Rivers of Blood.

The Real Maroonblood

Adi Dassler
New series on BBC2 Saturday 9 O'Clock.

Could be interesting viewing.

Part of BBC2's "White" Season.

There was a good programme on last night about the demise of Working Mens Clubs in the North of England.

Monday - Racial Integration in Bradford.

Tuesday - The Poles.

The Real Maroonblood

There was a good programme on last night about the demise of Working Mens Clubs in the North of England.

Tuesday - The Poles.

Cheers for that info.

I find some of these prorammes quite interesting.

Tuesday - The Poles.

Going to watch the EP programme tonight. Was last nights the first in the series?

coppercrutch

Interesting programme. Gives you an idea of what life was like 40 years ago. Not very different from today really. In fact incredibly similar.

Interesting programme. Gives you an idea of what life was like 40 years ago. Not very different from today really. In fact incredibly similar.

CC was very interesting indeed. As you say the similarities are uncanny.

Gigolo-Aunt
Powell saw it coming...no one paid attention

People did pay attention. Problem was, it was such a radical and contriversal thing to say that the Tory party distanced themselves from it.

Really interesting TV.

and look at the mess we are in now:mad:

If Heath hadn't won the election in 1970 it would have made things very interesting.

EP was visionary. ;)

Wouldn't go that far J but he certainly wasn't too far off the mark with some of the things he said.

All of that "The Black Man will have the whip hand over the White Man" stuff was clearly bollocks designed to stir things up.

Wouldn't go that far J but he certainly wasn't too far off the mark with some of the things he said.

All of that "The Black Man will have the whip hand over the White Man" stuff was clearly bollocks designed to stir things up.

Some of his statement may have gone a bit OTT. But his message was clear and as you say he pretty well hit the nail on the head. They said if they had an election after his ROB speech he would have won in a landslide. Clearly touched a nerve with a lot of people. A lot of which one would not deem to be Tory. :cool:

coppercrutch

I am not so sure that is 'clearly' bollocks.

There are plenty of situations at the moment where a black person can gain an advantage just by simply saying they are black. Of course this is reversed in other situations.

Clearly some of what EP stated was a little OTT.

He still clearly defined things in the future that have definately happened. These are also things that very few other people at the time had the balls to come out and say. Considering this I think the label of 'visionary' is perhaps appropriate.

He still clearly defined things in the future that have definately happened. These are also things that very few other people at the time had the balls to come out and say. Considering this I think the label of 'visionary' is perhaps appropriate.

Pretty much what I also said CC. You cannot argue against that. ;)

coppercrutch
Pretty much what I also said CC. You cannot argue against that. ;)

You can argue against anything if it suits your agenda.

I should know........:rolleyes:

Archived