Well, that was boring...

The Merse

The Merse

Got to say I feared the worst for out chances when I seen our central midfield partnership was Black and Palazuelos.

Fortunately I think that pairing is way down the pecking order and is a last resort.

Pretty poor stuff all round, no creativity in the middle and little threat up front.

Other than the news filtering through from Fir Park, it was like a morgue - again.

Jambos1983

We only get ourselves up for hibs games it seems. Still lets all laugh at hibees

Arthur Morgan

Agreed, even though the Hibs result was pleasing we just didn't do enough tonight and the players didn't look up for it. We are too inconsistent and the players don't have the mentality to win games likes these. A win tonight and we probably could have took 5th, probably even 4th. Clearout needed in the summer.

Tams bird

Grim, glad its the end of the season ... I nearly fell asleep it was that quiet...

We were poor, particularly in the 2nd. Continually playing the ball up to Kenneth and whenever we got it wide, the delivery was shocking.

Guest juvehearts

delivery was the main factor.

no drive or ambition from midfield

we badly missed kingston

Juve

delivery was the main factor.

no drive or ambition from midfield

we badly missed kingston

Juve

Was saying this at the game. We badly missed someone in the middle of the park to get the ball down and pass it; the midfield just didn't work tonight at all.

portobellojambo1

I was very disappointed in the overall performance (confused by the substitution of Stevenson as well, although can only assume he was injured. He was the only one winning anything in the air, and should have been pushed up front, with Jonsson staying at full back, and Craig Thomson or Glen replacing Santana, we needed a goal). Given we adopted the wrong route throughout, i.e. kept playing ir aerially rather than on the deck, we needed someone up front that could win the ball in the air and Stevenson was the only one doing that. Last 12 minutes was win or bust, and we should have gone looking for the win.

Ah well, just have to rebuild and start afresh next season.

We have really got what we deserved this season. No spark when Driver isn't playing, no pace right across the park, no leader(s), a team full of prima donnas and guys who think they are better than they are. Young players who have lost their confidence after a season and a half of an idiot manager.

I'm hoping for and looking forward to a clearout. Removal of the expensive duds from the squad, a reduction in the wage bill by several million and some hungry hard working players on the way up in their career or Jardine type end of career guys with great experience brought in.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

A total losers mentality from the support tonight. We are on our way to a season ending result and everyone is jumping about having a laugh at Hibs. Aye, it's funny but I thought we were above worrying about the 'wee' team. You'd think we'd just won the cup the way some folk were jumping about!

portobellojambo1

A total losers mentality from the support tonight. We are on our way to a season ending result and everyone is jumping about having a laugh at Hibs. Aye, it's funny but I thought we were above worrying about the 'wee' team. You'd think we'd just won the cup the way some folk were jumping about!

Glad you said that, I thought it was just me that had that attitude.

I think my repeated comment coming out the ground to other Hearts fans was erse, in response to comments along the lines of "Hibs just drew 6-6 after being 6-2 up".

The result at Fir Park was fecking irrelevant given the score at Tynecastle.

Victorian

so we haven't done enough for europe. it's disappointing but i's not nearly as bad as the fate we were staring at not so long ago.

we have progressed since JJ came in. he's steadily getting to grips with the job - even though he's had some awful luck with injuries - and he's even managed to deliver us two brilliant derby wins. the rebuilding job can only progress still further with the benefit of a clear-out and recruitment campaign and the new season looks very promising.

6th place... not the worst finish we've had in the romanov era. after we finished 8th we seemed to be on the slide, not this time.

can't wait for next season.

I think my repeated comment coming out the ground to other Hearts fans was erse, in response to comments along the lines of "Hibs just drew 6-6 after being 6-2 up".

Bet you're a massive laugh at parties. :mellow:

I was very disappointed in the overall performance (confused by the substitution of Stevenson as well, although can only assume he was injured. He was the only one winning anything in the air, and should have been pushed up front, with Jonsson staying at full back, and Craig Thomson or Glen replacing Santana, we needed a goal). Given we adopted the wrong route throughout, i.e. kept playing ir aerially rather than on the deck, we needed someone up front that could win the ball in the air and Stevenson was the only one doing that. Last 12 minutes was win or bust, and we should have gone looking for the win.

Ah well, just have to rebuild and start afresh next season.

from where i was sitting stevenson was upfront in first half (running around like a heidless chicken)came on to a game when put back into m/field when black went off.why does jj persist in playing black?is it just me or has he been rank since his goal against falkirk?

In my opinion getting into the top six was a bonus, anything else would have been pure luck..................

Lets hope JJ can rebuild pre season, tonight again highlighted our lack of anything creative or threat up front.

There are far to many players just not good enough.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a good laugh at it now but I just couldn't believe the celebrations when the score came through. If we'd made that noise for the first 75 minutes we'd have walked it.

Oh well. Always next season!

I must confess to checking the Hibs score every few mins.....it brightened up what was a shite performance from us. We coulda went another 90 mins against UTD and still not scored.

It's all about next season now...a good pre season under our belts and we should be geared up to have a right good go at it. The fact that we came so close to getting a wee chance at Europe after the shite we've seen this season proves that we are heading in the right direction.

C'mon the JT's :thumbsup:

Nelly Terraces

It's hard to know where to start we are awful in almost every area of the park. Some truly brutal players playing for us at the moment, and the attitude is nothing short of sickening.

IMA MAROON

It gave us some hope though when we had nothing else until then.

Only a Game

It gave us some hope though when we had nothing else until then.

I dont get it. How did it give us some hope ?

We had hope when Hibs were four goals up and we looked like finishing 0-0 from about the half hour mark.

The final result, funny though it is in one way I suppose, removed all remaining hope IMO. In fact not just IMO, its a fact.

IMA MAROON

I dont get it. How did it give us some hope ?

We had hope when Hibs were four goals up and we looked like finishing 0-0 from about the half hour mark.

The final result, funny though it is in one way I suppose, removed all remaining hope IMO. In fact not just IMO, its a fact.

Do I have to :rolleyes:

There was time to play.

If we got a win and they got a draw that would be better than them winning and we losing.

Archived