Horses today

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

I don't have any proper tips for today, in fact I rarely get them, but when I do they are normally pretty good, I had one last night which I refrained from posting on here (boyoboy won at 7/2) in case I jinxed it :rolleyes:

One interesting runner for me today is in the 2.00 at Newbury, and is called Petara Bay. This horse has been off the track for a very long time after being plagued with injury, but he ran in the 2007 Derby so must be quite highly thought of in a race where nothing really jumps out as a nailed on winner.

There was a similar runner yesterday in Amanda Perrat's Coasting, who had been off the track for donkeys (over 1000 days) and was backed from 16's into 8's (I got on at 10's) and duly did the business.

Abrasive in the first at Newbury also looks a really interesting newcomer to the turf game, he's extremely well bred and a big run is apparently expected, these are not horses to go "baw deep" over however and I suggest tentative bets, good luck. :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

I don't have any proper tips for today, in fact I rarely get them, but when I do they are normally pretty good, I had one last night which I refrained from posting on here (boyoboy won at 7/2) in case I jinxed it rolleyes.gif

One interesting runner for me today is in the 2.00 at Newbury, and is called Petara Bay. This horse has been off the track for a very long time after being plagued with injury, but he ran in the 2007 Derby so must be quite highly thought of in a race where nothing really jumps out as a nailed on winner.

There was a similar runner yesterday in Amanda Perrat's Coasting, who had been off the track for donkeys (over 1000 days) and was backed from 16's into 8's (I got on at 10's) and duly did the business.

Abrasive in the first at Newbury also looks a really interesting newcomer to the turf game, he's extremely well bred and a big run is apparently expected, these are not horses to go "baw deep" over however and I suggest tentative bets, good luck. thumbsup.gif

That's my wife and kids not eating for another week. verymad.gif . Did you go E/W mate?

The Old Tolbooth

That's my wife and kids not eating for another week. verymad.gif . Did you go E/W mate?

Yeah I backed it each way and made a tidy wee profit at 20/1, another 200 yards and it would have won I reckon! :thumbsup:

Recoup your losses with Ice Tea in the last at Bangor.

Archived