T20 World Cup

KilbrideJambo

KilbrideJambo

Anyone else enjoying the early rounds action from the West Indies the past few days?

Malinga the Swinga

Yep, although will not take off till super 8's. Here's hoping England get knocked out by the Irish tonight, as they are becoming just a little too cocky.

Yep, although will not take off till super 8's. Here's hoping England get knocked out by the Irish tonight, as they are becoming just a little too cocky.

england just sneaked through after the irish game was abandoned. they only scored 120 in their innings but the rain stopped ireland after a few overs

KilbrideJambo

england just sneaked through after the irish game was abandoned. they only scored 120 in their innings but the rain stopped ireland after a few overs

England could have been in serious bother there with that total but weather helped where it didn't against Windies. They could have been out which would have sent Sky commentary team into such despair!

loveofthegame

I love the 20/20 stuff however the way games are resolved if it rains is a farce. England could have gone out after only fielding 11 of the 40 overs they were meant to field in the group stages- this would have been an absolute farce. I don't understand how the game can't just be delayed until the following morning if it rains.

Makes a mockery of the sport imo when 1) West Indies win 1st group game by only having to bat for 6 overs

2) England go through after 2nd game because they hit a higher total against Windies than Ireland managed. This all after Ireland only get the chance to bat 2.2 overs v England.

Don't get me wrong i think England would have come through teh Ireland game but Ireland should have been given a fair crack of the whip (and thats from a supporter of the English cricket side)

The Treasurer

How can anyone take seriously a sport in which someone wins/loses because it's raining blink.gif

Archived