Ross County Chairman to step down

dazajmbo

Ross County Football Club Chairman Dave Siegel is to step down at the end of this month following a memorable year in the post. Appointed last summer, Inverness-based businessman Mr Siegel chaired the club through its most successful season, during which the team reached the Scottish Cup Final and mounted a strong challenge for the First Division title. He said: ?I was deeply honoured to be invited to become the Chairman of Ross County last summer and it has been a privilege to hold the post during such a historic season. From the start I always felt I should serve as Chairman for one season, then step aside to give my full attention to my own business activities and family life again. I think the end of a season in which we put up such a good league performance and shocked the football world by reaching the cup final is the ideal time for me to take that step and leave the way clear for my successor to start building for further success in the future.

?I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to everyone at the club ? the board, the players, the management and the backroom staff - for their fantastic work over the past year. I would also like to thank our fans, who are a credit not only to the club and its home town, but to the whole Highlands. I wish my successor, the club, and everyone who has it at heart every success in the future.?

Ross County President, Roy MacGregor, paid warm tribute to Mr Siegel. He said: ?I am sorry to see Dave step down as Chairman, although I knew he never intended to hold the post on a long-term basis. He is a true fan of Ross County and has shown that support in many ways, including sponsoring the team strips and readily accepting the responsibility of the chairmanship and all the many demands that come with the position. He is finishing on a real high and I am sure all our supporters will join everyone at the club in wising him all the very best for the future.?

Mr MacGregor added that the key focus of the Ross County Board was continued development of the club, with the aim of mounting a genuine and sustainable challenge to reach the next level of Scottish football. The Board will meet shortly to begin the process of identifying a new chairman.

Vlad might take another scottish cup final team!!! :whistling:

Archived