Zola sacked (merged)

swavkav

I am surprised by this. I think some clubs think they are bigger than they are. West Ham not being relegated is a reasonable achievement in the current financial climate.

Was only a matter of time. Zola to Coventry (if Csaba doesn't end up with the position)?.

Mikey Gardiner

Just heard this on skysports news. Im surprised at this as the owners, Gold and Sullivan publicly gave him a vote of confidence and keeping west ham up this season is a reasonable achievment considering the season they have had.

Mikey Gardiner

I hope Zola gets back into management in the near future as i thought he was a decent manager and a season or 2 in the Championship would be great for Zola.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I really hope West Ham plummit next season. Deserves them right. Staying up should be one of their main goals for a season.

Just heard this on skysports news. Im surprised at this as the owners, Gold and Sullivan publicly gave him a vote of confidence and keeping west ham up this season is a reasonable achievment considering the season they have had.

The dredded " Vote off Confidence " pretty much means p45 is in the post

The Treasurer

Always thought that he would be leaving although I though it would be by "mutual consent".

While he's had a lot to contend with over the season and did well to keep the club up I always got the impression he wasn't fully confident in the managers chair.

Having said that he comes over as a gentleman and I wish him success in the future.

To answer some of the above posts, West Ham are not a top four club (yet)smile.gif but they should be looking to achieve more than just survival in the premiership.

londonjambo

Absolutely no surprise. Not too disappointed to be honest. Has been a dire season and Zola didnt seem to be able to do much about it on a week to week basis. Some terrible team selection - leaving out Diamanti for instance - and substitutions.

I hear that Nick Clegg is going to choose the next manager ...

blink.gif

GC

hope they've got someone lined up. Avram Grant being touted as favourite

edit: sorry guys, just seen the other thread on page two

Zola was far to good for the 'ammers anyway. He's well shot of that bunch of jokers. :thumbsup:

Think he may be a decent manager in future and seems a really decent fella, probably too nice but a 29% win ratio is poor. All the best to him. I'd like Bilic but think we'll end up with Baron Greenback.

What an absolute pair of erses those owners are.

Zola has conducted himself with the absolute dignity you would expect from him.

He's well out of that shambles and I hope they get relegated next season. Karma has a habit of biting you in the ass.

Hannibal Lecter

The only surprise for me about Zola getting the boot is that it took until now. It's been on the cards for a while.

The Treasurer

Zola was far to good for the 'ammers anyway. He's well shot of that bunch of jokers. :thumbsup:

Agree to an extent.

He was the last decent thing to come in or out of Stamford Bridge

londonjambo

Agree to an extent.

He was the last decent thing to come in or out of Stamford Bridge

He is one of the coolest men to have played the professional game is he not? The Italians seem to breed guys like him, although he's the top of the class.

Not disagreeing with either of you. Lovely guy, top bloke, wonderful footballer, very cool ....

Nor am I wanting to start a "I'm a bigger fan than you" argument but I have been going to Upton Park for almost 20 years now and have a had a season ticket for the last 10 and I can safely say that some of the performances this season have been the most pathetic, tactically inept, insipid pile of tripe I have witnessed at the Boleyn. Utterly clueless, cannot defend and hopeless team selection and substitutions. We escaped only because there were three teams more rank awful than we were.

He may be a lovely bloke and a top man and make decent coffee but he has proved himself to be a largely ineffective manager this season. Like Therapist, therefore, I look forward with relish to the day he takes over at Stamford Bridge teehee.gif

GC

jamboinglasgow

What an absolute pair of erses those owners are.

Zola has conducted himself with the absolute dignity you would expect from him.

He's well out of that shambles and I hope they get relegated next season. Karma has a habit of biting you in the ass.

couldn't agree more, from day one they have been putting out that he will get sacked, they should of done it then rather then have Zola worry about it for the rest of his tenure.

I almost wonder if Zola is too nice for top level football management

The Treasurer

He may be a lovely bloke and a top man and make decent coffee but he has proved himself to be a largely ineffective manager this season. Like Therapist, therefore, I look forward with relish to the day he takes over at Stamford Bridge teehee.gif

GC

The fact that he's a decent human being will make it unlikely that he would fit in at the Bridge.

londonjambo

The fact that he's a decent human being will make it unlikely that he would fit in at the Bridge.

"I cant think what you mean" said a spokesman for serial adulterer Ashley Cole, adulterer and wife-and-kids abandoner Frank Lampard and son-of-a-thief-and-(alleged)-drug-dealer and serial adulterer John Terry.

whistling.gif

Still, blue is the colour (of fivers) eh ?

GC

The Treasurer

"I cant think what you mean" said a spokesman for serial adulterer Ashley Cole, adulterer and wife-and-kids abandoner Frank Lampard and son-of-a-thief-and-(alleged)-drug-dealer and serial adulterer John Terry.

whistling.gif

GC

thumbsup.gif

whistling.gif

GC

& to think some say Chelsea are a boring club! teehee.gif

On the contrary, he fitted in very well at the Bridge thank you very much. :teehee:

To the extent that he was voted Chelsea's best ever player in 2003.

He'll always be welcome.

gorgie_rebel

Feel a bit for Zola TBH but I think with the two Davids coming in and with the season West Ham have had it was always on the cards he would be on his way.

New owners usually means new Manager (especially with those two baw bags) but some of the current squad at Upton Park should be feeling pretty sheepish about this also.

I'm sure he'll do a job for someone (maybe a championship side) and prove he is the decent manager I think he can be.

What about Bilic and Di Canio as manager and assistant????

The Treasurer

On the contrary, he fitted in very well at the Bridge thank you very much. :teehee:

To the extent that he was voted Chelsea's best ever player in 2003.

He'll always be welcome.

That was seven years ago.

Sadly the name of Chelski football club has been dragged through the dirt in the intervening years, both on and off the pitch

Gigolo-Aunt

Cant understand why anyone is surprised at this. It's been on the cards the moment Delboy and Boycie taken over West Ham.

Zola will bounce back, although I think it might be back in Italy.

Wonder who West Ham will go for? Billic?

That was seven years ago.

Sadly the name of Chelski football club has been dragged through the dirt in the intervening years, both on and off the pitch

I'd maybe admit that Mr.Terry has perhaps not lived up to his "Dad of the Year" status, but dragged through the dirt is a bit of a stretch. It was way worse when Ken was firing off on a daily basis to anyone within earshot.

Anyway. it's lovely that the 'ammers have those clowns in charge now. Looking forward to seasons worth of rage from some friends of mine as the shysters feck up their football club in a much more slow-death way than the Icelandic jokeballs did.

The Treasurer

I'd maybe admit that Mr.Terry has perhaps not lived up to his "Dad of the Year" status, but dragged through the dirt is a bit of a stretch. It was way worse when Ken was firing off on a daily basis to anyone within earshot.

So you think Drogba and Co behaviour when they got pumped in the CL was upholding the "good name" of Chelski.

Or lampard bad-mouthing the team that gave him his start in football.

The list is endless.

So you think Drogba and Co behaviour when they got pumped in the CL was upholding the "good name" of Chelski.

Or lampard bad-mouthing the team that gave him his start in football.

The list is endless.

Childs play compared to Ken's "buy my club for a pound" campaign or the electric fences for fans. I fully support Frank's right to belittle the diddy little "Academy of Football" that nurtured him and his family connections. Twenty plus goals a season for six years from midfield would probably vindicate his professional life choices. teehee.gif

The Treasurer

Childs play compared to Ken's "buy my club for a pound" campaign or the electric fences for fans. I fully support Frank's right to belittle the diddy little "Academy of Football" that nurtured him and his family connections. Twenty plus goals a season for six years from midfield would probably vindicate his professional life choices. teehee.gif

He may have improved on the pitch but he's total $cum off it

He may have improved on the pitch but he's total $cum off it

No he's not. A large ego I grant you, but I'd argue a necessary part of a complete footballer. On the personal front, sheit happens whether you're a multi-millionaire or a pauper - it's just when you're the former, everybody thinks they have the right to comment on you whether they know all the facts or not.

And then come out with red-top rubbish like "he's total $cum off it" teehee.gif

The Treasurer

No he's not. A large ego I grant you, but I'd argue a necessary part of a complete footballer. On the personal front, sheit happens whether you're a multi-millionaire or a pauper - it's just when you're the former, everybody thinks they have the right to comment on you whether they know all the facts or not.

And then come out with red-top rubbish like "he's total $cum off it" teehee.gif

I do like the Chelski "don't care how much shiite we wade through as long as we're winning" attitude.

It's very Old Firm like

I do like the Chelski "don't care how much shiite we wade through as long as we're winning" attitude.

It's very Old Firm like

Didn't used to be like that at all. All we had to shout about was Kerry Dixon.

The Treasurer

Didn't used to be like that at all. All we had to shout about was Kerry Dixon.

That's exactly my point.

It took you a while but you got there in the end thumbsup.gif

That's exactly my point.

It took you a while but you got there in the end thumbsup.gif

Actually thinking about it, Paul Furlong's a worse memory. But then I cheer up by remembering that picture of Paul Ince in his spangly new Manchester United top. teehee.gif

The Treasurer

Actually thinking about it, Paul Furlong's a worse memory. But then I cheer up by remembering that picture of Paul Ince in his spangly new Manchester United top. teehee.gif

Paul fecking Ince verymad.gif

Now that IS a knob !!!

Paul fecking Ince verymad.gif

Now that IS a knob !!!

I'm trying to come up with a contrary argument but nope, you're right.

Archived