Twickenham

269miles

I'm looking for some urgent assistance in getting a hotel in reasonable travelling distance for the rugby next weekend. I originally had a hotel booked in Kingston but the hotel are denying they ever got the booking from Laterooms and now I think I'm going to get shafted as the hotel refuse to answer any calls on the matter.

I'm looking for suggestions on hotels out of west London as I don't want the hassle of travelling from west or central London to Twickenham. Preferably something on a short main line train trip would be good.

All suggestions gratefully received.

I P Knightley

If you're making a big day of it, you've got a lot of options and if you're planning on a toot, you don't want to end up heading back to some sh17ehole like Feltham afterwards.

I know the train sounds nice & easy but there are a load of bus routes that take you right to Twickenham stadium or very close. There's a shuttle bus which runs from Richmond and from Richmond, you've got the tube into town, Earls Court's not bad for reasonable hotels and bars staffed by antipodeans.

There's a couple of hotels near Kew Bridge (Brentford) which leave you with nice options for pre- and post- match bevvy and scoff as well as a bus ride to Richmond &/or Twickenham. One of them's a travelodge and the other's a Premier Travel Inn (I think the name is) with a cracking curry house behind it and on the river front. I've been in the curry house on Twickenham match weekends and seen a load of rugger buggers rock up so it must be commutable.

The other benefit of that area is that Heathrow's accessible (if that's where you're coming into).

If you're making a big day of it, you've got a lot of options and if you're planning on a toot, you don't want to end up heading back to some sh17ehole like Feltham afterwards.

I know the train sounds nice & easy but there are a load of bus routes that take you right to Twickenham stadium or very close. There's a shuttle bus which runs from Richmond and from Richmond, you've got the tube into town, Earls Court's not bad for reasonable hotels and bars staffed by antipodeans.

There's a couple of hotels near Kew Bridge (Brentford) which leave you with nice options for pre- and post- match bevvy and scoff as well as a bus ride to Richmond &/or Twickenham. One of them's a travelodge and the other's a Premier Travel Inn (I think the name is) with a cracking curry house behind it and on the river front. I've been in the curry house on Twickenham match weekends and seen a load of rugger buggers rock up so it must be commutable.

The other benefit of that area is that Heathrow's accessible (if that's where you're coming into).

Thanks for the tips. It's getting to be squeeky bum time as Saturday is the premiership final and on the Sunday the Baa Baaas are playing so everything is fully booked. Laterooms aer trying to sort out the/their mess.

Cheers.

I P Knightley

Thanks for the tips. It's getting to be squeeky bum time as Saturday is the premiership final and on the Sunday the Baa Baaas are playing so everything is fully booked. Laterooms aer trying to sort out the/their mess.

Cheers.

Are you doing both matches? I'd give those hotels a call to check availability.

Is it a bunch of lads going or some bursd?

If a mixed group, then that riverside curry house isn't at all a bad bet. If I remember the name, I'll post it up.

Archived