Heart of Midlothian 2010-2011 Player Movements

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

Only post Hearts player movements here.

NO conjecture, NO rumour-mongering just actual facts....

So in.....

Darren Barr and assumed el capitano for 2010/2011?

out..... Nade, Kingston,Jose,Mikey Stewart, Ryan Mcgowan

Footballfirst

So in.....

I take it that you mean Rocky Visconte and not Gowser.

jamboinglasgow

So in.....

Ryan McGowan hasn't gone, you might be thinking of Rocky Visconte.

Anyway fringe players gone:

Rocky Visconte - Brisbane Roar

Elias Wagner - released

Ryan Wallace - released

Billy McKenna (U19) - released

I take it that you mean Rocky Visconte and not Gowser.

No I thought it was Mcgowan. singned for some aussie team?

Footballfirst

To the best of my knowledge the following is the current list of senior players with contracts for next season

(with last season's Squad Nos.)

1 Janos Balogh

2 Dawid Kucharski

3 Lee Wallace

4 Eggert Jonsson

6 Ruben Palzuelos

7 Suso Santana

8 Ian Black

11 Andrew Driver

13 David Obua

15 David Witteveen

16 Ryan Stevenson

17 Ryan McGowan

18 Arvydas Novikovas

19 Jamie Mole

20 Jason Thomson

21 Ismael Bouzid

22 Calum Elliot

24 David Templeton

25 Marian Kello

26 Marius Zaliukas

28 Mark Ridgers

30 Jamie McDonald

31 David Armstrong

36 Gary Glen

37 Jonathan Stewart

38 Matthew Park

39 Paul Mulrooney

40 Jonathan Brown

41 Michael Deland

42 Conrad Balatoni

44 Gordon Smith

45 Danny Thomson

46 Craig Thomson

49 Dylan McGowan

50 John Woods

XX Darren Barr

Current list of youth players with full time contracts

51 Jamie McCormack

52 Shaun Hill

55 Scott Robinson

53 Jordan Morton

54 Colin Hamilton

56 Jason Holt

57 David Smith

58 Dale O'Hara

59 Jamie Walker

60 Ryan Stewart

61 Denys Prychynenko

40 Fraser Mullen

47 Aaron Murdoch

XX Billy King

XX Robert Ogleby

Footballfirst

No I thought it was Mcgowan. singned for some aussie team?

It was Visconte who signed for Brisbane Roar

Bunny Munro

JJ has been quoted saying Barr will not be captain next season. He will choose from Zaliukas, Wallace, and Jonnson.

JJ has been quoted saying Barr will not be captain next season. He will choose from Zaliukas, Wallace, and Jonnson.

I understand why he'd do that as like in any business unit, the longest serving people should always be looked at for promotion first and althouth all 3 players are shoe-ins for my starting XI,I just feel Egg and Big Zal do not have the temperament for it and Wallace is too inexperienced.

Bunny Munro

I understand why he'd do that as like in any business unit, the longest serving people should always be looked at for promotion first and althouth all 3 players are shoe-ins for my starting XI,I just feel Egg and Big Zal do not have the temperament for it and Wallace is too inexperienced.

Zal has been much better this season though, only had 3 yellows.

Jonnson I agree with, hes far to rash at times and also inexperinced. However I think Lee would be a decent choice.

Benny Factor

Zal has been much better this season though, only had 3 yellows.

Jonnson I agree with, hes far to rash at times and also inexperinced. However I think Lee would be a decent choice.

Jonsson's far too rash compared to Zal?????? You are joking??????

Zal still has that awful habit of switching off when it comes to defending(if i may be so bold, he is the Lithuanian version of Judas Webster. i.e. great defender, but lapse in concentration).

Zal cost more goals than Eggy did last season.

Bunny Munro

Jonsson's far too rash compared to Zal?????? You are joking??????

Zal still has that awful habit of switching off when it comes to defending(if i may be so bold, he is the Lithuanian version of Judas Webster. i.e. great defender, but lapse in concentration).

Zal cost more goals than Eggy did last season.

Eggert will have accumulated more SPL disipline points than any other member of our squad. More reds than any other player, and only second (by one) in number of yellows.

HillmanHearts

The captain question is quite an interesting one.

Eggert has a terrific attitude and would be a stick on for captain ( imo ) if he had a permanent position.

Problem is he is switched around all over the place - which would make it very difficult for the guy to also concentrate on leading the side.

Lee for me is our most consistent player but is a wee bit too quite ( reserved ) to be a captain just now.

Zal has the presence and the ability for captain but still shows signs of daftness and concentration lapses. ( not sure he will be staying long term either )

So in summary it's either get Eggy a permanent role or it's Zal for me. ( So it will probably be Lee ! )

Footballfirst

Current list of youth players with full time contracts

51 Jamie McCormack

52 Shaun Hill

53 Jordan Morton

54 Colin Hamilton

55 Scott Robinson

56 Jason Holt

57 David Smith

58 Dale O'Hara

59 Jamie Walker

60 Ryan Stewart

61 Denys Prychynenko

40 Fraser Mullen

47 Aaron Murdoch

XX Billy King

XX Robert Ogleby

I was told today that Chris Kane and Chris Tobin have also been given full time contracts and will join the U19s for next season.

I was told today that Chris Kane and Chris Tobin have also been given full time contracts and will join the U19s for next season.

They have, also Brad McKay who captained the Edinburgh City team that won the Scottish Cup has joined the u19's.

Footballfirst

They have, also Brad McKay who captained the Edinburgh City team that won the Scottish Cup has joined the u19's.

I heard that unofficially a couple of weeks ago but hadn't had it confirmed. I'm looking forward to seeing if his ability matches up to the good things that have been said about him.

I heard that unofficially a couple of weeks ago but hadn't had it confirmed. I'm looking forward to seeing if his ability matches up to the good things that have been said about him.

Saw him play a few times for Edinburgh City this season and he seems a very solid centre back, should fit in well as he goes to the same school as Chris kane and Chris Tobin.

Footballfirst

Saw him play a few times for Edinburgh City this season and he seems a very solid centre back, should fit in well as he goes to the same school as Chris kane and Chris Tobin.

I watched him play tonight at Sighthill against Tyncastle U17s in a league match. Edinburgh City won 2-0, which I think was enough for them to win their league. City were the better team by some distance and could easily have won by 4 or 5 goals, had they taken all their chances.

Brad had a very impressive in the first half and looked head and shoulders ahead of everyone else on the park. He was very composed on the ball, won everything in the air and passed the ball well out of defence. He is right footed, but also seemed comfortable on his left peg as he played left centre back. In the second half I thought that he went into his shell somewhat and was over confident when he did get the ball and gave it away needlessly a couple of times. He also had one effort at goal well saved by the keeper following a free kick.

I may watch him again at the weekend when he plays in a cup final, again against Tynecastle, at Spartans ground.

If what I saw tonight was the best of Scotland's U17s in boys club football, then the step up to elite level is a big one. He certainly has potential and it will be interesting to see how he fares against better and older players when he plays with the U19s next season.

Did we not give that 18 year old striker; Rob Ogleby from Coventry a 2 year deal?!?!

Footballfirst

I may watch him again at the weekend when he plays in a cup final, again against Tynecastle, at Spartans ground.

I watched the cup final today, which Edinburgh City won 4-1. Brad was not nearly as influential as he was on Wednesday and was arguably responsible for the goal conceded when he failed to clear the ball. He's got time on his side and will learn along with the rest of the team once he starts working full time with Hearts later in the summer.

super_vlad

Did we not give that 18 year old striker; Rob Ogleby from Coventry a 2 year deal?!?!

He is still listed on the transfer list down south tho.

Footballfirst

He is still listed on the transfer list down south tho.

It may be that it too can't be officially announced until the transfer window opens, i.e. tomorrow

This thread was doing ok, up until about post 11, then rumour, conjecture etc etc.

Stick to the facts!

Is the signing of Kyle official?

if so anyone got a link please

• 4 weeks later...

Also is it looking like Barr may be JJs choice for the armband?

Vlad will not be happy then as he will want Zaliukas.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Brad, Chris and Chris were in the year below me at school and Brad played for the senior team which won the league this year. I watched them a few times and Brad played at right back or centre mid when I watched. He does have a lot of ability but he can lose his temper quite easily. He is a very good player though, who is good in the air and can beat a man quite easily.

davemclaren

Not enough players leaving or even being rumoured to be leaving for my liking.

Have contract will stay. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

From the official site:

"Meanwhile the manager revealed Dylan McGowan is set to join Cowdenbeath on loan whilst Michael Deland will do the same with East Fife - both in order to get first team experience."

• 4 weeks later...

Jamie Mole to Raith Rovers until December and Mark Ridgers to Airdie United until december or full season...

Hannibal Lecter

Jamie Mole to Raith Rovers until December and Mark Ridgers to Airdie United until december or full season...

Neither according to the official site, he has signed on loan with them to January.

Neither according to the official site, he has signed on loan with them to January.

It is on official site, go on more news and it's there?!?

Hannibal Lecter

It is on official site, go on more news and it's there?!?

You've misread my reply to your post bud.

I'd highlighted part of your original post in bold and was making a response to it. You'd said Ridgers was away till December or full season and I'd responded by saying according to the official site it is January.

Hope that clears it up for you :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Forthview Jambo

I really must try harder keeping up with things at Hearts.

So this would be the place for me to get confirmation of when current players are contracted until ?

And those more in the know could fill in the gaps /correct any errors please ?

Anyone know a good site for keeping up to date on players injuries / recovery from injury ... like when might Matthew Park be back ?

HEARTS 2010-11

GOALKEEPERS

1 Janos Balogh (June 2012) 25 Marian Kello (June 2012) 30 Jamie MacDonald (June 2012) 40 Dean Lyness ???

DEFENDERS :

20 Jason Thomson (June 2012) 5 Darren Barr (June 2013) 26 Marius Zaliukas (December 2010) 3 Lee Wallace (June 2012) 4 Eggert Jonsson (June 2012) 21 Ismael Bouzid (June 2011) 33 Matthew Park (June 2012) 32 Jonathan Brown (June 2013) 2 Dawid Kucharski (June 2011)

MIDFIELDERS

6 Ruben Palazuelos (June 2011) 17 Ryan McGowan (June 2013) 24 Craig Thomson( June 2012) 13 David Obua (June 2012) 8 Ian Black (June 2011) 7 Suso Santana (June 2012) 27 Scott Robinson (June 2011) 12 David Templeton (June 2013) 11 Andrew Driver (June 2013) 35 John Wood(June 2012) 18 Arvydas Novikovas June 2013) 16 Ryan Stevenson(January 2013) 29 Paul Mulrooney (June 2012) 34 Johnny Stewart (June 2012) 39 Danny Thomson (June 2012)

STRIKERS : 23 Gary Glen( June 2012) 9 Kevin Kyle (June 2012) 14 Calum Elliot (June 2012) 10 Stephen Elliott (June 2012) Jonathon Toto ( wishful thinking?)

ON LOAN

15 David Witteveen (on loan to Morton . June 2011) 19 Jamie Mole (on loan to Raith Rovers ??? ) 22 Gordon Smith ( On Loan Stirling Albion ??? ) 28 Mark Ridgers(on loan to Airdrie ???) 36 Dylan McGowan ( on Loan to Cowdenbeath June 2012) 38 Michael Deland (on loan to E Fife June 2012) 42 Conrad Balatoni (on loan to Partick Thistle June 2012)

U 19

41 Connor Fairley 42 Robert Ogleby 43 Jamie McCormack

44 Denis Prychynenko 45 Shaun Hill 46 Jordan Morton

47 Colin Hamilton 48 Tomas Snapkaukas 49 Murray Christie

50 Deividas Kapustas 51 Jason Holt 52 David Smith

53 Brad McKay 54 Chris Kane 55 Aaron Murdoch

56 Dale O'Hara 57 Jamie Walker 58 Ryan Stewart

59 Chris Tobin 60 Fraser Mullen 61 Jack Hamilton

62 Billy King 63 Callum Paterson

I really must try harder keeping up with things at Hearts.

So this would be the place for me to get confirmation of when current players are contracted until ?

And those more in the know could fill in the gaps /correct any errors please ?

Anyone know a good site for keeping up to date on players injuries / recovery from injury ... like when might Matthew Park be back ?

I sometimes go on Transfermarkt but go on the English part and I think it says when they're due back.

HEARTS 2010-11

GOALKEEPERS

1 Janos Balogh (June 2012) 25 Marian Kello (June 2012) 30 Jamie MacDonald (June 2012) 40 Dean Lyness ???

DEFENDERS :

20 Jason Thomson (June 2012) 5 Darren Barr (June 2013) 26 Marius Zaliukas (December 2010) 3 Lee Wallace (June 2012) 4 Eggert Jonsson (June 2012) 21 Ismael Bouzid (June 2011) 33 Matthew Park (June 2012) 32 Jonathan Brown (June 2013) 2 Dawid Kucharski (June 2011)

MIDFIELDERS

6 Ruben Palazuelos (June 2011) 17 Ryan McGowan (June 2013) 24 Craig Thomson( June 2012) 13 David Obua (June 2012) 8 Ian Black (June 2011) 7 Suso Santana (June 2012) 27 Scott Robinson (June 2011) 12 David Templeton (June 2013) 11 Andrew Driver (June 2013) 35 John Wood(June 2012) 18 Arvydas Novikovas June 2013) 16 Ryan Stevenson(January 2013) 29 Paul Mulrooney (June 2012) 34 Johnny Stewart (June 2012) 39 Danny Thomson (June 2012)

STRIKERS : 23 Gary Glen( June 2012) 9 Kevin Kyle (June 2012) 14 Calum Elliot (June 2012) 10 Stephen Elliott (June 2012) Jonathon Toto ( wishful thinking?)

ON LOAN

15 David Witteveen (on loan to Morton . June 2011) 19 Jamie Mole (on loan to Raith Rovers ??? ) 22 Gordon Smith ( On Loan Stirling Albion ??? ) 28 Mark Ridgers(on loan to Airdrie ???) 36 Dylan McGowan ( on Loan to Cowdenbeath June 2012) 38 Michael Deland (on loan to E Fife June 2012) 42 Conrad Balatoni (on loan to Partick Thistle June 2012)

U 19

41 Connor Fairley 42 Robert Ogleby 43 Jamie McCormack

44 Denis Prychynenko 45 Shaun Hill 46 Jordan Morton

47 Colin Hamilton 48 Tomas Snapkaukas 49 Murray Christie

50 Deividas Kapustas 51 Jason Holt 52 David Smith

53 Brad McKay 54 Chris Kane 55 Aaron Murdoch

56 Dale O'Hara 57 Jamie Walker 58 Ryan Stewart

59 Chris Tobin 60 Fraser Mullen 61 Jack Hamilton

62 Billy King 63 Callum Paterson

Archived