Old Firm consider US summer clash

kingdannyb

They're considering an offer to play a friendly at 68,756-capacity Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts.

Could we have ours anywhere in a full stadium outside Amsterdam ?

The filth in the States

They're considering an offer to play a friendly at 68,756-capacity Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts.

The filth in the States

No.We tried Hampden and the other lot never turned up.

portobellojambo1

I think all this proposal does is emphasise the financial turmoil both clubs are in. The only driving force behind this is finance for both clubs. From listening to the article on TV I couldn't determine if the end result would be both clubs receiving ?1m each.

If either of them was an attraction to major World clubs they could arrange a friendly for themselves at either Parkhead (Celtic obviously) or Ibrox and with a full house generate more cash than that for themselves.

Something other Scottish clubs should note carefully, and play on. Both halves of the OF are financially fecked, now is the time to prepare your own clubs to get in about the feckers domestically and make them hurt even more.

The filth in the States

love this to go ahead, as it will fully blow the myth of them as big teams apart. How the feck does the promote think he will fill the stadium ? I predict less than 20,000, actually i gurantee it will be less !

The filth in the States

Mate that would be ace but I can't think of any country that would draw more than 5,000 to a Hearts v Hibs game outside of Scotland. Would make it pretty pointless.

What about a league game that actually mattered at a neutral venue abroad? On second thoughts that would be a nightmare for all sorts of reasons.

I think both of them would be a disgrace to Scotland, they will probably end up knocking six bells out of each other in Boston all night long in a drunken riot. Lets hope they can't afford the flight......

JamboRossi79

love this to go ahead, as it will fully blow the myth of them as big teams apart. How the feck does the promote think he will fill the stadium ? I predict less than 20,000, actually i gurantee it will be less !

I'm pretty sure you are wrong re smeltic as I seem to remember reading that a Celtic game over there sold out but they struggled to fill a 17000 stadium for rankgers. Also it is estimated that smeltic have a million fans in north America

I may well be wrong tho

Mikey Gardiner

I think both of them would be a disgrace to Scotland, they will probably end up knocking six bells out of each other in Boston all night long in a drunken riot. Lets hope they can't afford the flight......

Agreed. There is no doubt that some sort of fighting will take place between both sets of fans. I also feel it will be a waste if money. I don't think all the fans will want to travel to america to watch a game.

I think all this proposal does is emphasise the financial turmoil both clubs are in. The only driving force behind this is finance for both clubs. From listening to the article on TV I couldn't determine if the end result would be both clubs receiving ?1m each.

If either of them was an attraction to major World clubs they could arrange a friendly for themselves at either Parkhead (Celtic obviously) or Ibrox and with a full house generate more cash than that for themselves.

Something other Scottish clubs should note carefully, and play on. Both halves of the OF are financially fecked, now is the time to prepare your own clubs to get in about the feckers domestically and make them hurt even more.

Like it or no, they've got a large fan base over here PJ and they'll be rubbing their hands at the thought of spreading their particularly dysfunctional relationship to the poor undeserving masses over here. God I hope it doesn't happen - I'll never hear the end of it from some of the bluenose transplants out here - "well, we're a world famous club, zillions of supporters all over the globe yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................."

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm pretty sure you are wrong re smeltic as I seem to remember reading that a Celtic game over there sold out but they struggled to fill a 17000 stadium for rankgers. Also it is estimated that smeltic have a million fans in north America

I may well be wrong tho

I'm in Boston and Celtic would unfortunately fill the stadium. There are more plastic Paddies here than in Scotland. Not sure that it wouldn't be a security nightmare though.

Biffa Bacon

What about the punters that have (are going to) shell out for a season ticket, only to find that one of their games is missing <_< ok its the old firm so I don't care too much, just more implications than just grabbing extra cash....

Oops just spotted its a friendly :blink:

chester copperpot

My mates have been over to Las Vegas a couple of times for the big Cellick convention. I don't see the point in saving your summer holidays, all your hard earned cash to travel half way round the world to see a swarm of Scottish fitba taps when I am away on holiday :boak:

bean counter

"There would be some security concerns surrounding the match, but if the right precautions are taken, it could be a good thing."

It's a friendly being held 5,000 miles away why would you expect trouble from these inbreds. How many would travel from here or are all OF supporters neds.

I seem to remember a clip somewhere of an OF team playing in America with the supporters singing " where in Ireland is Glasgow " so hopefully some of the locals will not put up with their p1sh

Ahhh, another illustration of the Rangers and Celtic jumping into bed together.

OldFirm FC.

They are f@ck all without each other.

There are some out there that genuinely believe there is a rivalry between those two doncha know....

Suspect Device

Ahhh, another illustration of the Rangers and Celtic jumping into bed together.

OldFirm FC.

They are f@ck all without each other.

There are some out there that genuinely believe there is a rivalry between those two doncha know....

Nail hit firmly on the head there :thumbsup:

how this pair claim to be rivals is beyond me. have Hearts/hibs, Barca/Real, Arsenal/Spurs, Ajax/Feyenord, Inter/AC ever done joint sponsorship deals ? , our pair must be the closest 'rivals' to ever walk the earth :turned:

I seem to remember a clip somewhere of an OF team playing in America with the supporters singing " where in Ireland is Glasgow " so hopefully some of the locals will not put up with their p1sh

MLS All Stars vs Celtic in Denver, July 2007, I think...

However, New England would be a slightly more receptive location for the ghreatest fhans in the whorld.

I was actually in Brisbane in Australia last year when Celtic played against the local side, so I went along.

There were about 25,000 sellick fans there - and about 7,000 Brisbane fans. Funnily enough, they didn't sing too many of their pro IRA songs that day - not sure why though.

I have a horrible feeling that if sellick played against ra peepul in the US (especially somewhere like New York or Boston) then they'd fill the stadium.

heartsfc_fan

While it's a decent idea for the money, no club outside the Old Firm in scotland will get away with such a thing.

Too many glory hunters in places like USA.

FireHearts98

I wish Hearts would come to Chicago, but we're already having friendlies with AC Milan, PSG, and Red Star/Legia this year.

I'm in Boston and Celtic would unfortunately fill the stadium. There are more plastic Paddies here than in Scotland. Not sure that it wouldn't be a security nightmare though.

I was in Boston this time last year for a stag do. We had the kilts on and everyone thought we were Irish :huh:

Unfortunately I would put money on them getting a huge crowd,way more than your less than 20,000 prediction,60'000 would be a more realistic target.

Guest Dipped Flake

celtic would probably fill the stadium in Boston due to the huge plastic paddy population there. Can't see many rangers fans going there.

alwaysthereinspirit

I was in Boston this time last year for a stag do. We had the kilts on and everyone thought we were Irish huh.gif

Probably due to the fact that many Americans think Scotland and Ireland are one and the samewhistling.gif and also we probably just had the St Patricks day parade not so long before. There would have been lots of pipe bands on the local news.

"There would be some security concerns surrounding the match, but if the right precautions are taken, it could be a good thing."

It's a friendly being held 5,000 miles away why would you expect trouble from these inbreds. How many would travel from here or are all OF supporters neds.

It was posted on here a few years back -

Celtic can get all the Plastics from around Boston and NY and the Sons of William can get the KKK from down south for a big football lovefest.

Cracking night in watching it all on ESPN as the best two teams in Glasgow finally implode on the world stage. I'll buy a ticket for that.

oh ah grantona

HEARTS V HIBS in IRELAND has been talked about this year seen it on internet somewhere sure it was official site

HEARTS V HIBS in IRELAND has been talked about this year seen it on internet somewhere sure it was official site

You think Croke park will be big enough. :whistling:

alwaysthereinspirit

Absolutely gutted. My wife just called me to tell me that in the Boston Herald this morning the story goes that they'll be playing the game at Fenway Park, home of the Red Sox. Sacrilege if true.

Archived