Election

southside1874

southside1874

OK, I'm not particularly into politics and don't normally vote. I watched one of these debates on TV last week and have listened to some of the guys spouting their nonsense on the radio.

I think Brown is the only really credible one out of the bunch. I think he has his finger on things regarding the economy. I can read what he is doing and think he is as honest as a prime minister can be. He is the only one I've heard actually saying anything of substance.

Personally I believe if anyone else gets into power we will be paying huge tax bills because the other politicians seem to look at making sacrifices just now is the way ahead. I think we can make this as painless as possible and by stimulating the economy bring back some prosperity thus paying more taxes by earning more money rather than be paying huge taxes on low wages.

Although I'm not into wars and spending money on defence etc, I am in no doubt that the UK has its enemies on this planet and we would be stupid to think otherwise.

I'm hearing some politicians saying they will trim services and make cuts, but trimmimg services means losing jobs and losing jobs brings a greater burden on the country as there is no taxes being paid from these folk and there is cash out on benefits.

Gordon Brown is saying he will make the cuts but won't say how he will do it because it brings panic and stops folk spending. We need a strong currency to encourage investment and investment brings jobs thus more taxes being paid.

I honestly think if we lose Brown we will be in a bad situation in less than a year.

The others don't seem to have a grip on this economic thing IMO and our economy is very fragile just now. We need this guy who understands what is going on.

Without sounding bigotted, I don't understand how folk don't see this and are taken in with the spin that is put out in front of them.

Archived