Night Time Kickbackers

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

What does everyone do when they are on kickback in the middle of the morning?

I am an alarm engineer who sits in the office all night alone waiting for the phone to go and spend my nights playing football manager and on this.

Are many people working or they just up really late in the night/morning?

What do you all do?

What does everyone do when they are on kickback in the middle of the morning?

I am an alarm engineer who sits in the office all night alone waiting for the phone to go and spend my nights playing football manager and on this.

Are many people working or they just up really late in the night/morning?

What do you all do?

I'm a general layabout who occasionally works evenings. I don't normally get out of bed 'til late morning and as a result I sit on the net and, like yourself, play FM through the night.

It's a hard life. :)

Goose Baxter
I'm sitting bored in a hotel in a different time zone.

So will your one Peebo be work related then or you on a nice wee holiday yet board?

Goose Baxter
I'm a general layabout who occasionally works evenings. I don't normally get out of bed 'til late morning and as a result I sit on the net and, like yourself, play FM through the night.

It's a hard life. :)

what makes it better is i get paid to go on jkb and play fm all night as some times i have no callouts. so from 6pm to 6am its these to main things that i do.

So will your one Peebo be work related then or you on a nice wee holiday yet board?

Work, but have been struck down with food poisoning so particularly bored this evening.

Normally on at this time as I've either got a night porter shift or just back from work and not ready for my scratcher.

Although up late tonight as I did a night porter yesterday and my sleep patterns goosed.

Just woken up on the sofa with something stiff?

Must......not........turn.......this.....in to....something......smutty!

Phew! Just managed to pull out of a potentially sticky hole ther.....oh, b*llocks!!

Its one of the advantages of being eight hours behind in time. Itis mid evening for me rightr now. Its especially good on Friday and Saturday nights when the guys are posting after being on the alcohol all night.:)

Good student (in the sense that I am a bad student - I think that makes sense) who gets steaming a lot and therefore opens up my laptop at 4am in the morning to talk pash!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

User name says it all.

+10 hours here in sunny QLD. Usually browse at lunchtime.

Goose Baxter
User name says it all.

+10 hours here in sunny QLD. Usually browse at lunchtime.

What did you have for lunch? its just gone past 5.30am here in scotland

Narrative Arc
Im up doing uni work.

:(

are you the first person from Bonnyrigg to go to university?

Did you get a mention in the 'Advertiser'?

Nah, that paper only mentions stuff if its about an old woman who is offended by kids walking past her house to school, or Doris, the 92 year old pegleg who makes the best stew in Penicuik.

I tried though, oh how I tried.:(

what makes it better is i get paid to go on jkb and play fm all night as some times i have no callouts. so from 6pm to 6am its these to main things that i do.

Got any jobs going?

Narrative Arc
Nah, that paper only mentions stuff if its about an old woman who is offended by kids walking past her house to school, or Doris, the 92 year old pegleg who makes the best stew in Penicuik.

I tried though, oh how I tried.:(

Yer right! Apart from the court pages. it lets me know what some of my old school friends are up to.

Yer right! Apart from the court pages. it lets me know what some of my old school friends are up to.

:laugh:

Always a good read.

Although the crimes are good too.

"Some neds broke into a shed ful of bikes. A half used can of Dulux was taken.":eek:

Narrative Arc
:laugh:

Always a good read.

Although the crimes are good too.

"Some neds broke into a shed ful of bikes. A half used can of Dulux was taken.":eek:

What area has the most folk getting a mention in the court pages? ie Mayfield, loanhead, bonnyrigg etc

What area has the most folk getting a mention in the court pages? ie Mayfield, loanhead, bonnyrigg etc

No idea, I'll see if one is kicking around.

Narrative Arc
No idea, I'll see if one is kicking around.

Be careful? i think i know what the answer is....just too scared to say!!

Commander Harris

I've got no good reason to be up at this hour other than being a bit of an insomniac.

Say What Again
I've got no good reason to be up at this hour other than being a bit of an insomniac.

Snap!

I'm going to try and turn in now though. Got the alarm set for 7.45am for work :(

Goose Baxter

I hate being of a night shift for one night, its sucks. i cant sleep or feck all.

Happens every time!!!

Romanov Stole My Pension

I get insomnia quite a lot, but tonight i managed to get to sleep before 2am, and now i've woken up with coughing fits and can't get back to sleep.:sad:

Got a Physics exam at Glesga Uni at 9am too!

Im up doing uni work.

:(

I'm up pretending to do uni work.

And sitting at my pc laughing at Cigaro for being sad enough to actually do uni work :P

I'm up pretending to do uni work.

And sitting at my pc laughing at Cigaro for being sad enough to actually do uni work :P

Its 4pm!

What is a student doing out of their bed by then:p

Some of us have deadlines:D

Ray Winstone

Im usually up doing uni work when am not otherwise engaged of an evening.

Trying to get my way through the wars of the three kingdoms!

Its all go!

Supposed to be doing uni work - made the wise decision to leave an 8000 word essay until the week before it was due and now intending to pull an all nighter to get it done before going to watch a mates cup final at 9am tomorrow.

Bored of it already!

What a great way to spend a saturday night! :(

davemclaren
Same.

I'm a stoodent and i'm pretty rubbish at sleeping.

Get a job, that helps with the sleep. :P

Get a job, that helps with the sleep. :P

I have one Dave AND a full time degree.

I work 40 hours a week in hospital unpaid and 15 more in the crappy call centre that pays the bills.

Life is hard being a stoodent. ;)

Goose Baxter

I work 40 hours a week in hospital unpaid and 15 more in the crappy call centre that pays the bills.

Aye its a hardlife being a tax dodger!! lol

But in saying that a 55 hour week must be hellish for you.

Aye its a hardlife being a tax dodger!! lol

But in saying that a 55 hour week must be hellish for you.

It can be tough.

I have essays up to my armpits at the moment as well.

It's all good though, i'm a happy enough sort.

Goose Baxter

I am here because it a saturday and i am working nightshift and it sucks as all my mates are out on the bevy, but ive got fm08 to keep me happy for 12 hours!

I am here because it a saturday and i am working nightshift and it sucks as all my mates are out on the bevy, but ive got fm08 to keep me happy for 12 hours!

What do you do?

Does it not get busy?

What are studying that means you have to spend 40 hours a week in a hospital?

Nursing or something?

Think they're the only students i know that have to be there that much

Goose Baxter
What do you do?

Does it not get busy?

I am an alarm engineer for all the c.o.e.c schools & community centres. So we work when the school's are closed and when the alarm goes of at the school/co centre we have to attend to resolve the problem. See if it needs fix or if the school has been broken into.

We are night time key holders for all these sights.

So if the alarms are not going off i have no jobs and if a lot go off then i am busy.

But its office based, hense all the fm08 and jkb!!

And i only work 3 days a week as well!! ;)

I am an alarm engineer for all the c.o.e.c schools & community centres. So we work when the school's are closed and when the alarm goes of at the school/co centre we have to attend to resolve the problem. See if it needs fix or if the school has been broken into.

We are night time key holders for all these sights.

So if the alarms are not going off i have no jobs and if a lot go off then i am busy.

But its office based, hense all the fm08 and jkb!!

And i only work 3 days a week as well!! ;)

Nice shift patterns i guess.

Must be a wee bit nervy turning up at a school in the middle of the night not knowing if its a fault or some junkies that have broken into the place.

Goose Baxter
Nice shift patterns i guess.

Must be a wee bit nervy turning up at a school in the middle of the night not knowing if its a fault or some junkies that have broken into the place.

It can be especially with all the noises that you hear when it is just you in the school but if it has been broken into by the time i get there (based in livy) the junkies have left and if there is a sign of a break in you just phone the filth.

It can be a good job as i seen queensferry high go on fire the other week

Archived