Well v hobos

Hannibal

assuming we beat united tonight what would the best result in this game be for us?

obviously it would be great to catch Hibs but with Motherwell going to Ibrox on sunday and Hibs going to tannadice would a draw be the best result so we can go into sunday with both still in our sights?

Riddley Walker

assuming we beat united tonight what would the best result in this game be for us?

obviously it would be great to catch Hibs but with Motherwell going to Ibrox on sunday and Hibs going to tannadice would a draw be the best result so we can go into sunday with both still in our sights?

I think a well win would probably do the best for us. If it's a draw and we win tonight then we'll be going into sunday a point behind and with a massively inferior goal difference. If the hobos get beaten both games we'll just need a draw on sunday.

The Treasurer

It won't matter at all unless we win tonight.

Let's just do our own job first

Clerry Jambo

Well said that man :thumbsup:

donnie darko

It's debatable, and not really possible to answer accurately until we know tonight's score...and possibly the one vs. Celtic!

However,

- I'd say that we don't want a Hibs victory. (Probably).

- If we drop any points in the next two games then we definitely want a Motherwell victory tonight...

- However, if we get 6pts points from the next two fixtures, then a draw at Fir Park would definitely be the best result, as

1. we would still have a chance of 4th

2. as we could still theoretically overtake Hibs and/or Motherwell, we would only need either of them to "slip up" on Sunday to steal 5th place.

Like I said, it's complicated. If we're being greedy, a draw would be ideal. However, a safer bet might be a Motherwell win, allowing us to draw one of our games, and still come 5th, IF Hibs lose vs. Dundee Utd.

The Old Tolbooth

That's the way I'm looking at it too, because as long as we get the job done tonight then we have a chance of finishing 5th (possibly 4th) on Sunday, all we can do is give ourselves a chance!

jambojim52

It's debatable, and not really possible to answer accurately until we know tonight's score...and possibly the one vs. Celtic!

However,

- I'd say that we don't want a Hibs victory. (Probably).

- If we drop any points in the next two games then we definitely want a Motherwell victory tonight...

- However, if we get 6pts points from the next two fixtures, then a draw at Fir Park would definitely be the best result, as

1. we would still have a chance of 4th

2. as we could still theoretically overtake Hibs and/or Motherwell, we would only need either of them to "slip up" on Sunday to steal 5th place.

Like I said, it's complicated. If we're being greedy, a draw would be ideal. However, a safer bet might be a Motherwell win, allowing us to draw one of our games, and still come 5th, IF Hibs lose vs. Dundee Utd.

Pretty much never want a Hibs victory. ( unless it's against the OF and would massively help us!)

Victorian

if we win then a draw is best between them. it gives us an outside chance of 4th and 2 chances of nicking 5th.

if we draw then a motherwell win still gives us a chance of nicking 5th off the vermin.

there is another scenario which would be rather pleasant... if you assume we don't quite fulfil our end of the bargain then a motherwell win over hibs would be best. hibs getting 5th place and then being denied europe AGAIN by ross county would be somewhat jolly.

linkin- hearts

I'm in the " let's see how our game ends first ", camp.

Hopefully a draw between them 2 tonight and a Hearts victory. Then the 2 of them pumped on the last day and we beat Celtic. :whistling:

Mikey Gardiner

I would take a Motherwell win. It would be best for us that is if we beat Dundee utd tonight. I dont see hibs winning the game and i think it will be 2-0 Motherwell.

Archived