrs'.

For some reason, i seem to reminisce more in the 'Summer months' than the Winter ones!

As a lad growing up in Sunny Leith,i remember long hot summer days spending hours catching 'minnows, and tadpoles at the stretch of the'water of Leith' next to our street. Playing football in the streets till it was too dark to see the ball anymore. Sneaking into the old 'Globe' lemonade warehouse and 'nicking' a couple of empty bottles, then taking them to the local shop, and getting 3p each on them!Going to the' 'Capital' picture house on a Saturday morning to watch 'Flash Gordon' and other 'idols.'

Standing at the bus stop on Bonnington Rd with my old man, going up to Gorgie to see 'The famous,' and getting lifted over the turnstile thumbsup.gif So many happy memories.

Anybody else want to share some ?

3p? More like 3d.

Who's flash Gordon?

We have a flash Mike down our way. He's a right cocky bas*ard wi his designer gear and his red sports car.

The Flashing Blade and the Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on television and the smell of hot dust on the streets. Having to rescue the football from nettles the size of Californian Redwoods and soaking each other with water pistols made out of Fairy Liquid bottles. Oh to be 21 again :rolleyes:

Archived