well done the Seasiders

dodemac

CONGRATULATIONS to Blackpool, good recovery, will help the local economy too, lets get our preseason game against them down there??

Son Of Anarchy

We spent the weekend down there when we played preston pre season.Got into a serious state and barely made the game then bike overheated in the scorching heat.nah,not going back,twas an omen I tells ya :verymad: lol

Nucky Thompson

CONGRATULATIONS to Blackpool, good recovery, will help the local economy too, lets get our preseason game against them down there??

I don't think the local economy needs help. I think Blackpool is rammed most of the time :whistling:

grumpyjambo

I would love a pre season down there!

Just got back from Blackpool after staying a few nights midweek enroute to, and from, Alton towers....the whole town was buzzing at the prospect of them reaching the Premiership, alot of shops and offices displaying banners with good luck messages, the place will have been rocking on Saturday nite!!

Well they managed to get to Premier League so congratulations are called for.

Sky reporting that their total wages were 4.8 million - and that they were expected to drop down a league this season.

Now they are expected to net 90 million (crazy) from promotion - I say well done, wish we were in a position to net such a figure.

Maybe now they can afford a proper website.

Footballfirst

One of the commentators said yesterday that all their contracts during the close season drop to just ?90 a week.

Sky reporting that their total wages were 4.8 million - and that they were expected to drop down a league this season.

Now they are expected to net 90 million (crazy) from promotion - I say well done, wish we were in a position to net such a figure.

Nothing wrong with their website mate. Sure your looking at their official site?

www.blackpoolfc.co.uk

Charlie Adam looks a great buy for 500k, I Am sure some of the fans who support the other teams in the Prem League, have no objections too a weekend in Blackpool for there away games.

Shame there ground only holds 12.5k seats, good luck too them I Hope they stay up :thumbsup:

Craigieboy

So glad they went up.

Its a ****ing terrible place but I love wee teams like this doing well.

I'm delighted for them... my great uncle played his whole career for Blackpool and my Auntie and her whole family were at Wembley for the playoff final. They said it was amazing!!! Only prob was the heat!

Well done Blackpool... crackin free kick by adam... bet rankgers are missing him now.. haha... even better!

Will defo be headin down to Poulton Le Fylde to see Auntie B now very soon!

Mikey Gardiner

Congratulation to Blackpool, what a game i was entertained to. Truly deserved the win and im glad they have been promoted. Ian Holloway is a legend and it is another former Jambo into the premiership now with Stephen Husband on his way. Well done Blackpool. :thumbsup:

In comparison, what is promotion worth to ICT?, ?23.11??

Bert Le Clos

They've got a big decision to make over the summer.

Do they take their ?90million and invest the majority of it into developing the club in the knowledge the will probably go down next season. However with their ?30million parachute payment they will have a good chance of attracting decent players to a much more developed club and then have a reasonable chance of getting promoted again?

Or do they go all out for it, on the hope they stay up? With the chance that if they go down, the are in serious trouble?

Decision time for Blackpool. Despite Holloway being a character I don't think he's a fool.

rossthejambo

They've got a big decision to make over the summer.

Do they take their ?90million and invest the majority of it into developing the club in the knowledge the will probably go down next season. However with their ?30million parachute payment they will have a good chance of attracting decent players to a much more developed club and then have a reasonable chance of getting promoted again?

Or do they go all out for it, on the hope they stay up? With the chance that if they go down, the are in serious trouble?

Decision time for Blackpool. Despite Holloway being a character I don't think he's a fool.

After seeing what's happened to Hull you'd like to think that they would take up the first option.

I'd imagine that they'd invest quite a bit into their squad as well as expanding their stadium even more.

It would be very foolish to spend it all on players and wages in the vain hope of staying up next season.

There's no reason to suggest that it's impossible though.

Archived