When last did you use a phonebox?

i8hibsh

Simple question really.

I still see them everywhere, sometimes brand spanking new with the internet etc. However the only people I see entering them are homeless peopel searching for a 20p piece in the return coin slot or a drunkard using it for a lavvy.

Does anyone here actually still use them?

Miller Jambo 60

Simple question really.

I still see them everywhere, sometimes brand spanking new with the internet etc. However the only people I see entering them are homeless peopel searching for a 20p piece in the return coin slot or a drunkard using it for a lavvy.

Does anyone here actually still use them?

TBH Simon cant remember, must have been years ago.

Wait, in France in 2003 to top my mobi upthumbsup.gif

kinda related topic.

Here in Hull, all the phoneboxes are painted white instead of red as BT don't provide any service whatsoever, it's a different company (Kingston Communications)

Prince Buaben

kinda related topic.

Here in Hull, all the phoneboxes are painted white instead of red as BT don't provide any service whatsoever, it's a different company (Kingston Communications)

There not red anymore anyway teehee.gif

Only place in Britian or something that dont have BT.

Cant think the last time i used a phone box.

I'll be using one around 6pm tomorrow nite....

Do you not have a mobie?

Dave Spacey

About 10 years ago, my mate had to use one a few weeks ago as his phone broke, only other people i see him them are jakes, and one i walk past regularly has a bottle of bucky in it

Chad Sexington

I tried to use one a few months ago.

It was out of order and stank of pish.

I shan't be using one again. :down:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'll be using one around 6pm tomorrow nite....

To order your Saturday night marching powder?

:whistling:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

In Huddersfield in February. Put in a quid, money ran out instantly, so I f**ked off again

I aint used one in years.They are pointless.The one at the end of my street is a magnet for junkies

Miller Jambo 60

I aint used one in years.They are pointless.The one at the end of my street is a magnet for junkies

And a bangrolleyes.gif

Gorgiewave

Attempted it last Thursday, but I couldn't get through. It didn't hesitate to keep my 2?, though. And it stank of pish.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

probably about 8 years ago now, used it to prank my mates mum...how cool.

Last Saturday night outside El Barrios eating my subway - handy things for keeping scroungers away :ninja:

Bob Loblaw

I used one last Thursday night after I left my mobile on the bus. i phoned my mum to get in touch with the bus company. Unfortunately I didn;t get my phone back :(

BT would like to get rid of them as well but have to keep so many as part of the Universal Service Agreement

Hannibal Lecter

Had to use one yesterday when I was out and about as I had to make a call but realised I didn't have enough credit in my phone.

Noticed when I was using it that the minimum call charge from June is rising to 60p.

Radioactive Mince

Have only used a phonebox once to make a call in the last 5 years or so. It was a couple of months ago when my phone ran out of battery and I had to, erm, call someone. I can't remember how much it cost but I recall being quite taken aback. 50p maybe?

I've used them in a few other ways over the years. Pumped my gran in one when I was 17 and, on Wednesday, I shat in one outside an Asian convenience store, to send a message to the **** ****s.

NB - The above post is entirely serious.

Mince

I went into a phone box to phone somebody off my mobile on new years night. I only went in because it was so cold to phone in the street.

i used to raid the phone boxes at the Steel yard in Bathgate on a Sunday afternoon.

You could get a lollipop stick between the bottom of the money collecting box and the metal ledge.

Then flick the money out.

This was about 20 years ago, but could easily make ?10- ?15 for a few minutes work as the boxes would have been used on the Friday when the bathgate market was on then all the drinkers using them on riday and Saturday night

Archived