To all Jambos

jamborich

Radioactive Mince

Tynecastle's capacity hasn't been 18008 for years. It's now about 17,400 IIRC.

Makes our percentage even better :thumbsup:

Who can imagine Ceheltic Pahark or Jap's-eye pox's attendances if they were as historically unsuccessful as we are?

Mince

The Treasurer

It also begs the question that, as the hobos are having one of their best seasons in years yet they're only on 68% capacity why are they increasing the size of the place by building a cheap replica of Meadowbank blink.gif

heartsfc_fan

I posted a wee thread on this a couple of weeks ago. Impressive figures to say the least.

I still can't get my head round Kilmarnock having an 18,000 seater stadium. Complete waste. Anyone have any idea why?

By the looks of that page that was after only 16 games , anybody got updated stats?

I would imagine Celtic, Hibs, actually most teams apart from us and maybe Dundee utd would have went down in percentage attendances.

By the looks of that page that was after only 16 games , anybody got updated stats?

I would imagine Celtic, Hibs, actually most teams apart from us and maybe Dundee utd would have went down in percentage attendances.

It's up to date based on home attendances, we have only played 16 games

Frankenstein Jambo.

I reckon our attendence % will go UP next season as a result of the positivity shown towards the managerial change.

It's up to date based on home attendances, we have only played 16 games

Just realised that after i looked at it again, I'm a doughnut teehee.gif

winston churchill

shows just what a pishy wee club dundee hibernian are.

running away with 3rd spot and their average attendance is 7715 :lol:

they will always be dundees wee team.

Say What Again

It also begs the question that, as the hobos are having one of their best seasons in years yet they're only on 68% capacity why are they increasing the size of the place by building a cheap replica of Meadowbank blink.gif

Baffles me too.

Some of the Hibbys in my local are foaming at the mouth because they're going to have a 22,000 capacity stadium next season, yet they couldn't sell 12,000 at home to Celtic a few weeks ago and have doubled our original allocation for the derby.

Yep, I can't wait to see their new 22k IKEA stadium (after the initial interest) rockin' with an attendance of 8,000, at home to Killie on a Wednesday night (almost exactly 1/3 full).

heartsfc_fan

Baffles me too.

Some of the Hibbys in my local are foaming at the mouth because they're going to have a 22,000 capacity stadium next season, yet they couldn't sell 12,000 at home to Celtic a few weeks ago and have doubled our original allocation for the derby.

Yep, I can't wait to see their new 22k IKEA stadium (after the initial interest) rockin' with an attendance of 8,000, at home to Killie on a Wednesday night (almost exactly 1/3 full).

20,250 stadium actually. Sorry to be pedantic. :teehee:

running away with 3rd spot and their average attendance is 7715 laugh.gif

Noticed that too, Pathetic support for a team challenging for champions league place.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Without wishing to appear to petty, here are a couple of observations...

TeamPldTotalHighestAverageCapacityPct1Rangers (1)1885340250320474115044493.9%2Celtic (2)1778406158500461216083275.8%3Heart of Midlothian (8)1623503617126146901800881.5%4Hibernian (4)1720246416949119101750068.0%5Aberdeen (6)1819603216803108912219949.0%6Dundee United (3)161234321110077151420954.2%7Kilmarnock (10)17971201031057131812831.5%8Falkirk (11)169051870495657757674.6%9Motherwell (5)1789287935552521374238.2%10St Johnstone (0)1783149780748911067345.8%11St Mirren (9)1774198616443651112539.2%12Hamilton Academical (0)185399653433000530056.6%

If you round the figures up to the nearest thousand (600 becomes 1000) then we are on 15,000 average, Hibs 12,000 average, Aberdeen 11,000 average and then Dundee UTD 8,000 average.

That makes a difference of around 3,000 more fans on average between us and Hibs, then 1,000 between hibs and Aberdeen and then a 3,000 jump down to the next team Dundee UTD.

That is frightening that a team with half as many fans as us on average over the course of the season can be so far out in front of us in the table and in a Scottish Cup final. If you average out the ticket prices at around ?20 per head then that is an extra ?140,000 per anum that we bring in just with gate receipts on them. the fact that we out perform the three next biggest teams in terms of attendances by thousands really should be reflected in the table and yet both Hibs and UTD who we are well out in front of in terms of fans are sitting above us and in UTD's case have better strength in depth in terms of personnel... Don't even get me started on motherwell!

UTD have a strong squad but also quite a debt for a club their size, why have we not been able to poach some of their players or even sign them before UTD did when we have better wages, higher income and a parent company that allows us to manage a larger debt?

From UTD I reckon the following players would improve our team...

S. Robertson

D. Robertson

M. Gomis

P. Buaben

P. Dixon

D. Goodwillie

J. Daly

D. Dadermarterie

F. Sandazza

G. Kenneth

Many of these players sit on the UTD bench for crying out loud??? They have a big debt, a new manager, a large squad and less money than us and yet they have better players sitting in the stand and on the bench than we do... this is criminal and once upon a time I would have expected us to go in and tempt them with bids for their players that are not starting games... The two Robertsons and Daly would do us a turn.

these figures tell me a few things, one is that anything other than third place should be viewed as an underachievment for Hearts, another is that Hibs are almost the same difference in size with us as they are with Dundee UTD, and the third is that we need to do more to ensure that we spend our budget more wisely.

Clerry Jambo

and the third is that we need to do more to ensure that we spend our budget more wisely.

And that Mothy is the crux of our recent problems :unsure:

heartsfc_fan

S. Robertson

D. Robertson

M. Gomis

P. Buaben

P. Dixon

D. Goodwillie

J. Daly

D. Dadermarterie

F. Sandazza

G. Kenneth

So the whole starting 11 then :teehee:

FWIW I don't think Kenneth is any better than Zaliukas, but the rest, yes I'll agree.

running away with 3rd spot and their average attendance is 7715 laugh.gif

Nice to see this Kickback chestnut again - it has been at least a couple of weeks since its last appearance. The 2001 census put the population of Dundee at 143,090. Seems to me that if you compare the populations of Edinburgh and Dundee, their average attendance looks far more impressive than ours.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So the whole starting 11 then teehee.gif

FWIW I don't think Kenneth is any better than Zaliukas, but the rest, yes I'll agree.

Fair enough with big Zali but as for the rest, the Robertsons don't even start and neither do two of those strikers.

UTD's finances surely must dictate that they will need to sell or get rid of some of these players, especially since many of them are not first picks. I'll bet they are not on anything like the wages that we pay for some players that are not as good as them.

Radio Ga Ga

Without wishing to appear to petty, here are a couple of observations...

TeamPldTotalHighestAverageCapacityPct1Rangers (1)1885340250320474115044493.9%2Celtic (2)1778406158500461216083275.8%3Heart of Midlothian (8)1623503617126146901800881.5%4Hibernian (4)1720246416949119101750068.0%5Aberdeen (6)1819603216803108912219949.0%6Dundee United (3)161234321110077151420954.2%7Kilmarnock (10)17971201031057131812831.5%8Falkirk (11)169051870495657757674.6%9Motherwell (5)1789287935552521374238.2%10St Johnstone (0)1783149780748911067345.8%11St Mirren (9)1774198616443651112539.2%12Hamilton Academical (0)185399653433000530056.6%

If you round the figures up to the nearest thousand (600 becomes 1000) then we are on 15,000 average, Hibs 12,000 average, Aberdeen 11,000 average and then Dundee UTD 8,000 average.

That makes a difference of around 3,000 more fans on average between us and Hibs, then 1,000 between hibs and Aberdeen and then a 3,000 jump down to the next team Dundee UTD.

That is frightening that a team with half as many fans as us on average over the course of the season can be so far out in front of us in the table and in a Scottish Cup final. If you average out the ticket prices at around ?20 per head then that is an extra ?140,000 per anum that we bring in just with gate receipts on them. the fact that we out perform the three next biggest teams in terms of attendances by thousands really should be reflected in the table and yet both Hibs and UTD who we are well out in front of in terms of fans are sitting above us and in UTD's case have better strength in depth in terms of personnel... Don't even get me started on motherwell!

UTD have a strong squad but also quite a debt for a club their size, why have we not been able to poach some of their players or even sign them before UTD did when we have better wages, higher income and a parent company that allows us to manage a larger debt?

From UTD I reckon the following players would improve our team...

S. Robertson

D. Robertson

M. Gomis

P. Buaben

P. Dixon

D. Goodwillie

J. Daly

D. Dadermarterie

F. Sandazza

G. Kenneth

Many of these players sit on the UTD bench for crying out loud??? They have a big debt, a new manager, a large squad and less money than us and yet they have better players sitting in the stand and on the bench than we do... this is criminal and once upon a time I would have expected us to go in and tempt them with bids for their players that are not starting games... The two Robertsons and Daly would do us a turn.

these figures tell me a few things, one is that anything other than third place should be viewed as an underachievment for Hearts, another is that Hibs are almost the same difference in size with us as they are with Dundee UTD, and the third is that we need to do more to ensure that we spend our budget more wisely.

I think you will find it is ?140k per Home match 15,000 - 8,000 = 7,000 x ?20 = ?140k, if there are 18 home games a season then our gate money is about ?2.5 Million more than Utd

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think you will find it is ?140k per Home match 15,000 - 8,000 = 7,000 x ?20 = ?140k, if there are 18 home games a season then our gate money is about ?2.5 Million more than Utd

Jeez what a clanger that was! That is what I meant, per home game... cheers! :teehee:

2.5mil more a season, that is ridiculous considering our contrasting league placings and cup performances. :verymad:

Dave Spacey

Surely the capacity's on division one can't all be right, and Hamiltons capacity is only 5300? Good to see we're up at the top end though :D

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Surely the capacity's on division one can't all be right, and Hamiltons capacity is only 5300? Good to see we're up at the top end though :D

What capacities from div 1 are troubling you?

Dave Spacey

What capacities from div 1 are troubling you?

Morton....15000ish

I know Caleys capacity on that is actually Pittodrie.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Morton....15000ish

I know Caleys capacity on that is actually Pittodrie.

Morton are a weird one for me too... Am I just totaly of the mark here or did Morton at one time not have quite a decent sized support?

Can't say i would enjoy having to go there on travels a couple of times a season as the place is mingin' (always think of that depressing 'Sweet Sixteen' film) but... They would bring bigger crowds to the SPL than some of the rubbish we have had in the top-flight in recent seasons.

Any re-hashed SPL with more teams would need Morton as a member, purely for size of support- Which would grow if they ever were promoted.

I think they are like all the small weeg-area teams in that they maintain large stadiums outwith the possibility of being filled by their own support, so that they can sell lots of tickets to the OF when they find themselves in the same division as them... killie do something similar and a big part of motherwell's geetin' and moaning about the post-split fixtures seems to centre around them not being able to get the OF in to fill their ground for them one last time before the end of the season, John Boyle said as much on 'Off the Ball' on saturday. :rolleyes:

Morton are a weird one for me too... Am I just totaly of the mark here or did Morton at one time not have quite a decent sized support?

Can't say i would enjoy having to go there on travels a couple of times a season as the place is mingin' (always think of that depressing 'Sweet Sixteen' film) but... They would bring bigger crowds to the SPL than some of the rubbish we have had in the top-flight in recent seasons.

Any re-hashed SPL with more teams would need Morton as a member, purely for size of support- Which would grow if they ever were promoted.

I think they are like all the small weeg-area teams in that they maintain large stadiums outwith the possibility of being filled by their own support, so that they can sell lots of tickets to the OF when they find themselves in the same division as them... killie do something similar and a big part of motherwell's geetin' and moaning about the post-split fixtures seems to centre around them not being able to get the OF in to fill their ground for them one last time before the end of the season, John Boyle said as much on 'Off the Ball' on saturday. :rolleyes:

may i take this opportunity to say motherwell are an absolute DISGRACE of a club

Snake Plissken

Surely the 16,000 Aberdeen fans squeezing into the Roseburn helps our avergae. :whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

may i take this opportunity to say motherwell are an absolute DISGRACE of a club

Yes you may, hear, hear!

It really made me cringe actually. Boyle was on giving it all that thesp' pomp with Stuart and Tam and then he started greetin' about how they are missing out financially by not selling out most of their ground to one of the OF.

They were talking about how initiatives should be looked at to bring more money and punters back to the Scottish game and not one of them mentioned the Gorgie Club (gorgie stand bar) or the fact that our attendancies have actually went up in recent times... tried to phone in but did not get through.

Buffalo Bill's idea about an emirates-esq bar under the Wheatfield would be an excellent idea if the gorgie Club turns ouit to be a success.

Yes you may, hear, hear!

It really made me cringe actually. Boyle was on giving it all that thesp' pomp with Stuart and Tam and then he started greetin' about how they are missing out financially by not selling out most of their ground to one of the OF.

They were talking about how initiatives should be looked at to bring more money and punters back to the Scottish game and not one of them mentioned the Gorgie Club (gorgie stand bar) or the fact that our attendancies have actually went up in recent times... tried to phone in but did not get through.

Buffalo Bill's idea about an emirates-esq bar under the Wheatfield would be an excellent idea if the gorgie Club turns ouit to be a success.

as i said on a previous thread (think you were barred at the time), can you imagine if hearts built a stand that was superior to all other viewing areas and this stand was used exclusively for the away support. incredible the rest of the grounds a tip but the only stand thats` any good is used to it`s potential twice a season when the old firm come calling. add the worst pitch in britain and that fud of a chairman into the mix and you have a joke of a club. pathetic

I posted a wee thread on this a couple of weeks ago. Impressive figures to say the least.

I still can't get my head round Kilmarnock having an 18,000 seater stadium. Complete waste. Anyone have any idea why?

They need 14,000 more seats to meet demand with the locals four times a season (top six dependant)

Archived