Vodka n what?

jambogaz1968

Angry Haggis

What do you put in your's?

Lime & Sodawater - very refreshing but granted not the most 'Manly' tipple out there and would not be caught dead ordering one in the Diggers :unsure:

heartsfc_fan

Usually don't drink vodka, unless I'm ****ed when I'm out on the town and ask for anything.

Vodka, lemon and lime is alright or my mate likes Dr Pepper and Vodka (interesting taste I must add... :ermm: )

jambogaz1968

ginger beer.

try it you will be supprised :teehee:

juve

I drink it with ginger beer now and again :thumbsup:

jambogaz1968

Usually don't drink vodka, unless I'm ****ed when I'm out on the town and ask for anything.

Vodka, lemon and lime is alright or my mate likes Dr Pepper and Vodka (interesting taste I must add... :ermm: )

Yes but what kind of lemon and lime(diluting)?

chester copperpot

Coincidence.

I use the real thing. Gives you fresh breath in the morning.

Vodka and ginger beer is the damage.

Especially if it's Crabbie's alcoholic stuff. Tastes amazing and gets you *****'od.

more vodka................oh ok, ice ! tongue.gif

you went too far when you mentioned ice as if you got a good bottle of vodka, you shouldn't be drinking it unless its been in your freezer for atleast 24 hoursthumbsup.gif so no need for ice.

jambogaz1968

Vodka and ginger beer is the damage.

Especially if it's Crabbie's alcoholic stuff. Tastes amazing and gets you *****'od.

So.....Crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer with vodka in?

jambogaz1968

you went too far when you mentioned ice as if you got a good bottle of vodka, you shouldn't be drinking it unless its been in your freezer for atleast 24 hoursthumbsup.gif so no need for ice.

Vodka does freeze ?

chester copperpot

So.....Crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer with vodka in?

Yes, it's the damage mate :thumb:

heartsfc_fan

Yes but what kind of lemon and lime(diluting)?

Indeed. A normal vodka lemonade with a splash of lime diluting drink (and a slice of lime or lemon if you like) :thumbsup:

Vodka does freeze ?

some turn to slush but thats the cheap bottles, if its 40% or more it wont freeze.

jambogaz1968

some turn to slush but thats the cheap bottles, if its 40% or more it wont freeze.

I see...Can you recommend any good 40% vodka?

I see...Can you recommend any good 40% vodka?

I drink Absolut Vodka (Swedish) its 40%alc./vol.(80 proof) or Grey Goose.

Skyy Vodka :whistling:

sky.jpg

Work for Diageo?

Skyy is good but bland. Why the yanks love it so much.

At least that's what I was told at a vodka training session at work by a lad from diageo. All vodkas taste the same to me and I can't stomach the stuff.

Ray Winstone

Cheap Vodka - Red Bull.

Expensive Vodka - Over Ice.

Although I did try Belvadere black with Red Bull and it was rather tasty.

For a good 40% Vodka (or 42% in this case) get yourself a bottle of 42 Below from odbinns.

It is from New Zeland and you usually have to order it in. Great stuff and very pure imo - not a bad hangover like Glens or Smirnoff etc.

heartsfc_fan

Work for Diageo?

Skyy is good but bland. Why the yanks love it so much.

At least that's what I was told at a vodka training session at work by a lad from diageo. All vodkas taste the same to me and I can't stomach the stuff.

:laugh: no, just from pervious experience. I have 2 good friends who have worked in bars for 5 years.

I don't really drink vodka myself either. If I'm "pre drinking", in the house or pub, I'm always on the beer or whisky. The stuff that men drink ;) not women.

Tesco's used to do a pure grain vodka in their finest range 45% it was, but I have not seen it since I last bought a bottle.

heartsfc_fan

I remember there was sminoff black label (?) I recall being at a house party many moons ago and drinking half a litre of the stuff and not remembering much. Sure it's 47% content.

:yucky:

I remember there was sminoff black label (?) I recall being at a house party many moons ago and drinking half a litre of the stuff and not remembering much. Sure it's 47% content.

:yucky:

40%, triple distilled in copper stills, like whiskey. Quite fiery, the only one of the vodkas we tasted that I could see a difference in.

Well apart from one made from grapes, that one was quite lemony if memory serves.

blondejamtart

Tomato juice - can't beat a good Bloody Mary!

Grapefruit juice is also pretty good with vodka too - but yes, it's got to be good vodka, and keep it in the freezer! Stolichnaya!

jambogaz1968

Best place to buy quality vodka ,supermarkets?

Where do you buy your quality vodka?

Best place to buy quality vodka ,supermarkets?

Where do you buy your quality vodka?

Costco's for me.

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Vodka And cranberry does it for me. Think I'll try it with the crabbies alcoholic ginger beer tomorrow though.

Stolichnaya Cristall.... over ice

regular stolly with cranberry & a squeeze of lime

Gorgie pubs.... stick to gin or bacardi

The Old Tolbooth

Right, I've never understood vodka drinkers, mainly because I think vodka has no taste whatsoever and all you taste is the mixer, I think its bland and boring, is there anything out there that will convince me otherwise?

I like bacardi because it at least has a taste to it and you don't taste "just coke" or whatever other mixer you put in it, but I cant get my head around vodka and I've never drunk the stuff since I was 18 (6 years ago :whistling: )

chester copperpot

Right, I've never understood vodka drinkers, mainly because I think vodka has no taste whatsoever and all you taste is the mixer, I think its bland and boring, is there anything out there that will convince me otherwise?

I like bacardi because it at least has a taste to it and you don't taste "just coke" or whatever other mixer you put in it, but I cant get my head around vodka and I've never drunk the stuff since I was 18 (6 years ago whistling.gif )

I seem to remember us having vodka down at yours one night after me and Yv were at a wedding and came met you and Linda at the social club. Must've been 3 years ago tops. :D

The Old Tolbooth

I seem to remember us having vodka down at yours one night after me and Yv were at a wedding and came met you and Linda at the social club. Must've been 3 years ago tops. :D

Na, I gave you Linda's vodka which she still doesn't know about (thanks guv) and I had a bacardi (or ten) :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Na, I gave you Linda's vodka which she still doesn't know about (thanks guv) and I had a bacardi (or ten) thumbsup.gif

Im sure I got you hooked on cider that night too. No wonder she fecking hates me :laugh:

Suspect Device

Vodka And cranberry does it for me. Think I'll try it with the crabbies alcoholic ginger beer tomorrow though.

Vodka, Cranberry & a slice of lime...if theres only vodka

The Old Tolbooth

Im sure I got you hooked on cider that night too. No wonder she fecking hates me :laugh:

Ha ha, bollox, I didn't like cider until long after that night, in fact it was last summer I got into cider and I've stopped drinking it again since the budget :laugh:

Archived